talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, OrangeKhrush said:

a few bad apples should not infringe the rights of others.  how people like this are let out of prison or facilities then allowed to buy guns with zero competency is baffling.  

Leaves an interesting question: If the sacred lives of fetus should infringe rights of abortion, why the hell shouldn't sacred of born people should infringe the right of carrying a gun?

11 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Leaves an interesting question: If the sacred lives of fetus should infringe rights of abortion, why the hell shouldn't sacred of born people should infringe the right of carrying a gun?

in most cases of gun ownership doesn't end up with people shooting others, these outliers are down to no regulations on fit and proper policies.   The right to arms is constitutionally entrenched while the abortion issue isn't, the world wide western jurisprudence on abortion requires a balancing of issues given it is a very diverse legal argument.

11 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Yeah, on guns, the whole it's not guns that kill take just falls apart for me when you start with a national sense of entitlement to guns. What happens when any member of such a society goes nuts? People start shooting guns.

I don't know too many nations to compare to, but in the UK it's not in the slightest bit easy to obtain a gun of any kind. There's no sense of national entitlement to have 1. When people go nuts here, it's with knives & stuff. Or terrorist self made bombs.

Curious on that, I would expect to get a gun you need to know which criminal to approach. 

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

if that is what you perceive it to be about then it is your own preconceptions or convenience.   the dragon refers to fears, obstacles, limitations, inadequacies that prevent you from becoming better.    Fear of applying for promotion to a senior position due to fear of ability or the risk of higher responsibility.  conquering that fear of responsibility makes you better.

he is obviously against the pussificTion of men by new gen feminists and their soy slaves.   masculinity is important in all aspects of life also strong masculine presence in a relationship is scientifically proven to result in longer relationships.  strong masculine presence is better to a child's development.

of course before you nothingburger he rejects all forms of abuse as does everyone

There's no reason to make the dragon 'feminine' He's a fucking dork. You see the shit he wrote about his grandmas pubes? Fucked up weird old dude. 

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

There's no reason to make the dragon 'feminine' He's a fucking dork. You see the shit he wrote about his grandmas pubes? Fucked up weird old dude. 

He does everything from the point of view of a massive incel because he’s the king of the incels. I’ve only found there’s really 2 opinions on the guy: you think he’s an insufferable dickhead or you absolutely love him.

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He does everything from the point of view of a massive incel because he’s the king of the incels. I’ve only found there’s really 2 opinions on the guy: you think he’s an insufferable dickhead or you absolutely love him.

those two apply to anyone really.  For him it's like 10 million likes to 1 million dislikes, so he gets ratiod

56 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

don't need to help myself sleep neither does his viewership numbers and bank account.  

the people having a hard time coping are the self righteous kind

Hahaha there's more to life than money. Ask him. He's the one who was admitted to psyche and rehab, and has struggled massively with his mental health and wellbeing. 

But sure, he's mega happy because he sold some shitty self help books to some Soggy Baguettes who think that cleaning their room will make them whole. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Came here to post this myself. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so terrifying.

The one person in that who actually acts sane is getting crushed in the polls though because… it’s America, so of course they are.

On 01/07/2022 at 06:36, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He is a fucking weirdo but I think he has helped people to a degree, so he isn't the worst. His whole schtick of take responsibility for things in direct affect of your life isn't the worst advice. Better listen to Jordan Peterson than Ben Shapiro for life advice, now conveniently located on the same website.

His overall message isn't bad but he is fucking stupid for marketing it through the lens of incels, neckbeards, and angry young men that are limp wristed, even though those are the freaks he wants to help. He couldn't help those losers being a Tony Robinson 'the power is yours! be happy and strong' type.

Edited by Spike

On 30/06/2022 at 07:11, Waylander said:

Its pretty clear to me Republicans get money from business to run election campaigns yet what about the Democrats as they don't have big unions to rely on like in the UK.

I also remember Clinton took out a Colombian war lord, just one and there was a story I read some time later that was shocking though maybe telling. 

The Republicans get paid by NRA, mining, and other lobbyist groups. They hate unions.
The Democrats get paid by big tech, Google, Apple, and cosmopolitan think tanks. They hate unions.

25 minutes ago, Spike said:

The Republicans get paid by NRA, mining, and other lobbyist groups. They hate unions.
The Democrats get paid by big tech, Google, Apple, and cosmopolitan think tanks. They hate unions.

Would be interesting to know the sums as some of these companies make an art of paying very little tax.

6 minutes ago, Waylander said:

Interesting article from Guardian about the number if US citizens that are opne to take up arms against the govt. Of course talking is different from actually doing it yet it is the Guardian.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/30/poll-americans-guns-against-government

It isn't surprising at all. They are culturally designed to have a double think concerning their country. The idea of tyranny and the USA revolution is drilled into their minds from birth, as if pledging allegiance to the flag and singing the anthem. So one part of their psyche says 'don't trust the government, always hold them accountable, you will take my guns from my cold dead hands' and the other part says 'USA is A-OK, greatest country on the earth, I will bootlick the government till my tongue is dry'. These are fundamentally opposed concepts but they both hold true in the minds of every American.

Imagine being from a culture where the two fundamental truths are diametrically opposed. It's like being British and being told that tea is evil but also the best thing in the world while you drink ten cups a day.

29 minutes ago, Spike said:

We have seen many major corporations and entities leave South Africa due to our Unions which cover every sector.   It was just this week that workers made sure they made lives of their own families worse for self interests by going on strike for 7% wage increases and other luxury benefits crippling the national energy provider for a week.   

Anglo American left a few years ago due to insane union demands and lack of profit.    Working in the labour field myself I am often in collective bargaining disputes where Unions are claiming up to 20% wage hikes.    To sit there with a straight face is hard.    Then you tell them if they want to picket or strike they can do that,  eventually they will get hungry. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

We have seen many major corporations and entities leave South Africa due to our Unions which cover every sector.   It was just this week that workers made sure they made lives of their own families worse for self interests by going on strike for 7% wage increases and other luxury benefits crippling the national energy provider for a week.   

Anglo American left a few years ago due to insane union demands and lack of profit.    Working in the labour field myself I am often in collective bargaining disputes where Unions are claiming up to 20% wage hikes.    To sit there with a straight face is hard.    Then you tell them if they want to picket or strike they can do that,  eventually they will get hungry. 

That's nice. My family is in a union and there are only tangible benefits. Treat the workers better.