talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

I like that his statements are so bizarre and out of this world that no one is wondering why he is wearing that thing over his head. xD

I think he watched the last superbowl with that bag on his head xD

On a completely unrelated note… I think my stance on Americans owning guns may have flipped entirely… due to what’s happening in Iran. There’s a fairly significant number of Americans in the religious right wing that are becoming increasingly vocally anti-democratic. In Iran there were people with guns pre-revolution and as rights were rolled back the citizens were disarmed… and I think they’d have an easier time getting their human rights back in 2022, and the ones many people actually wanted in 1979, if they weren’t the only ones with guns.

I guess the counterpoint is most gun owners in the US are nut jobs with anti democratic tendencies.

3 hours ago, Machado said:

This is the "hate the sin, love the sinner" stuff pushed on the church all the time.

Sounds insane when it's about Hitler but that's the basics of being a christian.

I never had that impression from Christianity

The laptop, Sam Bankman Greed and Twitter are three major escalations that need full investigation.   it paints the picture of state corruption and a constitutional crisis building.   

you don't have to be blue or red to agree that these are three issues that are the biggest threats right now that undermine the republic.

Kanye west is highly irrelevant and has been since that song with the funky glasses

On 05/12/2022 at 08:56, OrangeKhrush said:

The laptop, Sam Bankman Greed and Twitter are three major escalations that need full investigation.   it paints the picture of state corruption and a constitutional crisis building.   

you don't have to be blue or red to agree that these are three issues that are the biggest threats right now that undermine the republic.

Kanye west is highly irrelevant and has been since that song with the funky glasses

Do you live in the US? Asking, because I seem to remember you wouldn't and if that's the case it's a bit precipitate to declare, whether Republicans and Democrats may or may not agree on the urgency of an issue, in my opinion. Even, if you do, you can only speak for the small part of that massive country, you live in and that part of published opinion you consumed.

Edit: on a side note although you didn't mention it, personally I'd say a party having supported a former president, who's now demanding to be reinstalled against ther constitution having the majority in the HOR is a much bigger threat to undermine the constituional democracy, in my opinion., although I'm talking from outside the US.

Edited by Rucksackfranzose
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

A beautiful thing. Now I will state this is just his family organization, now 100% hes involved but this isnt about him..it will however help the NY state investigation that is against him. Word is there was proof that he ok'd all the fraud naturally but we'll see how the rest plays out. 17 counts of fraud fyi.

On 05/12/2022 at 18:56, OrangeKhrush said:

What does twitter have to do with anything? 

21 hours ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Do you live in the US? Asking, because I seem to remember you wouldn't and if that's the case it's a bit precipitate to declare, whether Republicans and Democrats may or may not agree on the urgency of an issue, in my opinion. Even, if you do, you can only speak for the small part of that massive country, you live in and that part of published opinion you consumed.

Edit: on a side note although you didn't mention it, personally I'd say a party having supported a former president, who's now demanding to be reinstalled against ther constitution having the majority in the HOR is a much bigger threat to undermine the constituional democracy, in my opinion., although I'm talking from outside the US.

what is happening in the US is systemic destruction of unity and culture which is being precipitated by the supposed leaders who use flashpoint for power this includes the using of social media and legacy media to turn their own people against each other.

If it can happen in America it can happen in any western  constitutional democracy.

my interest is in finding out whether Americans are interested in truth by very least looking into rather severe cases of corruption where the culprits are partisan.

the continued Trump derangement is baffling, what he said was poorly timed and he can be an idiot however it comes on the revelations of democrat leaders sanctioning suppression of information that may have swayed voters.  even if he wanted to he couldn't do it so it's just a self defense mechanism to deflect from serious issues of constitutional violations.  

in other news once labelled a messiah by Brian stelter and Chris Cuomo and the people on that dingy view show, now shamed Michael avenatti sentenced to 14 years.   he was a liberal hero because he was stormy danials attorney against Trump, he lost the case and stole her money along with his clients money.   CNN called him the future president, again showing how far CNN has fallen.

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

the documents released from former Twitter Gestapo shows internal communications where FBI agents as sanction by democrats manipulated the world's largest social media platform to actively censor potentially damaging information.

elon fired another Twitter attorney who was ironically part of the FBI and the faux Russiagate scandal which was disproved on shear weighted incompetence and a tool to circumvent a legitimately elected President.   

5 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

the documents released from former Twitter Gestapo shows internal communications where FBI agents as sanction by democrats manipulated the world's largest social media platform to actively censor potentially damaging information.

elon fired another Twitter attorney who was ironically part of the FBI and the faux Russiagate scandal which was disproved on shear weighted incompetence and a tool to circumvent a legitimately elected President.   

Twitter deciding not to put weight behind a story that was already public is censorship? It was a fucking news article you dolt? Also, Musks takeover has proved there were no 'shadowbannings' of right wing influencers and that there was actually a right wing bias behind twitters algo because they were the big moneymaker tweets. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Twitter deciding not to put weight behind a story that was already public is censorship? It was a fucking news article you dolt? Also, Musks takeover has proved there were no 'shadowbannings' of right wing influencers and that there was actually a right wing bias behind twitters algo because they were the big moneymaker tweets. 

it's not weight it was government influencing what can and cannot be released.  in this case it was the hunter Biden laptop which since has been authenticated as legitimate and not "Russian".   in short it was political censorship because the information on the laptop is likely damaging.   

Twitter are not arbiters of truth, that vests in the judiciary.   Twitter long before this has entertained all types of stories even those like Russiagate that were also fake.   it's political narrative and violations of the constitution the most serious irrespective of whether you are blue or red or in between.

Just now, OrangeKhrush said:

it's not weight it was government influencing what can and cannot be released.  in this case it was the hunter Biden laptop which since has been authenticated as legitimate and not "Russian".   in short it was political censorship because the information on the laptop is likely damaging.   

Twitter are not arbiters of truth, that vests in the judiciary.   Twitter long before this has entertained all types of stories even those like Russiagate that were also fake.   it's political narrative and violations of the constitution the most serious irrespective of whether you are blue or red or in between.

There is 0 proof of government intervention. 0. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's literally what Fox news has been doing for a couple of decades at least. The stories they run that hurt their side are either ignored or reported through a lens of discrediting and/or justifying. 

It was wrong and an example of overreach, but it was a lesser one than was practiced during covid (and that's the one I wish we were talking about, but it doesn't have the same blowback on democrats so surprise surprise it's not the talking point).

The fact there are people still living in their basements to scared to go outside, riddled with anxiety about getting covid is damning and a massive indictment on the media and on the bad faith anxiety merchants like Eric Ding that have spewed poison which has had major impacts.

3 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

what is happening in the US is systemic destruction of unity and culture which is being precipitated by the supposed leaders who use flashpoint for power this includes the using of social media and legacy media to turn their own people against each other.

If it can happen in America it can happen in any western  constitutional democracy.

my interest is in finding out whether Americans are interested in truth by very least looking into rather severe cases of corruption where the culprits are partisan.

the continued Trump derangement is baffling, what he said was poorly timed and he can be an idiot however it comes on the revelations of democrat leaders sanctioning suppression of information that may have swayed voters.  even if he wanted to he couldn't do it so it's just a self defense mechanism to deflect from serious issues of constitutional violations.  

in other news once labelled a messiah by Brian stelter and Chris Cuomo and the people on that dingy view show, now shamed Michael avenatti sentenced to 14 years.   he was a liberal hero because he was stormy danials attorney against Trump, he lost the case and stole her money along with his clients money.   CNN called him the future president, again showing how far CNN has fallen.

That's no answer to my question. Where in the US you're from or which oo are you an outsider like me?

Edited by Rucksackfranzose

23 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I like how he says "Sam Bankman-Fried" needs to be investigated. He is being investigated xD

I assume he's saying it because the guy was a big Biden donor. And that's true - he was a big Biden donor. But the part conservatives don't like to talk to was... he was also making fairly large campaign contributions to republican politicians as well. So like many other corrupt billionaires in America... he's funding both sides because that's literally how corruption works and they've got legalised corruption in the form of campaign contributions. It's a big deal... but it's not actually illegal. And the guy did actual illegal things that are probably a bigger issue.

Because I doubt he cares all that much that the guy was committing fraud - which is obviously wrong... and what he's getting investigated for.  And until they close the loopholes that allow for bribing politicians legally in the US, that's really all he can be investigated for (and even if they did close those loopholes, I think he'd get away with it because he'd done it before those loopholes were closed).

But at the end of the day... I don't think the investigation into the FTX improperly handling money of "investors" (which let's be honest... they're not investors, if you're into crypto you're a speculator because everything about cryptos is speculative... even their ultimate usefulness) is a pressing issue for the United States at this moment. One... it's literally already happening... so that makes it a bit of a non-issue as to whether his crimes are being investigated. They are.

And imo it's not even the biggest fraud issue in the US. The PPP (paycheck protection program) loans that were issued post-COVID have been a source of serious fraud using taxpayer money. This remains uninvestigated and unpunished. I think theft of taxpayer money is probably more of a pressing matter to most people...

Twitter's not a big issue either. First off, the idea of "free speech" under American law has fuck all to do with private companies. And guess what... Twitter is a private company. And they're not even a journalistic or news media company, nor do they claim to be. That they "hid" certain stories is no more egregious than Facebook promoting certain right-wing bullshit. It's not ethical, but it's not illegal. And they're social media companies... so being surprised by the lack of ethics is a bit weird - they're not ethical at their core. That Elon Musk is trying to make it a massive issue in support of one political party isn't a surprise either - he's found something that the selective outrage crowd that makes up the US right-wing will be furious about, thrown the words "free speech" around to work them up, and is trying to rally his supporters into backing politicians that will... keep his taxes low and are unlikely to impose any sort of regulations on his businesses.

To me, the only issue with Twitter is Twitter's now been ruined by a rich idiot that wanted it as his plaything... on the grand scale of political issues it's about as unimportant as things get tbh. All social media being used for political messaging is problematic - same with all regular news media, tbh. Yes, they should be regulated more by governments (all around the world tbh)...

... but is that as pressing as the mounting economic issues the west faces? Fuck no it's not - and there's so many issues there that need to be addressed? Is it as important as the increase in one political party having a split between those that hold western democratic values & the anti-democratic members of the party pushing extremism and authoritarian views into the mainstream? Absolutely not. Is it as important as the work these extremists have put in to roll back and continuously attack other Americans human rights? No, of course it's not.

Overwhelmingly polls (and recent US elections) show that most voters view the biggest issues in America as economic issues. That shouldn't surprise anybody - the economy affects everybody.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Kimmels first half of his monologue was pure gold, just shredding this for what it is. Its quite possibly his biggest and best grift yet. I should add apparently it sold out real fast xD

Anyone interested he starts talking about it at about the 1 min mark:

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1