talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

14 minutes ago, nudge said:

"The election was stolen. But go home, we love you. By the way, I should have won. But go home. Thanks!"

xD 

To the people over there this translates to "Keep going. But go home, we love you. By the way, keep going. But go home. Thanks!"

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Just now, Machado said:

To the people over there this translates to "Keep going. But go home, we love you. By the way, keep going. But go home. Thanks!"

It's like a Boris Johnson lockdown announcement. 

'stay at home, but go out for exercise, stay home, go to work, stay home if you can't go to work...' 

xD

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

"The election was stolen. But go home, we love you. By the way, I should have won. But go home. Thanks!"

xD 

Like the entire reason they stormed it is based on those exact lies and bullshit propaganda being spread for months. I dont know if hes actually this dumb or hes just embracing being the cult leader, maybe its both. Either way its so maddening.  

I feel for Americans here. Their pride has been spat on. I've seen locals claim that "the American dream is dead". Once the greatest country in the world has become an absolute clown show and resulted to things that should never happen regularly in a country of their power.

I really hope other people stop aping them now. I also hope some order is restored in the next few years as it's a shame seeing such a glorious and proud nation fall to this. Especially being just north of the border.

• Subscriber

"Chairman Milley and I just spoke separately with the Vice President and with Speaker Pelosi, Leader McConnell, Senator Schumer and Representative Hoyer about the situation at the U.S. Capitol. We have fully activated the D.C. National Guard to assist federal and local law enforcement as they work to peacefully address the situation. We are prepared to provide additional support as necessary and appropriate as requested by local authorities. Our people are sworn to defend the constitution and our democratic form of government and they will act accordingly."

https://www.defense.gov/Newsroom/Releases/Release/Article/2464427/statement-by-acting-secretary-miller-on-full-activation-of-dc-national-guard/fbclid/IwAR1tzgWzHAEivqoOouZ434Qh866keyqYF2KWE4UNEx9KG8O_WGZYKjG6t84/

No mention of Trump, seems it was Pence to deploy the National Guard. 

• Administrator
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

Theres video on reddit of her being shot if your curious, I wont post it but she appears to be a trumpist and was trying to get through a barricaded window (hard to tell but likely looked like the inner senate area)

I've seen it from one video too. Bit of a crowd trying to get through. There's another protestor next to her with a massive rifle. 

Sorry if I'm barging in unwanted with this tweet, but I'm posting it because I absolutely despise that South Americans will go out to say there is no democracy in their country yet they want to flee to the USA as if they were any better.

I'm sure @McAzeem can preach on this one.

2 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Sorry if I'm barging in unwanted with this tweet, but I'm posting it because I absolutely despise that South Americans will go out to say there is no democracy in their country yet they want to flee to the USA as if they were any better.

I'm sure @McAzeem can preach on this one.

Tbf it's not that long ago Colombia was a very unstable country ravaged by the USA's "war on drugs" with tons of instability and... civil war issues. It might have been ignorant of how Colombia is now, but it's not all that offensive that a reporter would compare it with a place that's had noted instability (and noted US influence and presence).

It does show that the big talking heads on the big news networks are full of fucking shit.

To me, though, the biggest similarity is with the Middle East. Particularly, America's projects in Iraq and Afghanistan where we've seen US buildings attacked and sieged by radicalised militia groups which... actually look a lot like the people attacking US buildings in the US itself.

• Upvote 2

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"