talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

The FBI last week theatre a plot by right wing terrorists to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and claim self government.

The terrorists were trump fans, and trump had previously tweeted "liberate Michigan" in response to governor Whitners Covid lockdowns (measures similar to most other developed economies).

Trump recently chanted "lock her up" at his recent rally in neighbouring Wisconsin.

His campaign Twitter account today posted the below, next level bullshit about her. 

20201019_175952.jpg

9 hours ago, Harry said:

The FBI last week theatre a plot by right wing terrorists to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer and claim self government.

The terrorists were trump fans, and trump had previously tweeted "liberate Michigan" in response to governor Whitners Covid lockdowns (measures similar to most other developed economies).

Trump recently chanted "lock her up" at his recent rally in neighbouring Wisconsin.

His campaign Twitter account today posted the below, next level bullshit about her. 

20201019_175952.jpg

His entire presidency has just been giving different green lights to different levels of extremism in America.

The polling for him looks really bad (although I think some pro-fascists in America still believe there’s a stigma in coming out in support of fascism, which skews polling), this scares him.

To react to his fears he needs to give the green light to his Iraq-style militias that taking up arms against their state government will be supported by their president.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Two weeks left to put up with it now.

I worry about what happens if he loses but he still has 3 months to fuck the world up before Biden comes in. He doesn’t exactly strike me as a gracious loser.

I really chose a poor time to be living in the US.

• Administrator

Wonder what will come of this Guiliani 'scene' in the new Borat film.

Actor playing Borat's daughter is posing as a TV journalist, aged 15.

Seen to be in a room with Giuliani. Giuliani is seen to be reaching down his trousers before Borat runs in saying 'she's 15, she's too old for you'...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wonder what will come of this Guiliani 'scene' in the new Borat film.

Actor playing Borat's daughter is posing as a TV journalist, aged 15.

Seen to be in a room with Giuliani. Giuliani is seen to be reaching down his trousers before Borat runs in saying 'she's 15, she's too old for you'...

Can't wait for this film to come out tbh

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

I don't get the whole idea of going after Biden's son. If anything, Biden helping his son through some shit makes him look good.

There's two worlds. One where it makes him look good, and a second World where the story is reported but specific details are obscured and people only understand a buzzword which is marketed with negative connotations.... "but HUNTER BIDEN" is the new Benghazi, and new email server.

This may drive up turn out in that second quarter.

I'm gonna miss the Lincoln project when this is all said and done. 

Their trolling of the trump campaign has been some of the funniest bits of 2020 for me. Most recent being the Billboard they placed in times square hammering Kushner and Ivanka.

Which brought legal action threats upon them from Trump's lawyer

They then riffed on Twitter what they should respond back with (mostly hilarious) before today coming out with an awesome (and still funny) official response.

On 24/10/2020 at 19:29, Harry said:

I'm gonna miss the Lincoln project when this is all said and done. 

Their trolling of the trump campaign has been some of the funniest bits of 2020 for me. Most recent being the Billboard they placed in times square hammering Kushner and Ivanka.

Which brought legal action threats upon them from Trump's lawyer

They then riffed on Twitter what they should respond back with (mostly hilarious) before today coming out with an awesome (and still funny) official response.

They’ll probably stick around and go back to attacking democrats when they feel comfortable doing so

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They’ll probably stick around and go back to attacking democrats when they feel comfortable doing so

Can't see them going back to the GOP. I think they'll run as independent or form a third party and try to peel moderates back from the GOP

9 minutes ago, Harry said:

Can't see them going back to the GOP. I think they'll run as independent or form a third party and try to peel moderates back from the GOP

I think, if Trump ends up losing this election, they'll end up trying to "reclaim" the GOP.

I just hope they've learned a lesson (assuming Trump does lose) - because the people involved in the Lincoln project are a big part of the erosion of political discourse in America (which in turn, effected how the media covers political discourse in the "Anglosphere"). The sort of appeals to ethos over fact they were so good at selling to the voting public in the US are the exact sort of messaging that was incredibly effective in Brexit messaging, for instance.

So while I appreciate that they've done a lot in the last few years to confront "Trumpism"... they really are the people who fostered the type of political environment in the US where a man like Trump could thrive.

I think if Trump does end up winning, they've got a bit of a problem. They'll have to either throw all of their support behind moderate democrats, which tbf... is just about what they're doing right now, or go behind a new party.

Another reason I sort of resent them, aside from their past history as political operatives working to get some truly shitty people elected and successfully dumbing down political rhetoric, is because I feel America is already so very conservative... and the further to the right the GOP pulls, the Democrats just can't help but follow and push a bit more to the right. Having more "moderates" identify as Democrats really just means "moderate Republicans" have been ditched by their party and have more ideologically in common with "Americas left."

So for people like me, The Lincoln Project's widepsread acceptance by the left sort of underscores the feeling that America really just has two conservative parties - and that people like Bernie or AOC are considered fringe more than anything.

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"