talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

Funny how quick Biden's own DOJ managed to launch an investigation into this after he turned himself in, compared to the case of many boxes in that Florida resort from the last president that were not turned in and needed the FBI to go get them xD - Merrick Garland probably hated when Obama nominated him to be on the Supreme Court and likely cheered when republicans decided not to give him a chance.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/01/2023 at 15:47, Viva la FCB said:

Doc's found in Pence's home as well. WTF even is this shit. I mean noone compares to the orange one but this is comical.

It just goes to show that the US can't really trust the executive branch with classified material, tbh. The Bush administration was accused of having classified information stored on private email servers with shit security. Hillary Clinton & the buttery males scandal was the same sort of thing. Now we're seeing Obama era documents pop up at Biden's house & Trump with the boxes of classified shit, Pence now having documents.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Spike said:

A trillion dollars well spent. Fuck poor people and the taxes they pay.

I learned the term 'Empty Battlefield' browsing through Ukraine war which means 70% of the time in modern warfare soldiers and equipment just sit idle hidding, but the logistics of it costs more than actual fighting. 

Bring back swords and cavalry charges !

• Subscriber
On 06/02/2023 at 23:17, Dr. Gonzo said:

It just goes to show that the US can't really trust the executive branch with classified material, tbh. The Bush administration was accused of having classified information stored on private email servers with shit security. Hillary Clinton & the buttery males scandal was the same sort of thing. Now we're seeing Obama era documents pop up at Biden's house & Trump with the boxes of classified shit, Pence now having documents.

A regular citizen has been data security than the government. Mind you, this is a country that specializes in data privacy for some of the biggest global corporations. What a farce. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/05/2023 at 01:05, 6666 said:

Another mass shooting in America.

It seems like every day, or every other day, there's another one. It's mental their government does absolutely fuck all about this mass shooting situation that seems to only be getting worse.

Texas's governor says "this is a mental health issue, not a gun issue" - nah mate, it's a gun issue. Every country's got mental health problems, not every country has 201 mass shootings in a year... that we've not even crossed the halfway point of. Even if it was just a "mental health issue"... surely it's also a gun issue as well, because if it were true it's just a mental health issue that does mean it's far too easy for anyone with a mental health issue to get their hands on a gun.

I felt very sad to learn that one of the victims who survived had just had his birthday... and lost his mum, dad, and younger brother... all at the age of 6. Just because of some neo-Nazi fuckhead that was riled up by a bunch of racist idiots on the internet, this kid now has lost his entire immediate family at an age where I'm not sure that trauma can ever be processed ordinarily.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

I don’t think that’s the problem. 

It's definitely a part of the problem. There are a lot of single issue voters and a strange number of them have "the second amendment" as the single issue they care about. I don't think these people are enough of a problem as say the NRA and gun manufacturers funneling money to politicians to turn a blind eye to almost daily mass shootings - but it's certainly a part of the problem. Even outside of single issue voters there's the "god, guns, and country" types too.

There's a shocking lack of apathy about gun violence in the US tbh. Compare Serbia's mass protests demanding gun regulation after 2 mass shootings in a week to what happens constantly in the US and the general "oh well, there's nothing we can do about it" attitude.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's definitely a part of the problem. There are a lot of single issue voters and a strange number of them have "the second amendment" as the single issue they care about. I don't think these people are enough of a problem as say the NRA and gun manufacturers funneling money to politicians to turn a blind eye to almost daily mass shootings - but it's certainly a part of the problem. Even outside of single issue voters there's the "god, guns, and country" types too.

There's a shocking lack of apathy about gun violence in the US tbh. Compare Serbia's mass protests demanding gun regulation after 2 mass shootings in a week to what happens constantly in the US and the general "oh well, there's nothing we can do about it" attitude.

People vote for what they are told to vote for. People think in this manner by design not by random chance, or 'choosing' to be Republican.

58 minutes ago, Spike said:

People vote for what they are told to vote for. People think in this manner by design not by random chance, or 'choosing' to be Republican.

Eh... I'm not so sure voters should get a pass just because they're easily tricked by people telling them to do things. 

20 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Eh... I'm not so sure voters should get a pass just because they're easily tricked by people telling them to do things. 

They aren’t tricked. They are moulded to behave in a certain manner because they are taught to.

• Subscriber

The latest scandal from the former pres; Rudy Giuliani is being sued by a former employee over a sexual abuse scandal. Well the latest to come out in this apparently the accuser is also alleging Giuliani and the Orange one had a scheme to sell pardons and she has tapes to back it up. Both of them would split the 2m schmucheroos apparently. 

I remember at the time the pardon stuff was passed off to Jared Kushner and bypassed the normal channels that handles the pardons. You better believe its just another grift baby. There where plenty of rumours at the time about him selling pardons on his way out and we'll wait and see what the tapes prove but I'd absolutely believe it xD

6 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

The latest scandal from the former pres; Rudy Giuliani is being sued by a former employee over a sexual abuse scandal. Well the latest to come out in this apparently the accuser is also alleging Giuliani and the Orange one had a scheme to sell pardons and she has tapes to back it up. Both of them would split the 2m schmucheroos apparently. 

I remember at the time the pardon stuff was passed off to Jared Kushner and bypassed the normal channels that handles the pardons. You better believe its just another grift baby. There where plenty of rumours at the time about him selling pardons on his way out and we'll wait and see what the tapes prove but I'd absolutely believe it xD

The actual legal complaint is wild, it features a screen grab from Borat 2 xD

Coincidentally as I’m on a work trip in North Carolina, the state has made moves to restrict abortion… making me hate Charlotte, North Carolina more than I already did by having to be in this absolute shithole.

• Upvote 1

On 23/05/2023 at 12:41, Spike said:

American literacy is at 79%.

Higher than I thought tbh.

I think Ron DeSantis's chances of getting the republican nomination are pretty low right now after his twitter disaster - he and Elon Musk end up looking like clowns ready to take on lots of public ridicule... whereas the democrats and the MAGA idiots are getting ample opportunity to shit on him constantly. I also think his political prospects are a lot lower than they would have been had he not pissed off one of the largest employers and biggest draws of tourism to Florida, so I think him deciding to go to war with Disney was... idiotic. But outside of Florida... it seems just, very easy to attack DeSantis on the Disney stuff. "If you can't handle Disney, how can you handle China?' Is something I imagine any decent journalist would want to ask at any press conference on the campaign trail. He doesn't really have an answer that works for a question like that - it'll just make him angry and he'll try to do the Trump thing where he attempts to bully a journalist... but it hasn't really worked for him on the national level acting like that.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Higher than I thought tbh.

I think Ron DeSantis's chances of getting the republican nomination are pretty low right now after his twitter disaster - he and Elon Musk end up looking like clowns ready to take on lots of public ridicule... whereas the democrats and the MAGA idiots are getting ample opportunity to shit on him constantly. I also think his political prospects are a lot lower than they would have been had he not pissed off one of the largest employers and biggest draws of tourism to Florida, so I think him deciding to go to war with Disney was... idiotic. But outside of Florida... it seems just, very easy to attack DeSantis on the Disney stuff. "If you can't handle Disney, how can you handle China?' Is something I imagine any decent journalist would want to ask at any press conference on the campaign trail. He doesn't really have an answer that works for a question like that - it'll just make him angry and he'll try to do the Trump thing where he attempts to bully a journalist... but it hasn't really worked for him on the national level acting like that.

China is easy to handle.

’would you like to work together in a trade partnership?’

’ok’

’sorry about the earlier threats, old sport’

21 minutes ago, Spike said:

China is easy to handle.

’would you like to work together in a trade partnership?’

’ok’

’sorry about the earlier threats, old sport’

I think it’s harder to go back to business as usual with China now that Xi has reverted them back to closer to their pre-90s government.

Things like their currency control - making RMB hard to bring out of the China, lack of IP control, and worries about what will happen if China decides to take the “one China” policy far enough to take Taiwan as their own (like companies that operated in Russia before Ukraine invaded) are all serious issues western business has with China. They’ll still use the cheap labour but expansion is less likely than it was 5-7 years ago.