talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Acquitted on all charges. 

I wonder if he will attend the riots tonight. 

Even before the aquital buddy Matt Gaetz had offered him an internship job. The more I follow American politics the sadder this is, I dont know if theres any hope there. 

18 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Even before the aquital buddy Matt Gaetz had offered him an internship job. The more I follow American politics the sadder this is, I dont know if theres any hope there. 

Maddison Cawthorn, another Congressman that's probably most simply described as "a young neo-Nazi" has also offered him an internship.

I know fuck all about the laws there, but I'm surprised self-defense can be successfully claimed when you show up to riots from another state with a gun - which to me seems like a deliberately provocative act.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Maddison Cawthorn, another Congressman that's probably most simply described as "a young neo-Nazi" has also offered him an internship.

I know fuck all about the laws there, but I'm surprised self-defense can be successfully claimed when you show up to riots from another state with a gun - which to me seems like a deliberately provocative act.

Im familiar with Cawthorn unfortunately, hes a gigantic peice of shit as well so thats hardly surprising. Also has rape allegations going back to his college days, shocker. 

Apparently one of the things coming out of the court room was that he was in the state staying with relatives and the gun was there as well. I dont know all the details I havent honestly followed it to closely but just catching up on some of it today. 

3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Im familiar with Cawthorn unfortunately, hes a gigantic peice of shit as well so thats hardly surprising. Also has rape allegations going back to his college days, shocker. 

Apparently one of the things coming out of the court room was that he was in the state staying with relatives and the gun was there as well. I dont know all the details I havent honestly followed it to closely but just catching up on some of it today. 

Even if he was in the state, wouldn't showing up to these riots with a weapon be provocative in itself?

I have no idea and I know some states in America let you freely carry around guns, even assault rifles, like it's fucking Somalia or Afghanistan.

To me, the self-defense claim seems a bit ridiculous because the only reason he was ever in any danger is because he showed up there with a weapon. And people died because he showed up there with a weapon.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Even if he was in the state, wouldn't showing up to these riots with a weapon be provocative in itself?

I have no idea and I know some states in America let you freely carry around guns, even assault rifles, like it's fucking Somalia or Afghanistan.

To me, the self-defense claim seems a bit ridiculous because the only reason he was ever in any danger is because he showed up there with a weapon. And people died because he showed up there with a weapon.

This is the genesis of the entire situation imo. Literally 2 people are alive and the third has his arm back if the kid doesnt go to the riots. Irregardless of the situation that ensued that entire point isnt even arguable. Hard to imagine the US has gun issues. 

11 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Hard to imagine the US has gun issues. 

Is it though? Even in states with strict gun laws, it's not that hard to get a gun as long as you've never been convicted of anything. And that's just if you want to purchase it legally, which tbh a lot of criminals won't give a fuck about as they're already going to use the gun to commit crimes. Stolen guns or guns that were originally purchased legally and registered to a legal owner are then sold illegally all the time.

There's no shortage of guns in the US and an absolute shortage of reasonable regulations to stop gun crimes. And then there's the people who think it's their god given right to walk around carrying an AR15 so they can pretend they're soldiers who only really care about one thing: guns and getting more guns.

Just look at this link: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/last-72-hours a list of all incidents of gun violence in the US in just the last 72 hours. It's easy to imagine the US having gun issues, because the US has gun issues - no imagination required xD. It's just not easy to understand why the US doesn't do anything about the obvious gun issues they have.

I don't understand why an outdated rule from a time where America had no standing army and relied on local militias to protect itself from foreign threats is seemingly completely untouchable. "It's part of the constitution" is what pro-gun people say. But so was slavery & they nixed that eventually.

Seems like America could do something about it's gun violence issues... just so few people have the appetite for it.

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Is it though? Even in states with strict gun laws, it's not that hard to get a gun as long as you've never been convicted of anything. And that's just if you want to purchase it legally, which tbh a lot of criminals won't give a fuck about as they're already going to use the gun to commit crimes. Stolen guns or guns that were originally purchased legally and registered to a legal owner are then sold illegally all the time.

There's no shortage of guns in the US and an absolute shortage of reasonable regulations to stop gun crimes. And then there's the people who think it's their god given right to walk around carrying an AR15 so they can pretend they're soldiers who only really care about one thing: guns and getting more guns.

Just look at this link: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/last-72-hours a list of all incidents of gun violence in the US in just the last 72 hours. It's easy to imagine the US having gun issues, because the US has gun issues - no imagination required xD. It's just not easy to understand why the US doesn't do anything about the obvious gun issues they have.

I don't understand why an outdated rule from a time where America had no standing army and relied on local militias to protect itself from foreign threats is seemingly completely untouchable. "It's part of the constitution" is what pro-gun people say. But so was slavery & they nixed that eventually.

Seems like America could do something about it's gun violence issues... just so few people have the appetite for it.

Definite sarcasm, sorry came across poorly xD

I agree with you 100%

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 2

This never should have gone to trial, it is a clear cut case of self defense.   The performance by the prosecution was a joke,, their witnessess proved the defendant's case.  The judge should had declared it a Directed Verdict after the prosecution rested. Justice was served here.

What's with the dumb fuck QAnon/Trump people who thought JFK would reappear? Fucking hell. 

Saw a video of them singing a Michael Jackson song in Dallas, and someone on reddit commented: 

For anyone wondering why they’re suddenly Michael Jackson fans:

They believe a bunch of dead celebrities are gonna reappear along with JFK and JFK Jr and put Trump back in power.

Somehow they believe Michael Jackson is still alive and will have a leading position in Trump’s new government.

Those people at Dealey Plaza claim they’ve seen Michael Jackson hanging out with them in disguise, along with other celebrities like Robin Williams, Prince, Tupac, Debbie Reynolds and so on.

They’re singing Michael Jackson because they want him to reveal himself and moonwalk Trump back to power.

I know it sounds like I’m making this up but I swear I’m not.

Wat. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Tommy said:

What's with the dumb fuck QAnon/Trump people who thought JFK would reappear? Fucking hell. 

Saw a video of them singing a Michael Jackson song in Dallas, and someone on reddit commented: 

Wat. 

The whole thing is fucking hilarious.

I mean it’s kind of scary but it’s still hilarious

• Subscriber

Just Murica and Florida things, no gun issues there (-this bit is sarcasm)

A pregnant woman was shot and killed in a road rage incident that stemmed from a hit-and-run crash over the weekend on a Florida street, police said Monday.

The incident unfolded after a 40-year-old motorcyclist was struck by a Kia in Orange City Saturday evening, according to local authorities.

Orange City Police Department officials allege that 35-year-old Sara Morales “intentionally hit” Andrew Derr in the area of the 1400 block of North Volusia Avenue, then fled the minor crash scene.

Derr was uninjured and remained on the motorcycle. He and witnesses tried to get Morales to stop while she was attempting to turn left onto Wisconsin Avenue.

She refused to pull over and they followed the woman in an effort to identify her, according to a Police Department news release.

Morales drove to the 1000 block of Wisconsin Avenue, where she went into her home and called 911. She allegedly grabbed a gun from the house and went back outside to confront Derr and the witnesses.

Derr had a handgun on him, and he drew the weapon and opened fire on Morales, hitting her multiple times, according to police. They say he had a valid Florida permit to carry a concealed weapon.

Morales was rushed to a hospital where she was pronounced dead.

Local television station WOFL reported that Morales worked for the Volusia County library system and was four to five months pregnant with her second child.

Derr remained on scene until officers arrived and is cooperating with investigators, police said.

A handgun belonging to Morales was recovered at the scene.

The investigation is ongoing and no charges were immediately filed, according to police.

https://ktla.com/news/nationworld/pregnant-hit-and-run-driver-fatally-shot-in-road-rage-incident-she-allegedly-instigated-florida-police/

Edited by Viva la FCB

On 01/12/2021 at 20:34, Dr. Gonzo said:

The US once again showing us why I don't think the vast majority of police should have guns: 

if you don't wanna watch an old fella in a wheelchair take a full clip to the back, I wouldn't watch that

Saw that video when it came out. That cop should be behind bars. That's just cold blooded murder. Scary to think that someone so trigger happy wears a badge to "serve and protect". 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Shits begining to hit the fan with the Jan 6th committee and documents being turned over. Mark Meadows (the former fascists leaders chief of staff) turned over a whole wack of documents and refused to show up in person (hes being subpoena'd sidebar) Stuff is trickling out about what he did turn in anyways and its staggering. Not surprising but its proving what we all knowl; on record by text run down the list of Fox News fuckheads that where messaging Meadows (as he has trumps ear and is around him... one of the most) pleading and begging for him to speak/stop the attack and asking for all kinds of things. Real shocking that they are all hippocrits I know, Ingraham and Hannity where two standouts. Maybe even more insane is they found a power point presentation of step by step instructions in detail of how they where going to steal the election. The word was they where spreading this to members of congress first as that was the first instruction. 

Anyways this is fascinating to follow and is only the tip of the iceberg. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Shits begining to hit the fan with the Jan 6th committee and documents being turned over. Mark Meadows (the former fascists leaders chief of staff) turned over a whole wack of documents and refused to show up in person (hes being subpoena'd sidebar) Stuff is trickling out about what he did turn in anyways and its staggering. Not surprising but its proving what we all knowl; on record by text run down the list of Fox News fuckheads that where messaging Meadows (as he has trumps ear and is around him... one of the most) pleading and begging for him to speak/stop the attack and asking for all kinds of things. Real shocking that they are all hippocrits I know, Ingraham and Hannity where two standouts. Maybe even more insane is they found a power point presentation of step by step instructions in detail of how they where going to steal the election. The word was they where spreading this to members of congress first as that was the first instruction. 

Anyways this is fascinating to follow and is only the tip of the iceberg. 

Meadows has been charged with contempt of congress as well.

The people that need to be getting this news though won't be - they'll be watching Fox News as these same people who were texting Meadows will now pretend this is a political witchhunt. And it'll be effectively suppressed to half the US.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Meadows has been charged with contempt of congress as well.

The people that need to be getting this news though won't be - they'll be watching Fox News as these same people who were texting Meadows will now pretend this is a political witchhunt. And it'll be effectively suppressed to half the US.

That is the biggest issue with all of this. None of the people that need to see this will. Fox News didnt even cover the second Impeachment ffs. Jamie Raskin did a fantastic job laying everything out but again they didnt see it. This is exactly why the retrumplicans and Mccarthy slagged off the comittee and tried to sabotage it from the start and deny all credibility. These people arent stupid (with the exception of the loud minority of idiots Boebert, MTG etc) Mccarthy, Cruz, DeSantis etc they are all very, very well educated people. They just want one thing. Power. They are willing to sacrifice seemingly everything to keep and gain it apparently and half the country is completely oblivious. 

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

That is the biggest issue with all of this. None of the people that need to see this will. Fox News didnt even cover the second Impeachment ffs. Jamie Raskin did a fantastic job laying everything out but again they didnt see it. This is exactly why the retrumplicans and Mccarthy slagged off the comittee and tried to sabotage it from the start and deny all credibility. These people arent stupid (with the exception of the loud minority of idiots Boebert, MTG etc) Mccarthy, Cruz, DeSantis etc they are all very, very well educated people. They just want one thing. Power. They are willing to sacrifice seemingly everything to keep and gain it apparently and half the country is completely oblivious. 

Cruz and DeSantis both went to Harvard for law - they're very smart people with a very strong understanding of the rule of law that they're trying to subvert to grasp for power.

It's hard to believe, but sadly true, that a lot of people just don't care about anything political (even when it impacts them) and a lot of issues that would benefit most people have been put behind social issues that are really divisive - they're sort of like distraction political issues to stop people from wanting to change the status quo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Is Biden this bad?

I think corruption is pretty understated in the west - and I'm sure there's at least some truth to Biden/his family being corrupt.

Having said that, I think this piece does a fantastic job of ignoring the widespread corruption in the US under the last guy who was in charge for 4 years - because the corruption there was staggering and brazen. US taxpayer money was funneled into the Trump organization for 4 years, family members who were unable to pass security clearances were given jobs negotiating with famously corrupt countries on behalf of the United States.

It seems weird to just go after one US president, particularly one not anywhere near as corrupt as the last one, for corruption in the US.

But I think a bigger issue with corruption in the United States is the unfettered amount of lobbyist money that "influences" (which really should say "bribes") lawmakers - it is why both parties in America, aside from the societal distraction issues - are pretty firmly in the pocket of corporate interests. It's why billionaires keep getting massive taxbreaks while the working poor and middle class are asked to fund the US government.

• Upvote 1