talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

15 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

there are a couple rino's needing replacement, they are in the same back pockets as Nancy, Chuck, Joe at al.

I find the biggest racists are the pretentious, self righteous, sanctimonious types that scream racism while being racist in the process.   

one of the biggest racists ms Ocassio Cortez getting drop kicked by a Latino Republican in a new york district shows just how disconnected from reality the democrats are.  the fact they are running on abortion (83% of America disagrees) and transgender fantasy is why america needs more options or at least someone unwoke, sad times.

You’re a fucking stooge. Why are you so obsessed with superficial Fox News talking points? You’re not even a Seppo but you drink the outrage Kool-Aide about issues that don’t affect you, or even the majority of people living in the USA. You don’t give a fuck about the American experience and what people go through, stop pretending you do. Abortion, Trans-rights, Ocasio-Cortez, are distractions from the real issues. Economic uncertainty, inflation, poverty, corporate exploitation, income stagnation, they are on the brink of economic collapse but you are having a prolapse about one fucking representative from one state. The world inside your head doesn’t exist, you babble on about crypto-fascist talking points that idolise a specific Evangelical culture, that is ironically counter to the idealised philosophy of why the USA exists. You’re a freak in a cave watching shadows on the wall.

• Upvote 1

Election results are bad reading for Trump tbh, which is good. DeSantis having such a strong showing in Florida indicates to me that he's probably got the best chance out of every republican out there to get the presidential nomination. Honestly, I think that's pretty grim. He's got the fascist tendencies of Trump... but unlike Trump, he's not an absolute fucking moron and is actually quite competent. I think he could do some real damage if given power over the US's executive office.

But it's nice to see a "red wave" that was predicted by the corporate backed media didn't come to fruition, and in fact... is a pretty poor showing given how mid-term elections typically go very poorly for the sitting president. And I'm hoping the Trump loyalists and the Republicans that want to move on from the divisive moron by moving to DeSantis end up at each others throats and divide the party in the next couple of years. Republicans with unity are fairly good at consolidating power - to see them have a sort of split, like the democrats did with Sanders v. Clinton, would be something I've not seen in American politics today. But that didn't go well for democrats, so here's hoping the republicans follow in their footsteps and fuck themselves over.

• Upvote 2

On 27/10/2022 at 22:49, OrangeKhrush said:

there are a couple rino's needing replacement, they are in the same back pockets as Nancy, Chuck, Joe at al.

I find the biggest racists are the pretentious, self righteous, sanctimonious types that scream racism while being racist in the process.   

one of the biggest racists ms Ocassio Cortez getting drop kicked by a Latino Republican in a new york district shows just how disconnected from reality the democrats are.  the fact they are running on abortion (83% of America disagrees) and transgender fantasy is why america needs more options or at least someone unwoke, sad times.

Was curious and saw Ocasio Cortez won 70.2 % of the votes so far. Imagined getting drop kicked would embody to lose?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

He lives in another world altogether, let him fantasize. 

It isn’t a fantasy, it’s groupthink. Which is amusing when you think of the American obsession with the ‘exceptional individual’. 

• Subscriber

It is interesting. Typically midterms swing towards whoevers not in the white house. Couple still too close to call but most of the Orange one's endorsed candidates ended up losing. Even Fox is hedging bets and Kaleigh fuckfaceeneny even said the Orangutan should wait to make any 2024 running announcements based on these results. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Viva la FCB said:

It is interesting. Typically midterms swing towards whoevers not in the white house. Couple still too close to call but most of the Orange one's endorsed candidates ended up losing. Even Fox is hedging bets and Kaleigh fuckfaceeneny even said the Orangutan should wait to make any 2024 running announcements based on these results. 

I don't think it's really surprising that people prefer relative political stability, even in rough economic times, compared to daily scandals during the rough times. The constant state of absolute chaos in US politics was tough to take even during the stable times, but I think COVID under Trump really pushed more moderates away from his brand of "governance" & I also think the constant defense of the use of violence to promote political causes has turned a lot of moderates off from many of the Republican candidates that were floated. I don't think the recent attack on Pelosi, where her husband got beaten with a hammer, and the reaction from certain republican leaders... not just not condemning the attack, but making jokes and seeming to condone it... I don't think that really presented the best optics to a lot of voters.

It's funny because if Trump had just a bit of competence, I think things could have gone very differently for Republicans. All he really had to do was throw the weight of the US government into a strong and serious COVID response instead of waiting around, not really doing anything, and blaming people for taking a pandemic seriously. Clearly American voters reward action in the face of crisis. So constant states of political crisis in a time of crisis outside of politics... it shouldn't be surprising that people aren't so into that...

I think it's telling that these midterms went differently to how must US midterm elections went. Especially when you look at voter ages and how certain generations turned out to vote - it's more younger people than typically voting in a midterm election too. Republicans need to adapt if they want their policies to resonate with more voters. And it's something these 24/7 news channels need to come to grips with as their average viewer age is really high, mostly watched by people over 55 (Fox News' median voter age is 69!), and flipping between their 3 big news channels on election night was absolutely hilarious. They were stunned that their predictions were all bollocks and that they didn't really have a pulse on the voters of the country.

Which is a bit weird because they didn't really have a pulse on the voters of the country in 2016 either.

But I do think it's interesting that typically the biggest issue for voters is the economy. And that was definitely true of the US elections in 2022 as the world is facing energy costs having exploded & global inflation... and yet the party in the white house did not take an absolute battering in the election. But I think it's got to be because enough people who turned up were worried about what divisive morons who only push culture wars and tax cuts would do in these times where the world seems like a tinderbox and many people are feeling economic pressure.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

He isn't the worst. Last I checked he was very pro for social programs and worker's rights.

I have a hard time listening to celebrities talk about politics. If I wanted to hear him talk about something serious, maybe something he's got good experience in, like talking about the difficulties of overcoming drug addiction - or using comedy to give social commentary. I didn't even really know how political of a person he was until he started bitching about covid incessantly. 

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I have a hard time listening to celebrities talk about politics. If I wanted to hear him talk about something serious, maybe something he's got good experience in, like talking about the difficulties of overcoming drug addiction - or using comedy to give social commentary. I didn't even really know how political of a person he was until he started bitching about covid incessantly. 

As opposed to whom? Everyday people that parrot Fox News like OrangeKhrush? Or the millions of people that vote against their interests?

Just now, Spike said:

As opposed to whom? Everyday people that parrot Fox News like OrangeKhrush? Or the millions of people that vote against their interests?

Literally anyone else, tbh. Getting lectured about politics by a multimillionaire is always annoying as fuck.

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Literally anyone else, tbh. Getting lectured about politics by a multimillionaire is always annoying as fuck.

Getting lectured by anyone is annoying as fuck. I really don't care about the monetary value of a person as long as they pursue social equality and worker's rights. I have significantly more money that someone that is in absolute poverty but that doesn't discredit or change my desire for them to be pulled up out of poverty and to taken care of instead of forgotten and exploited.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Spike said:

Getting lectured by anyone is annoying as fuck. I really don't care about the monetary value of a person as long as they pursue social equality and worker's rights. I have significantly more money that someone that is in absolute poverty but that doesn't discredit or change my desire for them to be pulled up out of poverty and to taken care of instead of forgotten and exploited.

Yeah that's all well and good, but he's also gone around pushing weird conspiracy theories for the last few years. Just strikes me as another grifter using populism to resonate with people who won't look into things too hard.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah that's all well and good, but he's also gone around pushing weird conspiracy theories for the last few years. Just strikes me as another grifter using populism to resonate with people who won't look into things too hard.

I stopped talking about Brand ages ago 

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Probably have a better rate of reliability than the news on TV or the nonsense peddled in the papers.

Brand is actually quite entertaining and smart when analysing stories but he does like to go right up to the line of conspiracy theory at times. If MSNBC and Fox News are what Americans have to rely on for news, I can definitely see why a lot would reject that. 

12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Probably have a better rate of reliability than the news on TV or the nonsense peddled in the papers.

Brand is actually quite entertaining and smart when analysing stories but he does like to go right up to the line of conspiracy theory at times. If MSNBC and Fox News are what Americans have to rely on for news, I can definitely see why a lot would reject that. 

The thing is the big news networks are really mostly watched by older demographics. Younger people tend to get more of their news from social media (rightly or wrongly) and that often includes links to print media websites. And most Americans get their TV news from their local news stations - some of which are locally owned and operated, some of which are owned by national media firms.