The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 4-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 3rd October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think hes taken your advice today haha.

When you are 2 or 3 nil up it's not so bad but when we were 2-0 down against you lot I didn't really want to see a full ballet recital taking place before shooting when we just needed to get back in the game.. xD

Today has been a good day... 4 goals and a clean sheet

Defence was fairly comfortable for the 90 but for the first 45 so was Palace's... Chilwell had a good game and we finally got some rewards for all our possession in the second half.. Abraham with a moment where he wanted to take the penalty and was not happy he didn't get the chance but if you have a designated penalty taker in the side then stick with the plan.. 

Improvement. 

The most comfortable performance I've seen from us since Everton last season. Although, Palace did well to sit back for the majority of the game. Even before this game, I thought our defensive structure has improved. Today showed a disciplined and experienced backline accompanied by a midfield that knew their roles. Chilwell was a breath of fresh air. Hopefully Lampard sticks with that same back line and midfield pairing for the foreseeable future. Pulisic and Ziyech back will definitely improve our attack. Hopefully it means Werner goes back to ST and we can finally see what this team is made of. 

First sign of form, the International Break comes. Fantastic. Not only do we have to hope for no injuries, we have to hope no one catches Covid-19. Ridiculous. 

Havertz :x

Let's ignore that there was no contact for the first penalty...

First half wasn't too bad. We had a plan and contained Chelsea well. There front three looked absolutely poor, and I wouldn't say they were any better in the second half.

Our issue was when we went one down through Sakho being an absolute donkey we had no game plan. Roy Hodgson bringing on two defensive midfielders to protect a 2-0 defeat and end up losing 4-0 was the most Roy Hodgson thing I have ever seen. West Brom pushed this team and were rewarded with three goals. We bring on a defensive midfielders. It must be so demoralising for our players. Chelsea are not good. Chilwell and Zouma i thought were very good but as a team they are very exploitable. Fortunately for them they met Roy in Classic Roy mode.

@Dan gave a pretty brutal but fair assessment on us last season saying that finishing with an old squad, no attacking impetus and being knocked out the cups by lower league opposition was as bad as a season you could have. The same thing is happening again. Roy Hodgson said that Benrahma wouldn't offer anything new and had the cheek to mention Meyer as an option. The audacity.

We will finish 14th, we won't sign anyone else, we will be safe by April, we will finish on the decline, and Roy will sign a new contract. Should I be grateful that were not losing to Plymouth or Doncaster any more or should u have a right to demand a bit more excitement? Its a big two weeks ahead for us.

5 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Oh and Joe Cole saying Mendy had an excellent game. Jesus Christ. Kepa moved more than him when he opened a packet of crisps.

People like him completely buff the myth you have to play at the top level to talk about the game.

I would happily get rid of all ex footballers as pundits, not only are they often idiots but they're arrogant with it. Just rehash the same old crap every time.

Just get the lads from the Totally Football Show o pundit every game.

The Chilwell signing seems to have worked out nicely for them after a lot of questions marks, most of which seemed unjust anyway. It's interesting to see this Chelsea team when Lampard isn't shoehorning Mount into the side.

4 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Joe Cole on Jorginho's run up, 'he kids the keeper every single time'...only two  weeks ago he had one saved. Yet another inane and brainless pundit.

Missed two in his entire career.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 4-0 Crystal Palace - Saturday 3rd October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
19 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Havertz looked good, still a way to go to get close to Wilian's level though...

If Kai is as good as this at his age and experience, just imagine what he will be like with Willian's time behind him.  My young guy on my Pic is being kept on the bench by idiot Woy and yesterday your defence had it easy as there was zilch, as usual, from Palace midfield.  The two guys spent time together whilst Max was captain of the German side which went to the Olympic Final and Kai took over later as the same role which he deserved.  He could well be your future captain as his effort and Tireless game brings out the best in those around him.  I had contact with his 'idol' during the week who is also impressed with his start at the bridge and Kai watched Mesut when he was younger and a lot of his play is very similar to Mesut's time with Diego at Bremen - little subtle touches that completely baffle defences.  Just enjoy every minute watching the young guy!

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

So not every single time then, and given one was two weeks ago I don't think the cretin should get a free pass. We deserve better punditry, or maybe we don't.

People have a naturally hyperbolic way of speaking, rarely do I take what they say at face value without taking that into context

Archived