talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

For everything Trump has done as President, there is a tweet from before he was President that criticises what he's done xD

Can't find it now but someone tweeted a clip of a speech Trump made in PA recently saying 'can you imagine losing here to a guy like that' about Biden xD 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
22 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Anyone know what's going on in GA? @Stan's website just says unknown for votes left

They're going to recount it, but will they call it before then?

They've basically counted all of the votes now. I don't know when the recount starts but it has been triggered automatically so it won't get called for some time.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

They've basically counted all of the votes now. I don't know when the recount starts but it has been triggered automatically so it won't get called for some time.

Christ we're going to be at this for a few more days aren't we. Pennsylvania saying it's going to take them at least that long and Arizona and Nevada look to be the same. I don't trust AZ anyway

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Christ we're going to be at this for a few more days aren't we. Pennsylvania saying it's going to take them at least that long and Arizona and Nevada look to be the same. I don't trust AZ anyway

I heard it might not be fully complete until December? 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

I think if Biden builds his lead to over 0.5% in Pennsylvania then they'll call out because that's outside of reasonable recount territory. And that would then be the election. I don't know how much longer that will take because I've not paid as much attention over the last 24 hours. 

Fox and a couple of other sources still haven't un-called Arizona for Biden. Those sources are now in a position where the next time they call a state for Biden, they're calling the whole election because they have him on 264 already.

What I'm finding bizarre about this election is the way the narrative hasn't shifted with the facts. Biden has definitely won, it's going to be comfortable both in the electoral college and the popular vote. People are talking about it as if it's a disappointing performance from him. This is the same margin Trump won by in 2016 in the electoral college and he's over 4 million actual votes ahead instead of 3 million behind like Trump, and that was perceived as some massive triumph. I get it was called early in 2016 but if this election was held in a normal year and the votes had been counted in a regular order then it would have been pretty clear from Election Day itself on that Biden was going to win.

I'm no expert, I don't really know when it gets called but looking at it logically, I don't really know what they're waiting for. Maybe in other years with Presidents who actually have a sliver of decency, he'd have made the "I've phoned Joe Biden to congratulate him on his victory" speech by now and that sparks the networks into calling these states. I get that they're reluctant but everyone knows it's over, it's ridiculous if they get deep into the weekend without confirming the result.

Biden would be running for Australian Liberal National or British Tories if he were from either country. The only good thing about Trump is that Biden has had to make more of his 'proposed policies' more antipathetic to what he would normally do. I do not care for Biden but he is a career politician and at least there is a chance of some positivity coming out of his term, unlike Trump whom is just a waste of time.

I would vote for Bill Shorten or Jeremy Corbin over Joe Biden but Biden over Trump, let's put it that way

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"