talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Odd.

Agreed. 

My state, Georgia, is certainly a battleground it appears. The votes will really start to take shape around 8pm EST tonight, and usually Georgia counts the rural votes first (which will lean heavily towards Trump), and it'll finish with Atlanta which should be massively Biden, so it'll be interesting to watch it all unfold. 

The goal is to reach 270 Electoral Votes, and so far, Biden is likely to be at 203, whereas Trump is 125 (based on history and voting patterns). I'm going to go on a limb and predict what I think each state will vote. 

The list of battleground states is below, with the number of electoral votes beside it. BLUE are Biden, and RED are TRUMP

Texas - 38
Florida - 29
Pennsylvania - 20
Ohio - 18
Michigan - 16
Georgia - 16
North Carolina - 15
Arizona - 11
Wisconsin - 10
Minnesota - 10
Colorado - 9
Iowa - 6
Nevada - 6

Which would mean Joe Biden wins with 285, compared to Trump's 253. I have a feeling that Georgia and Florida will be blue tonight, and would literally be overjoyed if Georgia is in fact, Blue....but it'll be an interesting night for sure. 

Just now, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Ah ok. Roughly late evening/early morning for us then. 

A couple of my mates have actually booked tomorrow off work to see the results come in. 

A lot of businesses are closed today for Election Day. 

It just happens to be my daughter's 3rd birthday so the Wife and I will pick up her favorite food, and then come home to play/watch the results. 

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

When do the results usually start to come in anyway? 

I read earlier that some states don't declare for a week or two after polling closes so they can count the mail-in ballots. Whether they are swing states I don't know.

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

I read earlier that some states don't declare for a week or two after polling closes so they can count the mail-in ballots. Whether they are swing states I don't know.

I don't think that's the case, but these mail in ballots aren't usually common, but this year they are massive. I would be shocked if ballots were counted until weeks after the election. 

Here in GA they said that they will have it all counted today and reported, although if could be past midnight here locally before a winner for the State can be declared. 

56 minutes ago, Eco said:

Agreed. 

My state, Georgia, is certainly a battleground it appears. The votes will really start to take shape around 8pm EST tonight, and usually Georgia counts the rural votes first (which will lean heavily towards Trump), and it'll finish with Atlanta which should be massively Biden, so it'll be interesting to watch it all unfold. 

The goal is to reach 270 Electoral Votes, and so far, Biden is likely to be at 203, whereas Trump is 125 (based on history and voting patterns). I'm going to go on a limb and predict what I think each state will vote. 

The list of battleground states is below, with the number of electoral votes beside it. BLUE are Biden, and RED are TRUMP

Texas - 38
Florida - 29
Pennsylvania - 20
Ohio - 18
Michigan - 16
Georgia - 16
North Carolina - 15
Arizona - 11
Wisconsin - 10
Minnesota - 10
Colorado - 9
Iowa - 6
Nevada - 6

Which would mean Joe Biden wins with 285, compared to Trump's 253. I have a feeling that Georgia and Florida will be blue tonight, and would literally be overjoyed if Georgia is in fact, Blue....but it'll be an interesting night for sure. 

Fingers crossed for you mate. It had been nice to see Georgia looking competitive but it would be so huge for future elections if it actually turned blue tonight

Just now, Harry said:

Fingers crossed for you mate. It had been nice to see Georgia looking competitive but it would be so huge for future elections if it actually turned blue tonight

Funny enough, we used to be a very Blue state, but that changed in the 70's I believe. 

Metro-Atlanta has become so massive, that it's only a matter of time before this state is Liberal. And our Senate elections look like both will be won by a Democrat (Lucy McBeth and Jon Ossof), so signs are pointing up for us. 

But yes, if we are Blue tonight, I might be getting a wee bit drunk. 

26 minutes ago, Eco said:

I don't think that's the case, but these mail in ballots aren't usually common, but this year they are massive. I would be shocked if ballots were counted until weeks after the election. 

Here in GA they said that they will have it all counted today and reported, although if could be past midnight here locally before a winner for the State can be declared. 

What concerns me is the election Day count will likely be more Republican, and if they count that first and post that as progress numbers it will present as that trump is dominating in that state.... Knowing he wants to declare victory as early as possible that is a concern.

12 minutes ago, Eco said:

Funny enough, we used to be a very Blue state, but that changed in the 70's I believe. 

Metro-Atlanta has become so massive, that it's only a matter of time before this state is Liberal. And our Senate elections look like both will be won by a Democrat (Lucy McBeth and Jon Ossof), so signs are pointing up for us. 

But yes, if we are Blue tonight, I might be getting a wee bit drunk. 

I really really hope Ossof and McBeth win their races. Ossof seems like a gun and those races will likely determine who has control of the senate.

Yeah most of the South was blue but turned red after LBJ legislated African Americans the right to vote... Hence his famous quote "I fear we've lost the South for a generation".

1 hour ago, Eco said:

It depends on the state, I think. Some states count the mailed in votes earlier than election day, some count them on election day, some count them after.

Technically the deadline for having all votes counted and certified is in December (when the electoral college electors are meant to vote) - and sometimes a presumptive winner is declared in counties where they've got lots of ballots to count but it looks like a candidate has gotten over the threshhold of votes needed to be declared a winner.

Cailfornia (usually) is just under 50% mail in ballots - the entire time I've known my wife, she's received a ballot in the mail and typically fills it out and mails it back that week... or takes it to our local library which has a ballot drop off. But this year, every registered voter in California received their ballot in the mail - people can still vote in person. I'm not sure when exactly California finishes counting mailed in ballots - I remember two years ago on local news a local measure was very close and the actual result on the measure wasn't announced for a few weeks after the election day.

Unfortunately, I think Pennsylvania is a battleground state where they count in the mailed in votes & early in person votes AFTER they count the votes from today.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yeah this is making me anxious. DO NOT want to go through a repeat of 2016.

Need Florida to go for Joe otherwise might just switch off for a few hours

I don’t think the Biden campaign was expecting to win Florida & I wouldn’t expect them to go for Biden either. I’m surprised it’s this close, Florida fucking loves Trump.

I think it’s going to come down to if Biden can win Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio. Although if he flips Texas, that’s massive.

But again, I doubt Texas stays projected blue...

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don’t think the Biden campaign was expecting to win Florida & I wouldn’t expect them to go for Biden either. I’m surprised it’s this close, Florida fucking loves Trump.

I think it’s going to come down to if Biden can win Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio. Although if he flips Texas, that’s massive.

But again, I doubt Texas stays projected blue...

The problem is the Pennsylvania count goes on for weeks...

I was really hoping the states which do the count early would offer Biden a path to victory.

I've been worried about election fraud also... Democrats have gone on the record so many times this election saying it's not an issue. If some Republican group engaged in a large fraud operation they would have basically a library of quotes from democrats saying they respect the results

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Yeah this is making me anxious. DO NOT want to go through a repeat of 2016.

Need Florida to go for Joe otherwise might just switch off for a few hours

Why? Trump can win Florida and still likely lose the election. 

Biden is currently ahead in Ohio and Penn, and if that remains the same, it's over for Trump

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"