talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020/21 Champions League Group Stage Draw

football forum

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Your group isn't too far off. Should easily qualify from that (along with Atalanta).

Group B looks the toughest?

Atalanta & Ajax are just a bit harder to get through than Porto & Olympiacos. 

On the upside, I’m delighted that Man Utd got a difficult group for the first time in their history. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
2 minutes ago, Rick said:

Atalanta & Ajax are just a bit harder to get through than Porto & Olympiacos. 

On the upside, I’m delighted that Man Utd got a difficult group for the first time in their history. 

Ajax aren't what they used to be a couple of seasons ago.

With your squad, you should breeze the group. Atalanta will give you the toughest test for how they like to attack teams. Having said that, there'll be gaps for you to exploit no doubt. Like when they played PSG last season. 

Group A looks pretty straightforward. 

Group B looks like a toss up. 

Group C is a joke. 

Group D has 3 teams that are all really good. 

Group E looks very simple

Group F looks decent. 

Group G look easy to predict. 

Group H could be tasty

6 minutes ago, Eco said:

Group E looks very simple

For who??? xD

In any other season prior to this I would agree, at least on paper but when you can leak 3 goals to West Brom and go out of the Cup to a Spurs B side then no it's not that simple at all... At least in the group stages we get 2 goes at it, who knows maybe this is where the players will raise their games... I still think we would be better off coming 3rd and going into the Europa League myself..  

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

For who??? xD

In any other season prior to this I would agree, at least on paper but when you can leak 3 goals to West Brom and go out of the Cup to a Spurs B side then no it's not that simple at all... At least in the group stages we get 2 goes at it, who knows maybe this is where the players will raise their games... I still think we would be better off coming 3rd and going into the Europa League myself..  

I still think that's a good group for you. Especially since you're not as strong as you normally are - it's a fairly weak group, I'd expect Chelsea to get through.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

For who??? xD

Sevilla and Chelsea. 

Krasnodar aren't very good and have lost a few of their players, and Rennes don't have nearly the talent that Chelsea have. 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

For who??? xD

Ew don't want you lot in there with us thanks :ph34r:

In all honesty, and not to do Rennes/Krasnodar a disservice, it's a group you should qualify from in the same way Liverpool/Man City qualify from theirs. Although I think I said that last season when you had Ajax/Valencia/Lille in your group and that went right down to the wire if I remember correctly!

• Subscriber

Ended up with a decent group and I think there will be challenges but we'll come out of it. The one that looks the best of all to me is Group B followed very closely C or A. 

NVM I think A will be more challenging than C.

9 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Ended up with a decent group and I think there will be challenges but we'll come out of it. The one that looks the best of all to me is Group B followed very closely C or A. 

NVM I think A will be more challenging than C.

It's a decent group and we should get through - but Ajax and Atalanta are some pretty serious sides and those matches shouldn't be taken lightly. Having said that, we were in a bit of a similar situation with that group with PSG and Napoli. I'm not sure who's the better side out of Ajax or Atalanta, I'd guess Atalanta... but Ajax in the CL can't ever be looked over imo.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Rick said:

City’s group 😂😂 Fuck off. 

Again.

They for a while used to get very hard draws but it seems like in every competition nowadays they get the biggest doss draws they could get, with that exception of Real Madrid last year.

• Subscriber
41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's a decent group and we should get through - but Ajax and Atalanta are some pretty serious sides and those matches shouldn't be taken lightly. Having said that, we were in a bit of a similar situation with that group with PSG and Napoli. I'm not sure who's the better side out of Ajax or Atalanta, I'd guess Atalanta... but Ajax in the CL can't ever be looked over imo.

I dont think this team is going to take anything lightly anymore. Last year's ejection from Atletico must have taught Klopp something which hopefully doesn't happen this year again. It's the CL so anything is possible really and we've seen some entertaining results when it comes to the final round of the group stages over the years so I am hoping we avoid that situation. 

On 01/10/2020 at 18:31, Stan said:

Group A
Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid
RB Salzburg
Lokomotiv Moscow

Group B
Real Madrid
Shakhtar Donetsk
Inter Milan
Borussia Monchengladbach

Group C