talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Is anyone else watching this statement? I don't know why but I'm in stitches here. 😂

CNN's "headline" under it saying "Without Evidence, Trump Claims Election Stolen" made it pretty fucking amusing.

I'm hearing Fox news is now pushing back on his statement. That's probably a good thing, this is really Murdoch's mess to clean up.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

Murdoch is the common denominator. 1. Using biased and poor quality newsmedia to erode impressionable minds instead or expanding them. 

2. Fomenting a solid audiencew who are so poisoned in their views of the left that they will never switch sides

3. Getting the politicians to then do whatever he wants them to

Murdoch's the worst person on the face of the planet, it'll take a lot to convince me otherwise.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

67 million people voted for that.

69 million apparently...

... it's pretty disheartening tbh, that more Americans turned up to vote for him this time - after 4 years of sitting through this bullshit - than they did the first time. I would be surprised, but like I told Eco yesterday... I've seen the same shite happen in the UK too.

But Trump's a bit different to Tories just running the country into the ground over a decade and then still having the country's support - it's the same thing... but just done so much faster and chaotically. It's genuinely hard to believe that he got as many votes as he's getting - I believe it because, by most accounts (other than from Trump and his supporters) it's looking to just be an election with fairly high turnout from the US and there isn't voter fraud going on.

But one of his claims from that absurd statement he made doesn't reconcile with his claims of voter fraud or being cheated. He's claiming there's widespread voter fraud to steal the election from him. He's also claiming the results of the election where his party won seats or survived bitter reelection campaigns are valid.

I'm not sure you can logically hold out that an election is valid in some respects, but not valid in others... just because you don't like the opinion. It's either a fraud stealing it from him and any other candidates that lost, or it's not and he's just got to face the facts that he's less popular than other shitty members of his shitty party.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Eco - I didn't know where to put this... so I figured this was the closest thread xD

So my question is... can the House of Representatives investigate a Senator?

I'm not 100% positive, but i think they can investigate, but can't actually remove a senator. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

If Trump is still deluding himself that the Supreme Courts can keep him in office for another 4 years after all of their attempts so far to take legal action have been thrown out, then I don't know why he set fire to any remaining credibility there was remaining to him or anything he says with that statement last night.

I've come to the conclusion that the reason I found that incredibly dangerous press conference so funny is that the penny finally dropped and I finally believed that he's a goner.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Biden is ahead narrowly in Pennsylvania!

Just watched some trump speech “highlights”, fuck me, how is no one stopping him? He’s making a mockery of “democracy”.

Big chunk in that latest vote count to swing to Biden. Of the approx 31k in the latest batch count, 23.5k were Biden's :o 

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"