talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

10 minutes ago, Spike said:

They aren't really sure if it happened. It wasn't like the Norman invasion, it happened during the Dark Ages so there really isn't must info on it. The whole process was over a few hundred years, there was no 'Anglo-Saxon' people that invaded England the 'Anglo-Saxons' were an amalgamation of different Germanic tribes (Angles, Jutes, Saxons) and whatever mish mash of Romanic Celts were there. Historians can't even agree if it was a mass migration that caused a demographic shift, or a ruling elite that set the culture.

I just googled it. I thought it was an invasion but it appears to have been more an a migration. To be honest I dont think it really matters. The original page said it was taken to around 500 years ago which was a long time after 

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I just googled it. I thought it was an invasion but it appears to have been more an a migration. To be honest I dont think it really matters. The original page said it was taken to around 500 years ago which was a long time after 

They really don't know that though. I could have been a small army that asserted dominance or a demographic displacement. It's literally impossible to this as a fact, there just isn't sources for it. We only know that from Germanic influence a culture that we call 'Anglo-Saxon' became the dominant culture, nobody knows exactly how or why that happened.

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

They really don't know that though. I could have been a small army that asserted dominance or a demographic displacement. It's literally impossible to this as a fact, there just isn't sources for it. We only know that from Germanic influence a culture that we call 'Anglo-Saxon' became the dominant culture, nobody knows exactly how or why that happened.

Apparently the prodomanant theory now is there were much less of them but they married into power or something 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Apparently the prodomanant theory now is there were much less of them but they married into power or something 

Yeah, it's a shame how much history was lost in those centuries. Who knows of all the interesting things that may have happened.

40 minutes ago, Spike said:

You also have an idea of 'bloodline purity' being the only pre-requisite to being native. That opens up a whole of lot of issues, I think 'Indigenous' and 'Native' is more nuanced and simply DNA sequencing. I'd say for the most part the average 'British ethnically' British person is native, just because a Norse marauder raped one of their ancestors doesn't mean that person isn't 'Indigenous'. Otherwise how could most if not all Aboriginal Australians, and Native Americans claim to be Indigenous of their particular lands? It's a very complex issue that gets into some dicey ethical territory.

For me personally if someone is born in a country they are native. Even if they aren't if they live in the country and pay taxes and and live there they deserve the rights of the people who were born in the country. I was just pointing to the complexity of being indigenous to point out how illogical right wing bullshit is 

On 04/10/2022 at 15:04, OrangeKhrush said:

it's bad when even Bill Maher can't even satirize it and just admits that she needs to go or they will lose.

identity politics is so engrained into democrat talking points, that policy has fallen to the wayside.   when being libertarian is considered far right.

All they do is look for political hit jobs to rule up the voter base in hope that they are stupid and can't see that the democrats are bad for america and I dare say the world.

interesting take, not like america doesn't like taking other people's resources.

a good deep take on the common left wing tropes used ie maga people or the political attack on people opposed to late stage abortion which was 87% of Americans and 78% support 12 weeks limits, that must be maga people.

and to close, Forbes had their woman summit and a keynote speaker is a man(trans woman) that has pretended to be a woman for all but 2 minutes making insufferable tick toks about how it feels to be woman by relying on misogynistic stereotypes of woman is just pure gold.

meanwhile in the UK you can be sorry and let off for raping kids.

Thats  not true. Children under age who had sex with another child underrage or shared inappropriate pictures ect were made to apologise. Children cant be prosecuted anyway for that. Rapists weren't. The papers that reported that are the sun and daily mail who are know for talking shite. Maybe if you checked your facts a bit better people might take you more seriously 

5 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Thats  not true. Children under age who had sex with another child underrage or shared inappropriate pictures ect were made to apologise. Children cant be prosecuted anyway for that. Rapists weren't. The papers that reported that are the sun and daily mail who are know for talking shite. Maybe if you checked your facts a bit better people might take you more seriously 

it's called statutory rape and a minor can go to juvenile detention until they reach majority then serve a suspended sentence.

14 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

it's called statutory rape and a minor can go to juvenile detention until they reach majority then serve a suspended sentence.

Not it England they cant if they are both under age. It's illegal for minors to have sex but they dont go to jail.

Edited by Gunnersaurus

5 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Not it England they cant if they are both under age 

the position in english criminal law is that the decision to prosecute is dependent on factors ie age difference, coercion, undue influence, public interest, propensity to misdemeanors.   in this case the accused has past misdemeanors.

the presumption of consent for minors which excludes minors from voluntary action is rebuttable in many criminal jurisdictions.   

25 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the position in english criminal law is that the decision to prosecute is dependent on factors ie age difference, coercion, undue influence, public interest, propensity to misdemeanors.   in this case the accused has past misdemeanors.

the presumption of consent for minors which excludes minors from voluntary action is rebuttable in many criminal jurisdictions.   

Somebody under 13 isn't able to consent. So even if you are 14 or 15 it would be illegal. And if you sexually assault someone you would be breaking the law obviously. However there is no evidence that these reports of serious criminals being let of are true. As I said it is from very dubious sources  

Edited by Gunnersaurus

the greatest trolling in history that broke the hard line establishment libs.   the fact that you don't have to be American to get her sarcasm just tells you all you need to know about the toxic society they have created.

the humiliation is strong on this, no walking it back and Boebart gets troll of the decade.   

• Subscriber

Jan 6 committee convened today. the biggest news at the end they all voted unanimously to subpoena the orange one. Will be interesting to see how this plays out. If he does agree im sure he will just plead the fifth like he did in NY shockingly after spending alot of his tenure mocking people pleading the fifth of course.  

• Subscriber
Just now, Spike said:

Just curious because you seem to have a very vested interest in the USA domestic policy.

Ah, yeah. Its been very interesting to follow for the last few years. Not only that but I do have a vested interest as usually this stuff starts to creep up across the borders and it definitely has in the last year or two. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Geopolitics iz 4 lozers 

Yeah but not understanding it is how you end up with dickheads that cry about immigration from Mexico and the countries south of Mexico, while simultaneously supporting policies that ultimately encourage the illegal drug trade that's ripped through those countries. And as a result, there are more and more people who want to leave those countries to come to the US.

I live about as far from Canada as you can on the west coast, so I don't feel Canadian issues impact me as much - although I probably should learn more about it... as the far right in Canada and the far right in the US has an unreal amount of spillover.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah but not understanding it is how you end up with dickheads that cry about immigration from Mexico and the countries south of Mexico, while simultaneously supporting policies that ultimately encourage the illegal drug trade that's ripped through those countries. And as a result, there are more and more people who want to leave those countries to come to the US.

I live about as far from Canada as you can on the west coast, so I don't feel Canadian issues impact me as much - although I probably should learn more about it... as the far right in Canada and the far right in the US has an unreal amount of spillover.

I'll tell you hwat boy the only three letters I need are U S and A *shotguns a bud lite*

I have been drinking

• Haha 1

Based, gone way to far is an understatement.  it is now transgressing into totalitarianism.  a cult that denies science be it biological, physical, religious or just rationality and asks for SS like policing to anyone that disagrees ie overwhelming majority.  democracy is dead replaced by autocracy