talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

Its pretty clear to me Republicans get money from business to run election campaigns yet what about the Democrats as they don't have big unions to rely on like in the UK.

I also remember Clinton took out a Colombian war lord, just one and there was a story I read some time later that was shocking though maybe telling. 

1 hour ago, Waylander said:

Its pretty clear to me Republicans get money from business to run election campaigns yet what about the Democrats as they don't have big unions to rely on like in the UK.

I also remember Clinton took out a Colombian war lord, just one and there was a story I read some time later that was shocking though maybe telling. 

It was Pablo Escobar wasn’t it? First season of Narcos covers that story pretty well

I am all for unstable Americans being allowed to carry guns round in public if it means you defend yourself against people who are ahead of you at the pool table... Go America!!! 

Jailene Holton, 21, of Philadelphia, was shot while standing in the back of the Philly Bar and Grill on Tuesday night after being dragged out for a night on the town with her friends. Her family said she rarely went out and that she was the group's designated driver 

The uncle of a young woman shot dead in a Philadelphia bar after a man got upset that the pool table was occupied, said the city has become the 'Wild West'.

James Holton shared his frustration at the 'reckless shooting' in Philly after his niece Jailene Holton, who had just recently turned 21, was shot in Philly Bar and Grill on Tuesday night. 

'When are people going to get fed up with this reckless shooting in the city?' James asked. 'Nobody does nothing. They get a mouthpiece for 20 seconds on TV and that's it and everybody's running around like the Wild West out here. I mean cowards!'

The man, who has not been identified, came in with two friends and reportedly grew irritated that other pool players were occupying the table, according to Fox 29. The bouncer kicked the man and his friends out just after 11:30pm. 

Once outside, the man allegedly fired 15 shots toward the building from the parking lot, which is at least 200 feet away, before fleeing in a dark-colored pickup truck. Ten bullets hit the outside of the building, and five punctured the glass windows. 

One of those bullets hit Holton, who was standing with other patrons in the back of the bar. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I am all for unstable Americans being allowed to carry guns round in public if it means you defend yourself against people who are ahead of you at the pool table... Go America!!! 

Jailene Holton, 21, of Philadelphia, was shot while standing in the back of the Philly Bar and Grill on Tuesday night after being dragged out for a night on the town with her friends. Her family said she rarely went out and that she was the group's designated driver 

The uncle of a young woman shot dead in a Philadelphia bar after a man got upset that the pool table was occupied, said the city has become the 'Wild West'.

James Holton shared his frustration at the 'reckless shooting' in Philly after his niece Jailene Holton, who had just recently turned 21, was shot in Philly Bar and Grill on Tuesday night. 

'When are people going to get fed up with this reckless shooting in the city?' James asked. 'Nobody does nothing. They get a mouthpiece for 20 seconds on TV and that's it and everybody's running around like the Wild West out here. I mean cowards!'

The man, who has not been identified, came in with two friends and reportedly grew irritated that other pool players were occupying the table, according to Fox 29. The bouncer kicked the man and his friends out just after 11:30pm. 

Once outside, the man allegedly fired 15 shots toward the building from the parking lot, which is at least 200 feet away, before fleeing in a dark-colored pickup truck. Ten bullets hit the outside of the building, and five punctured the glass windows. 

One of those bullets hit Holton, who was standing with other patrons in the back of the bar. 

it's not gun ownership, it's the mental health issues in America which since 2012 started tearing the country apart.   when I was there 2007 to 2014 pre 2010 telling the difference between Republican and Democrat was impossible and Americans had a national identity.   that has been destroyed.   America is fucked and I have fears something bad will happen

imagine if this faux trial was real and anyone should give a shit.

if you want corruption it's time to start one of these circlejerks about hunter and joe, that will get more views than liberal media gets in a year.

in other great news Jordan Peterson joins the daily wire, another platform with more views than liberal media combined.

anyways back to the hearsay, it's quite comical

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What's the deal with this Cassidy Hutchinson witness?

She worked at the White House for the Trump administration, she testified that Mark Meadows told Trump to say something to the protestors to get them to stop the capitol attack & that some of them had weapons. Her testimony included the president's response including statements like "I don't fucking care if they have weapons" and "they're not hear to hurt me" as well as his demands to be taken to the scene of the crime - "I'm the fucking president, take me to the capitol now."

She also testified she overheard a conversation between Meadows and White House attorney Pat Cippilone: "You heard him [Trump], Pat. He thinks Mike deserves it. He doesn’t think they’re doing anything wrong." This was in response to chants of "hang Mike Pence."

I think it's pretty telling that there isn't anyone willing to come forward to testify under oath, putting them under penalty of perjury, to contradict those claims. And testimony from people like William Barr, who was firmly in Trump's inner circle, don't seem to indicate that she's not being forthright about the president's behavior.

Some of the more amusing parts of her testimony include William Barr telling Trump the election results were not a fraud and Trump threw his lunch that was covered in ketchup against the wall. She had to clean up the mess.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's not gun ownership, it's the mental health issues in America which since 2012 started tearing the country apart.   when I was there 2007 to 2014 pre 2010 telling the difference between Republican and Democrat was impossible and Americans had a national identity.   that has been destroyed.   America is fucked and I have fears something bad will happen

I've often wondered if they would split into two factions, the globalist democrats with open borders versus the republicans with creating jobs in america and controlling imports and movement of people.

Historically countries could go to war to gloss over internal divisions using a smokescreen and force conscription though the US having guns makes that just more difficult to impose.

4 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

You would hope they had cameras.

If they need bouncers surely they need cameras too. 

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

That's why I mentioned 'Unstable' in my opening line... People who think it's ok to start shooting at everyone and anything because they did not get enough Mayo or need to be a bit patient to play a game of pool have clearly got serious issues going on and allowing poor gun control in to that mix is just adding fuel to the fire... It's not a place I could relax knowing that anything could kick off at a moments notice and bullets start being sprayed around...

I took my girls to the airport in the UK many moons ago when they were little and they had armed police wandering around with automatic rifles and it put me on edge knowing that if something did happen I had my kids with me and it's not a nice feeling, Now they are qualified armed response units so you can imagine how it must feel knowing that a large percentage of the population carry arms as a matter of daily life in the States... The fact that some of these kids that go round shooting up schools can get their hands on semi automatic weapons is frightening and worst of all nobody seems to give a fuck!! 

51 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I've often wondered if they would split into two factions, the globalist democrats with open borders versus the republicans with creating jobs in america and controlling imports and movement of people.

Historically countries could go to war to gloss over internal divisions using a smokescreen and force conscription though the US having guns makes that just more difficult to impose.

History has a trend that shows countries with strong identities and preservation of values last longer.   When countries are eroded by population dilution they eventually lose their culture and history.   Which is why Israel sends anyone that refuses to adopt the israeli culture packing.  It prevents cultural erosion. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

That's why I mentioned 'Unstable' in my opening line... People who think it's ok to start shooting at everyone and anything because they did not get enough Mayo or need to be a bit patient to play a game of pool have clearly got serious issues going on and allowing poor gun control in to that mix is just adding fuel to the fire... It's not a place I could relax knowing that anything could kick off at a moments notice and bullets start being sprayed around...

I took my girls to the airport in the UK many moons ago when they were little and they had armed police wandering around with automatic rifles and it put me on edge knowing that if something did happen I had my kids with me and it's not a nice feeling, Now they are qualified armed response units so you can imagine how it must feel knowing that a large percentage of the population carry arms as a matter of daily life in the States... The fact that some of these kids that go round shooting up schools can get their hands on semi automatic weapons is frightening and worst of all nobody seems to give a fuck!! 

I would agree America needs to make it harder to get guns and they need to adopt competency exams every year to ensure "fitness" to use a firearm and that means a mandatory mental assessment.   Their has to also be a minimum age as well as stricter requirements to own a firearm.   

In my country ownership licenses and handling licenses are hard to get and you are required to pass the mandatory year requirement for gun control exams,  you are also required to relicense guns every 4 years.    You also can't just own a rifle,  you need to pass your handgun control tests before you can move up to rifles. 

4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Apart from the fact, that if guns were banned that nutcase probably hadn't had one to shoot people. Of corse it's gun ownership, what else?

• Upvote 1

Yeah, on guns, the whole it's not guns that kill take just falls apart for me when you start with a national sense of entitlement to guns. What happens when any member of such a society goes nuts? People start shooting guns.

I don't know too many nations to compare to, but in the UK it's not in the slightest bit easy to obtain a gun of any kind. There's no sense of national entitlement to have 1. When people go nuts here, it's with knives & stuff. Or terrorist self made bombs.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

in other great news Jordan Peterson joins the daily wire, another platform with more views than liberal media combined.

anyways back to the hearsay, it's quite comical

The misogynism king of the incels joins the worlds greatest incel platform? Was bound to happen soon. 

"You must overcome the dragon of chaos, which is of course represented by the feminine, and slay it with the sword of order, which is masculine. Now, what this means for people of our humble time, is walking tall, keeping your moms basement where you reside clean and tidy, and never ever having sex, because that's embracing the feminine, which is gae"

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Waylander said:

Democrats and Republicans both have establishment figures which have the ear of big money. Republicans bend towards tax cuts for corporations. Democrats slow walk stuff, winning the left wing vote but slow walking the economic side of things.

12 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Mental health issues increasing in prevalence might explain why gun deaths are trending up. But they don't explain why America has 50 times the rate of gun deaths as the UK.

8 hours ago, Waylander said:

Both parties offer more in rhetoric than substance on the front of globalisation. They both act sympathetic to the idea of American jobs and will make some noisy announcements to placate their base but both understand inevitability, and conservatives are stern believers in markets and that government should stay out of that sort of shit.

The two party system is worse in America than elsewhere imo.

10 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Apart from the fact, that if guns were banned that nutcase probably hadn't had one to shoot people. Of corse it's gun ownership, what else?

a few bad apples should not infringe the rights of others.  how people like this are let out of prison or facilities then allowed to buy guns with zero competency is baffling.  

11 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

a few bad apples should not infringe the rights of others.  how people like this are let out of prison or facilities then allowed to buy guns with zero competency is baffling.  

So you think it's an injustice that the people of the UK aren't armed to the teeth? You'd take their stable, 0.2 gun deaths per 100k country and dump 25m more guns into it? 

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The misogynism king of the incels joins the worlds greatest incel platform? Was bound to happen soon. 

"You must overcome the dragon of chaos, which is of course represented by the feminine, and slay it with the sword of order, which is masculine. Now, what this means for people of our humble time, is walking tall, keeping your moms basement where you reside clean and tidy, and never ever having sex, because that's embracing the feminine, which is gae"

if that is what you perceive it to be about then it is your own preconceptions or convenience.   the dragon refers to fears, obstacles, limitations, inadequacies that prevent you from becoming better.    Fear of applying for promotion to a senior position due to fear of ability or the risk of higher responsibility.  conquering that fear of responsibility makes you better.

he is obviously against the pussificTion of men by new gen feminists and their soy slaves.   masculinity is important in all aspects of life also strong masculine presence in a relationship is scientifically proven to result in longer relationships.  strong masculine presence is better to a child's development.

of course before you nothingburger he rejects all forms of abuse as does everyone

40 minutes ago, Harry said:

So you think it's an injustice that the people of the UK aren't armed to the teeth? You'd take their stable, 0.2 gun deaths per 100k country and dump 25m more guns into it? 

where did I say that? in the UK there is no constitutional right to bear arms, when dealing with entrenched rights it is a bipartisan issue that should be addressed and like I have said 5 million times the right to bear is dependent upon strict regulations pertaining to fitness to hold a firearm.  this is not hard, like also mention here in south Africa it is easier to traffic humans than it is to get a fun and hold a licence.