talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

On 20/07/2022 at 22:27, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah they really need to change the rules about legislators in the US allowed to make investments.

It’s basically legalised insider trading for the people who make all the decisions.

I used to work for an American Bank some time ago and we had to do lots of mandatory training.

I recall one of those was opening an account for a PEP - a politically exposed person-  had to be referred immediately before the account was opened, they were deemed to be high risk.

I now start to realise why.

About a decade ago the UK Times paper also claimed  the biggest problem in British democracy was corporate lobbying.

I think this is why civilisations eventually fail,  once everyone realises the system is rigged not many want to do the the dangerous or messy jobs any more. 

time to investigate Biden and co, they are compromised and america is laid bare for it's rivals to pick at the dying carcus.

China are now praying off America's diminished world power.   people like Biden and Pelosi have sold America out to China, these are the real traitors.

On 31/07/2022 at 04:25, OrangeKhrush said:

time to investigate Biden and co, they are compromised and america is laid bare for it's rivals to pick at the dying carcus.

China are now praying off America's diminished world power.   people like Biden and Pelosi have sold America out to China, these are the real traitors.

They've kept up Trump's trade war and are antagonising China over Taiwan?

77 years ago USA nuked Japan twice. And to this day people still say ‘iT hAD to Be DoNE’. That’s some top quality brainwashing. I’m sure of Germany won people would say ‘It HaD tO BE dONe’ as well. It’s an atrocity, there is no other description.

Am I the crazy one? I would think the only two times a nuke has been dropped on real humans is one of the worst things to have ever happened in the history of humans.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Spike said:

77 years ago USA nuked Japan twice. And to this day people still say ‘iT hAD to Be DoNE’. That’s some top quality brainwashing. I’m sure of Germany won people would say ‘It HaD tO BE dONe’ as well. It’s an atrocity, there is no other description.

Am I the crazy one? I would think the only two times a nuke has been dropped on real humans is one of the worst things to have ever happened in the history of humans.

There is a very real argument that it saved many lives, but the thing that irks me is the lives it saved were of American and Japanese servicemen who had signed their names on the dotted line and knew the risks of combat. In exchange, thousands of civilians died and a generation after suffered from the long term effects of nuclear fall out.  

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

There is a very real argument that it saved many lives, but the thing that irks me is the lives it saved were of American and Japanese servicemen who had signed their names on the dotted line and knew the risks of combat. In exchange, thousands of civilians died and a generation after suffered from the long term effects of nuclear fall out.  

I hate the ‘it saved lives’. Did it? It just traded some lives for others like they are statistics. Japan was already bombed out, Tokyo was on fire, and the cherry of it all was the people were turned to dust, children deformed, generations of people lost. It’s the most destructive force ever invented, it could destroy the planet and it was used twice. It’s fine to say ‘it ended the war’ because it is true, it did end the war. But never say it was justified, or moral, if you can moralise nukes, you can moralise anything.

@Devil-Dick Willie maybe I'm biased but when I was at a bar in the Chicago airport I met a Japanese-American man whose is from Hiroshima originally. Maybe I'm being sentimental but meeting someone whose parents and family were survivors of the nukes is a very confronting reality. He spoke of how 'they didn't know what it was, or that it could happen. Then knew they could be bombed but not like that. The next day my aunts were in the town helping people, looking through the rubble, they didn't know they could get sick from the fallout, they didn't even have cloth masks to wear, they had no protection from it. They didn't need to do that to us'.

Goddamn man, it just kills me inside when people are so cold about it. They say it like it is a fact 'it had to be done'. 'They deserved it'. 'They were war criminals'. 'It's for what the did in Asia and Pearl Harbour'. Geez America is fine dishing out divine retribution, but where is the retribution for the Native Americans? Where is the retribution for enslaving humans? It is the holier than thou attitude, the dismissiveness of the actuality of using the most powerful weapon ever on humans.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Aladdin said:

FZg22PpXgAYZ8D8?format=jpg&name=900x900

These are the sorts of dipshits that wish the crusades never ended because they never saw their skyman bring about what was promised in the book that was written that they think controls everyone's life. Religious extremists are scum, doesn't matter what religion it is and where in the world they come from.

The religious right of the US is desperate to create such a absolute shitshow in the Middle East that the war envelopes the holy lands, because they think that's what's necessary for their prophesy to come true.

Which tbh is a bit funny... because where's their faith in their God? Shouldn't they just have to be good Christians and follow the teachings of Christ and be patient for it to eventually happen?

But that'd probably require them to do things like: care about poor people or... read more of the Bible than the quotes their hyperpartisan pastors and priests have cherry picked to make their political point. They're no different from the Wahhabi scum they pretend to be so much better than. Just a different flavour of scum, but still absolute scum.

• Upvote 2

I don't know why republicans are crying about the raid on Trump's house. It's not like there wasn't a warrant - there was a warrant. The FBI has asked him to turn over missing White House documents many times. That they had to ask for a warrant to go and get them is telling.

It's not some random warrantless search. It's not something the Trump team would have thought beyond the realm of possibility (at least if they have competent lawyers) - when you don't produce documents the FBI asks for but has evidence that you have in your possession... it's always likely a warrant can be granted.

It's kind of pathetic too, when they talk about the politicisation of the justice department after they spent years harping on about Clinton and having a criminal investigation into her... which resulted in a finding that she didn't do anything wrong, after tarnishing her reputation before the election.

The hypocrisy is actually quite hilarious. I can only assume the documents perhaps contain some damning information on these politicians crying the loudest right now.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
44 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't know why republicans are crying about the raid on Trump's house. It's not like there wasn't a warrant - there was a warrant. The FBI has asked him to turn over missing White House documents many times. That they had to ask for a warrant to go and get them is telling.

It's not some random warrantless search. It's not something the Trump team would have thought beyond the realm of possibility (at least if they have competent lawyers) - when you don't produce documents the FBI asks for but has evidence that you have in your possession... it's always likely a warrant can be granted.

It's kind of pathetic too, when they talk about the politicisation of the justice department after they spent years harping on about Clinton and having a criminal investigation into her... which resulted in a finding that she didn't do anything wrong, after tarnishing her reputation before the election.

The hypocrisy is actually quite hilarious. I can only assume the documents perhaps contain some damning information on these politicians crying the loudest right now.

His statement is that of a madman grasping at every possible straw for some life. Ranting buzzwords full of nonsense from start to finish. The biggest grifter in white house history is going to go down kicking and screaming. At the end of the day they unfortunately are turning it partisan which means De Santis very much will carry the nutjob torch going forward when the orange fraud goes down. 

2 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

His statement is that of a madman grasping at every possible straw for some life. Ranting buzzwords full of nonsense from start to finish. The biggest grifter in white house history is going to go down kicking and screaming. At the end of the day they unfortunately are turning it partisan which means De Santis very much will carry the nutjob torch going forward when the orange fraud goes down. 

Ron DeSantis tweeting about how he's "shocked" by this news very much reminds me of this:

Arsenal on Twitter: "🆕 New club. New colours. New beginnings. 👋 Welcome  to The Arsenal, @WillianBorges88! 🔴 https://t.co/B7Tl01BXLe" / Twitter

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

These are the sorts of dipshits that wish the crusades never ended because they never saw their skyman bring about what was promised in the book that was written that they think controls everyone's life. Religious extremists are scum, doesn't matter what religion it is and where in the world they come from.

The religious right of the US is desperate to create such a absolute shitshow in the Middle East that the war envelopes the holy lands, because they think that's what's necessary for their prophesy to come true.

Which tbh is a bit funny... because where's their faith in their God? Shouldn't they just have to be good Christians and follow the teachings of Christ and be patient for it to eventually happen?

But that'd probably require them to do things like: care about poor people or... read more of the Bible than the quotes their hyperpartisan pastors and priests have cherry picked to make their political point. They're no different from the Wahhabi scum they pretend to be so much better than. Just a different flavour of scum, but still absolute scum.

They'd even get the crusades wrong because for the most part it was just a way for the church to funnel warlike feudal lords into ransacking the levant instead of eachother and to bring gold and plunders back to Europe.

Hang on that sounds like something else...

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Well that only took a day. Right out of the election playbook huh xD Ignore the fact that there has to be probable cause and a judge signing off on this, I would venture to guess everyone involved including Garland would have all their T's crossed and I's dotted on this one.

3 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I have enjoyed the "if they can come for the President they can come for any of us" takes as if that's a bad thing xD.

I enjoy people who 6 years ago said things like “nobody is above the law, lock her up” are now demanding that someone be considered above the law.

I dunno why I’d expect ideological consistency from this gaggle of absolute morons though.

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

I don't care about these January 6th trials, to me it's whatever. I just want the orange man to reveal what's in the documents before they off him Epstein style.

Surely you must realise that it was probably Trump who had Epstein suicide-ed?

The person in charge of the US prison system was AG Bill Barr, a longtime family friend of Epstein. And Trump was his friend since the 80s. Too people who were probably a bit worried about what Epstein might have to say.

They had the means (controlling the prison system), motive (keeping him quiet), and opportunity (controlling the prisons again).

I doubt Trump wanted Epstein dead, Bill Clinton seems to have the most to lose.

Also it now seems Maxwell is in a nice prison under Biden which suggests she is going to play ball and not reveal names.

Musk has been making noises about knowing who Epstein's clients were. That may go nowhere yet it seems this has all been brushed under the carpet.

Remember Monica Lewinsky?

• Subscriber

I also love the fact that the retrumplicans and the infant himself keep refering to this as "unprecedented" like thats somehow a defense.  Obviously its unprecedented, theres never been this big of a crook and grifter in charge of the country before xD 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Waylander said:

I doubt Trump wanted Epstein dead, Bill Clinton seems to have the most to lose.

Also it now seems Maxwell is in a nice prison under Biden which suggests she is going to play ball and not reveal names.

Musk has been making noises about knowing who Epstein's clients were. That may go nowhere yet it seems this has all been brushed under the carpet.

Remember Monica Lewinsky?

Monica Lewinsky wasn't a child though? Trump palled around with Epstein more than most of Epstein's colleagues - he's even called Epstein a friend in the past. Trump was president and harbors ambitions of running the US again, Bill Clinton's just a private citizen.

I don't think any of us will know who had the closest ties to Epstein or who fucked the most children on his island - especially now that Epstein is dead. But for all the conspiracy theories about Epstein - there's facts that are just often overlooked for an easy theory to string together. He was on suicide watch under 24 hour surveillance in a high security US federal prison - and the moments where he's unaccounted for (and "kills himself") the guards aren't watching and the video footage is deleted.

That would only be possible if you had a lot of control over the federal prison system. And WIlliam Barr, who's father gave Epstein his first professional job and who he's known for a very long time (and wrote a book about aliens taking him on a space ship to a planet where sex adventures are had!) had control over the federal prison system. And I think it's likely that considering who Barr's boss was... that's two people who very much have possible motive for Epstein to not say anything.

I'm not saying that's what happened for sure... but in terms of conspiracy theories a lot of shit about Epstein is directed at Clinton and then people point to things like Monica Lewinsky who isn't even tangentially related to Epstein. It's like saying "Trump did it, Remember 'Grab 'em by the Pussy.'" But looking at the facts of how he died and who was in control of the US federal prison system... there's a much more logical conspiracy theory to be made - and it's honestly more obvious.

And just because something is a conspiracy, doesn't mean it's totally bullshit. But we'll never know unless one of those guards (who've both already pled guilty to improperly leaving their post) say anything - which they probably won't ever will.

And honestly all of Epstein's associates should be investigated: Trump, Clinton, the nonce prince, Musk, Gates. Because it's only people who are either very wealthy or very politically connected (or both)... involved with some seriously allegedly disgusting things. And those are the people that are running the western world. But that fact is probably why we will never get a real investigation or inquiry.

Well the pilot of Epstein said they had Prince Andrew on board once and nothing to his knowledge happened in flight. He did acknowledge making regular trips to Clinton and taking several women at a time. 

The FBI were out to get Trump from the start so I don't think he had any means to assassinate Epstein unless he was going to use his secret service detail or the military.

Trump at his inauguration talked about draining the swamp which put him at war from day one with the FBI who tried to tar him with Russia collusion while refusing to investigate Biden's son and his dealings in Ukraine. Just like Hilary Clinton had no action taken against her for using her private email to conduct state business. 

Seems to me like double standards because Trump was a business man gate crashing politics.