talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

American Politics Discussion

football forum

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Having made their way in, they now seem like they don't know where to go.

Faces clear to see.

Virtually every single one of of them is going to be labeled a terrorist after this and receive prison time. All for the sake of backing Trump. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Personal commentary but i find him quite good, followed him for a few years. 

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm watching ABC News live on YouTube which is pretty decent so far, if it's available where you are.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Live/ - idk if this is geo-locked or not (but just VPN your way to unlock it).

Cheers folks, and yeah, geo-blocking is not an issue.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Faces clear to see.

Virtually every single one of of them is going to be labeled a terrorist after this and receive prison time. All for the sake of backing Trump. 

You'd like to think so. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You'd like to think so. 

Yeah I wouldn't hold my breath expecting the right thing to happen.

I'd like to hope so... this is probably the most obvious line that's been crossed so far. But we've seen a large chunk of America embrace lawlessness and abandoning old "American values" for support of "their team" because... for some reason... that's how so many people have decided to view politics in democracy in this age of the internet.

Will enough people condemn people on "their team" after they've done the inexcusable? I doubt it.

It's been funny switching to Fox news and seeing their distraught horror and chaotic reporting. They seem a bit stunned, I guess reaping what they've sown.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Everything Trump and his staff has done has led to this very moment. 

The speeches, the God-awful tweets, the lack of orders, the incitement, the hatred, the incapability of accepting defeat, the encouragement to these 'protestors' (read: terrorists), the anger, the corruption, the confrontation, the lies, the publicity stunts. Everything over the past 4 years. It's built up all this rage and contempt in his supporters and everyone knew this day would come. 

It's actually a very sad sight to see that in 2021 it can't just be a smooth transition of power, all because of that orange dickhead. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Everything Trump and his staff has done has led to this very moment. 

The speeches, the God-awful tweets, the lack of orders, the incitement, the hatred, the incapability of accepting defeat, the encouragement to these 'protestors' (read: terrorists), the anger, the corruption, the confrontation, the lies, the publicity stunts. Everything over the past 4 years. It's built up all this rage and contempt in his supporters and everyone knew this day would come. 

It's actually a very sad sight to see that in 2021 it can't just be a smooth transition of power, all because of that orange dickhead. 

Stan, I appreciate your views but you can’t forget American history. Trump is not some random man planted, he is very much in line with American history. 

When will people realise this is a result of American culture and not some random mad man.

• Subscriber
Just now, Viva la FCB said:

The rumour going around is that Trump blocked the DC national guard... if this is true he absolutely has to be removed today. 

Now he has deployed the National Guard which I am surprised but relieved by.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Virginia are sending 200 troops to Washington. 

National guard was refused to be deployed by defence department. 

DC National guard has just been activated.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Stan, I appreciate your views but you can’t forget American history. Trump is not some random man planted, he is very much in line with American history. 

When will people realise this is a result of American culture and not some random mad man.

I agree with you that Trump isn’t the root of the problem. He’s a symptom of a larger disease of the American right wing.

• Administrator
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

I know - but this is something he has provided a catalyst for. He's helped enabled this behaviour that we see today. 

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

The rumour going around is that Trump blocked the DC national guard... if this is true he absolutely has to be removed today. 

Rumored to be false. SWAT, VA Police, and National Guard have been deployed. 

• Upvote 1

• The title was changed to Texas Directive on School Books "If you have holocaust books, you must also have anti-holocaust books"