talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it was so bad the secret service agents were going to testify it was made up.

And yet they didn’t. And not a single person under oath has come forward to willingly provide evidence to the contrary on any of the points. Strange that…….I mean several Republicans even tweeted diagrams of the The Beast to prove he could get to the steering wheel. Only he wasn’t even in that fucking car 🤣

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

And yet they didn’t. And not a single person under oath has come forward to willingly provide evidence to the contrary on any of the points. Strange that…….I mean several Republicans even tweeted diagrams of the The Beast to prove he could get to the steering wheel. Only he wasn’t even in that fucking car 🤣

the secret service agents this alleged incident happened with were note subpoenaed to be there, I wonder why.   they did respond and say they will testify against that happening but what do you think will happen?

this is like running a trial by one party which is a front to the Audi Alteram Partum rule that has informed legal system's since Ancient Greece, carried over to Rome then transcribed into Roman Dutch law that informs all western legal principals.   this is not a trial it's a charade the democrats hope will save them.   it's the mueller report, Russiagate, fauxpeachment part 2, and summer of love all in one.

per CBS polling they took an already minority that consider this important and in that fringe group 40% said it was not important and 33% said it was.

the only thing I agree with the party of anarchy on is that I don't want Trump to run again, but a political hit piece 3.0 is not how you politic.

Latinos are voting against democrat policy, a deep blue district in a deep blue state flipped overwhelmingly red and got a GOP Latino mayor for the first time in history.   Joes approval amongst Latino voters is barely 20%.

good luck taking trans, abortion and Jan 6 as your only political topics into mid terms.   meanwhile gas is like 2 bucks cheaper in red states and tax lower.   but the sociopaths will now be leaving because they can't kill what inconveniences them anymore.

only in America can white liberals on news resort to racial slurs about a black judge and get away with it lol

this is what it really is about, a smut driven consequence free existance.   ironically they are now learning the solution to the problem all along and with it Americans are becoming better.  

the forced crap is just trying to shirk responsibility for free will ie: chose to have intercourse.   it's like this.  if I rent a home I can't afford and after multiple defaults I'm evicted, I go to the bank for a loan but it is declined.  the bank is not forcing me to be homeless it was my choice to live beyond my means.

a common one I deal with is a person goes out and drinks, gets in their car and runs someone down.   they plead not guilty as intoxication can invalidated the voluntary element to dolus but 1) you chose to drink knowing you will drive afterwards 2) a reasonable person or diligens patafamilias of ordinary faculties would have foreseen their conduct would potentialltly be dangerous and would have avoided it by taking measure to remove the risk eg: uber.

choice is the exercise of free will the basic right to liberty.  but choice has consequences.  Robert Dworkin wrote on this in response to legal positivism in the US around 1980s.

the woman will die mongering is debunked suicides post abortion is 11x higher than mothers bearing a child they didn't plan for.   guilt has that effect.  A woman that went through an abortion spoke on Sky about the feelings during the process and how it is felt and the remorse starts to get harder.   of course the libsoftiktok are sociopathic people devoid of responsibility and morality they don't care as it's not about health or economics it's about living vicariously without consequences in 99% of these cases.

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are you the South African guy from that HBO documentary about q-anon?

Nah I reckon that guy can write in proper sentences with adequate punctuation. 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Save your sanity man. It is the exact opposite of hearsay - shes under oath and in the perfect position to observe all of these people. Also guess what? most of this was not a revelation, most of this has already been corroborated by several other people under oath, she provided extra clarity on the situation with a first hand recount. The mental gymnastics to deny these facts at this point is hilarious xD ...when even Fox News couldnt deny it anymore..im speechless.

The long and the short of this is the DOJ is doing their own investigation and whether they bring forth charges or not on the Orange wonder is somewhat irrelevant. Its not in that it would set a dangerous precedence going forward with what can be done in plain sight of everyone but it isnt in that the damage has been done to the Republican party and Democracy in general. Whether the Orangutan is in the picture or not this is the blue print going forwad.. theres no dial to bring this back to reality. The thing im most afraid of is someone much smarter then the stain such as Ron DeSantis replaces him things will only get worse.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

When's Biden getting carted off to the nut house. He's not fit to run a bath the demented old bastard 

Soon he'll be pissing his pants on live TV 📺 

I don't think there's any chance he gets reelected, so probably after that.

Just now, Claret and Blue said:

Then stick Harris in his place. She's more wooden than my back fence 

I don't think Harris will really have a chance either. She's sort of been an invisible VP - which just feels weird, even though they don't really have any power other than breaking ties in senate votes. And she's tied to an unpopular administration. Maybe she'd have a chance if it was her vs. that religious fruitcake Pence, but there's no way Pence ever comes close to political relevance again either.

I think the republicans are going to nominate DeSantis and then he'll be up against Biden. Biden won his last election not because people really like him or anything, but just because a lot of people really hate Trump. I don't think the dems will primary (try to replace) their presidential candidate before an election, just because I don't think that's ever happened before.

And if it ends up being Trump v Biden again, I think it's just a toss up - there's people enough people who hate both of them that they'd probably just not be inclined to vote. But no third party has a chance, so it'd be one of them.

But I think DeSantis is nailed on for the presidency. Democrats don't really have much unity in terms of the direction of the country, DeSantis has this Trump-like cult of personality spreading through the US media so he's getting a lot of national popularity... and Biden's just not that popular of a president.

I think the democrats biggest hope is that the abortion stuff motivates people to vote for democrats to reduce the odds of a US nationwide ban on abortion. But voters in most first world countries have attention spans shorter than goldfish and what's a political issue now is probably not going to be covered in the news in a presidential election 2 years from now.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think there's any chance he gets reelected, so probably after that.

I know he keeps repeating that he will run again in 2024 but I love how the question keeps coming, its like "are you sure? 👀" I dont see how he runs again but If he does im not sure thats a good thing. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think Harris will really have a chance either. She's sort of been an invisible VP - which just feels weird, even though they don't really have any power other than breaking ties in senate votes. And she's tied to an unpopular administration. Maybe she'd have a chance if it was her vs. that religious fruitcake Pence, but there's no way Pence ever comes close to political relevance again either.

I think the republicans are going to nominate DeSantis and then he'll be up against Biden. Biden won his last election not because people really like him or anything, but just because a lot of people really hate Trump. I don't think the dems will primary (try to replace) their presidential candidate before an election, just because I don't think that's ever happened before.

And if it ends up being Trump v Biden again, I think it's just a toss up - there's people enough people who hate both of them that they'd probably just not be inclined to vote. But no third party has a chance, so it'd be one of them.

But I think DeSantis is nailed on for the presidency. Democrats don't really have much unity in terms of the direction of the country, DeSantis has this Trump-like cult of personality spreading through the US media so he's getting a lot of national popularity... and Biden's just not that popular of a president.

I think the democrats biggest hope is that the abortion stuff motivates people to vote for democrats to reduce the odds of a US nationwide ban on abortion. But voters in most first world countries have attention spans shorter than goldfish and what's a political issue now is probably not going to be covered in the news in a presidential election 2 years from now.

All them pricks who voted for Biden wasn't for the love of him but more the hate of trump must feel like right cunts now 😂 

To me you could throw them all in a hat and pick a name out. 

Just now, Claret and Blue said:

All them pricks who voted for Biden wasn't for the love of him but more the hate of trump must feel like right cunts now 😂 

To me you could throw them all in a hat and pick a name out. 

That's just how it is with US politics though. Both parties give you two candidates you hate, and you pick the one you hate the least. My wife's a US citizen and voted for Biden and she doesn't think he's a good president, but she still likes him more than Trump. Which I think is a pretty reasonable assessment because Trump's a big part of the reason why the US has gotten so shit over the last 5 years: he started a trade war the US can't win and has made prices of everything more expensive, he spent a year doing fuck all as a virus spread across the country, and he lost an election and then tried to claim he won it and inspired a gang of knuckledraggers to try to stop the election results from being accepted. And he appointed the people that basically ended reproductive rights for women in the US just a few days ago, so I can't imagine many women are too pleased with him.

It's what happens when you've got the two parties essentially owned by the same wealthy people. All the actual issues that are important to people don't really get addressed, you just get 2 different flavours of social policy while they push pro-corporate shit that makes the country shittier.

I don't think Biden's a great president, I didn't think he was going to be a good president tbh if you go through this thread. I still think he's better than Trump, because Trump was a fucking moron with authoritarian tendencies.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's just how it is with US politics though. Both parties give you two candidates you hate, and you pick the one you hate the least. My wife's a US citizen and voted for Biden and she doesn't think he's a good president, but she still likes him more than Trump. Which I think is a pretty reasonable assessment because Trump's a big part of the reason why the US has gotten so shit over the last 5 years: he started a trade war the US can't win and has made prices of everything more expensive, he spent a year doing fuck all as a virus spread across the country, and he lost an election and then tried to claim he won it and inspired a gang of knuckledraggers to try to stop the election results from being accepted. And he appointed the people that basically ended reproductive rights for women in the US just a few days ago, so I can't imagine many women are too pleased with him.

It's what happens when you've got the two parties essentially owned by the same wealthy people. All the actual issues that are important to people don't really get addressed, you just get 2 different flavours of social policy while they push pro-corporate shit that makes the country shittier.

I don't think Biden's a great president, I didn't think he was going to be a good president tbh if you go through this thread. I still think he's better than Trump, because Trump was a fucking moron with authoritarian tendencies.

Give me trump who gives a fuck about his own people over that lame coffin dodger who's more arsed about letting as many criminals into the county as possible.. 

2 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Give me trump who gives a fuck about his own people over that lame coffin dodger who's more arsed about letting as many criminals into the county as possible.. 

More criminals have been arrested at the border under Biden than they were under Trump - so Biden's better at keeping the border secure than Trump was xD

Trump failed at every single policy goal he had except for: 1.) lower taxes for rich people; 2.) putting religious extremists into the Supreme Court.

He really did fuck all for normal people. I suppose he does care for "his own people" but his own people are really just the ultra-wealthy parasites that have been gnawing at the western world.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

More criminals have been arrested at the border under Biden than they were under Trump - so Biden's better at keeping the border secure than Trump was xD

Trump failed at every single policy goal he had except for: 1.) lower taxes for rich people; 2.) putting religious extremists into the Supreme Court.

He really did fuck all for normal people. I suppose he does care for "his own people" but his own people are really just the ultra-wealthy parasites that have been gnawing at the western world.

Lowest unemployment under trump. More blacks employed too 

38 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

There are a lot of ways to get around that. I’m pretty sure the Trump administration counted all casual work and even charity work to their employment numbers, none of which reaches a living standard

41 minutes ago, Claret and Blue said:

Didn't realise trump was president in 1969: https://www.thebalance.com/unemployment-rate-by-year-3305506

Also look how it spikes up because of COVID xD - maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if the US federal government had... done stuff instead of just throwing their hands up and saying "it's up to each state to decide."

15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Didn't realise trump was president in 1969: https://www.thebalance.com/unemployment-rate-by-year-3305506

Also look how it spikes up because of COVID xD - maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if the US federal government had... done stuff instead of just throwing their hands up and saying "it's up to each state to decide."

How long was trump in charge of America when covid got Biden said they'd master it. 

I'll be honest I couldn't give 2 fucks about either of them. 

I'd rather have trump though