talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

US Postal Service officials have been called into court to explain why they didn't conduct a sweep for 300k missing mailed ballots.

Mine got it, as you can check online. 

So Trump and his appointed Post Master General defund the USPS, and now they are upset that they don't have enough staff to  handle in influx of mail in ballots. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eco said:

@Stan - As to your question regarding not voting for a particular person, looks at these results from the state of Nevada. 

image.thumb.png.9e1fe41e578b83d412af93738f67bc45.png

In Georgia is there a blank space?

On my wife's ballot here there were 2-3 blank spaces for some positions (including President). What's weird though is when you write someone in... there's no real space to write in a VP candidate. Kanye wrote himself in on the CA ballot I think xD

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Stalin's got a higher death count & the 3 Paschas (spelling?) from the Ottoman Empire & Pol Pot in Cambodia are pretty up there on the list of genocidal fuckheads from fairly recent history.

Yeah, lazy from me. What I meant was Hitler was so unfathomably bad that "not as bad as Hitler" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Good news from Wisconsin. I was worried this morning when Milwaukee was all in and Biden still only had a very narrow lead

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In Georgia is there a blank space?

On my wife's ballot here there were 2-3 blank spaces for some positions (including President). What's weird though is when you write someone in... there's no real space to write in a VP candidate. Kanye wrote himself in on the CA ballot I think xD

Yes, their should always be a blank space for write ins. 

Kayne West got a handful of votes in Iowa I believe, all of which were write ins, and there is no VP candidate the votes don't choose the VP, the President does. If Kayne West had won, he could pick his wife as VP

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Eco said:

Mine got it, as you can check online. 

So Trump and his appointed Post Master General defund the USPS, and now they are upset that they don't have enough staff to  handle in influx of mail in ballots. 

I think some sorting machines were also dismantled. They actually closed my local post office here after the budget cuts!

My wife's ballot was received a few weeks ago and was counted... but she only had it mailed to her and then she dropped it off at our local library (all public libraries in the county were where the official ballot dropoff boxes were. I do think having a ballot tracker is a pretty cool thing - mailing ballots seems to be a pretty good way for voters to vote. My wife could just google shite for the local candidates/propositions/local measures she wasn't sure on how she wanted to vote, look at who supported what & who paid what and could get pretty good breakdowns.

There is an awful lot on these ballots, I was pretty surprised by that the first time I saw her get one in the mail. And a lot of the things people vote on are, tbh, things you don't really hear about until the misleading campaign ads come out. I imagine voting in person doesn't lead to as informed voting as voting from home does.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think some sorting machines were also dismantled. They actually closed my local post office here after the budget cuts!

My wife's ballot was received a few weeks ago and was counted... but she only had it mailed to her and then she dropped it off at our local library (all public libraries in the county were where the official ballot dropoff boxes were. I do think having a ballot tracker is a pretty cool thing - mailing ballots seems to be a pretty good way for voters to vote. My wife could just google shite for the local candidates/propositions/local measures she wasn't sure on how she wanted to vote, look at who supported what & who paid what and could get pretty good breakdowns.

There is an awful lot on these ballots, I was pretty surprised by that the first time I saw her get one in the mail. And a lot of the things people vote on are, tbh, things you don't really hear about until the misleading campaign ads come out. I imagine voting in person doesn't lead to as informed voting as voting from home does.

I agree. 

My wife doesn't like politics at all, whereas I love it, so when we did ours, we talked about the each thing and then made our vote separately. I do think she matched my ballot 100%, but the mail-in ballot is certainly easier for those who don't keep up with ongoing politics or due their research to see what's going to be on the ballot 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

So is that right that if Michigan and Nevada come through for Biden it's pretty much game over for Trump or will they still have to wait until all the mail votes have been concluded first?? 

Arizona isn't finished yet either, only Fox have called that for Biden, but those three states wrap it up for Biden if he holds the lead, yes. They won't call any of the states until enough votes, in person or mail votes, have been counted to leave the result beyond any doubt.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

So is that right that if Michigan and Nevada come through for Biden it's pretty much game over for Trump or will they still have to wait until all the mail votes have been concluded first?? 

You are right. The goal is 270 electoral votes, once someone is there, the rest of the votes don't really matter. 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Arizona isn't finished yet either, only Fox have called that for Biden, but those three states wrap it up for Biden if he holds the lead, yes. They won't call any of the states until enough votes, in person or mail votes, have been counted to leave the result beyond any doubt.

Politico also has called AZ and Nev to Biden. 

CNN has been the last to call states for a candidate, which I feel like is the best way to go about it and makes the most sense. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Eco said:

Politico also has called AZ and Nev to Biden. 

CNN has been the last to call states for a candidate, which I feel like is the best way to go about it and makes the most sense. 

Calling Nevada seems bold with the current gap and vote share even though most of the remaining votes are likely Democrat.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Calling Nevada seems bold with the current gap and vote share even though most of the remaining votes are likely Democrat.

I was wrong, Politico (usually my go-to), hasn't called Nevada, but has called Wisconsin. 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Eco said:

@Stan - As to your question regarding not voting for a particular person, looks at these results from the state of Nevada. 

image.thumb.png.9e1fe41e578b83d412af93738f67bc45.png

So what I don't get though is if you like the Democrats but don't like Trump, why would you still vote for him? 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Michigan looks like a safe bet now. Biden's lead up to almost 40,000. They've added almost 100k since they said there was about 100k left to count.

Is that not being investigated? The fact that nearly 100% of mail-in votes have been declared as Biden's?! Or was that to be expected?

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Eco what happens if the Senate ends up 50-50?

The VP becomes the deciding vote in all ties. 

Just now, Stan said:

Is that not being investigated? The fact that nearly 100% of mail-in votes have been declared as Biden's?! Or was that to be expected?

It was to be expected. COVID and masks became a political discussion, and Biden supporters were told to mail in votes, to which they did. 

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Republicans just making noise. The way those votes are split is more or less consistent with the in-person voting percentages in Wayne county.

• Subscriber

Now we have Trump declaring victory in Pennsylvania which basically means he's absolutely shitting himself over the fact that his lead is now just under 350,000 and Biden's postal vote is very much on track to get in the ball park of winning there. I was wrong about how many votes were left in Michigan, apparently there are still a few hundred thousand, but Biden's lead now exceeds 60,000 and continues to rise.

Trump is also so confident that he's won Pennsylvania that his campaign are now trying to find any excuse they can to stop them from counting the votes. So basically, he's definitely won, but he also wants them to stop counting the votes, and it's nothing to do with the fact that Biden is taking 20,000-sized chunks out of him every time a new set of results are reported, that's how much he's definitely won Pennsylvania.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Now we have Trump declaring victory in Pennsylvania which basically means he's absolutely shitting himself over the fact that his lead is now just under 350,000 and Biden's postal vote is very much on track to get in the ball park of winning there. I was wrong about how many votes were left in Michigan, apparently there are still a few hundred thousand, but Biden's lead now exceeds 60,000 and continues to rise.

Trump is also so confident that he's won Pennsylvania that his campaign are now trying to find any excuse they can to stop them from counting the votes. So basically, he's definitely won, but he also wants them to stop counting the votes, and it's nothing to do with the fact that Biden is taking 20,000-sized chunks out of him every time a new set of results are reported, that's how much he's definitely won Pennsylvania.

Did he? I haven't seen or heard it. 

He's completely falling apart at this point. Basically claimed victory last night, angering a lot of Republicans. Wanting to stop vote counting, and now suing potentially Wisconsin and Michigan for voting issues and demanding a recount. 

Unreal the kind of petulant child he is. I try to give him the benefit of the doubt, but it's way past due that he fades from the spot light. 

• Subscriber

CNN have just called Michigan for Joe Biden. His vote share now exceeds Trump by more than 1% which makes a recount even more pointless and unlikely than the one they've called for in Wisconsin. If he flips Pennsylvania, or holds onto Nevada and Arizona, he wins. 

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"