• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 4-2 Brighton - Saturday 3rd October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Brighton have looked decent against Chelsea and Man Utd. Hopefully not so strong on the road. I do fancy us to get the 3 points here. Our front three are on fire and I don't think we'll give away too much at the back.

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Brighton have looked decent against Chelsea and Man Utd. Hopefully not so strong on the road. I do fancy us to get the 3 points here. Our front three are on fire and I don't think we'll give away too much at the back.

Allan could be a big miss? Richarlison facing a late test too apparently

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Allan could be a big miss? Richarlison facing a late test too apparently

Yeah I wouldn't risk Allan, I think it was a groin strain. We'll be alright though, should get away with Delph, Doucoure, Gomes. Richarlison looked like an impact injury so he'll probably be fine but if not then Gordon, Bernard and Iwobi have all impressed in Carabao Cup fixtures enough that we should be able to put them in on the left and not worry about them.

Even over the past few seasons of being average at best we've generally managed to dispatch fixtures like this so I don't think losing a couple of players will kill us.

19 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I wouldn't risk Allan, I think it was a groin strain. We'll be alright though, should get away with Delph, Doucoure, Gomes. Richarlison looked like an impact injury so he'll probably be fine but if not then Gordon, Bernard and Iwobi have all impressed in Carabao Cup fixtures enough that we should be able to put them in on the left and not worry about them.

Even over the past few seasons of being average at best we've generally managed to dispatch fixtures like this so I don't think losing a couple of players will kill us.

Gomes is out too I think

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Gomes is out too I think

I hadn't heard anything, understand that he was rested on Wednesday. If not then we just put Sigurdsson in who has also looked decent when he's played this season.

11 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I hadn't heard anything, understand that he was rested on Wednesday. If not then we just put Sigurdsson in who has also looked decent when he's played this season.

Downside of having Paul Joyce Twitter notifications for breaking LFC news is I also get some Everton tooxD

• Subscriber

Back to Pickford though, where does it end? I think most at Everton still remember his first 18 months or so where he was very good, but since that howler at Anfield which was about 18 months ago he hasn't been consistent and he just gave Brighton a goal having not had a save to make all game.

Lossl is our second goalkeeper, hasn't played a minute for us in the Premier League. I know he came in under Silva not Ancelotti, but if he's not even good enough to give a run of games to when Pickford has been struggling like he has, what was the point?

It's not about Lossl being a better goalkeeper than Pickford or being one that we can rely on to get us into the top six, it's about breaking the cycle for Pickford by giving him a few weeks out of the team to try and get his shit together. Giving him the vote of confidence and letting himself play his way back into form has been tried, it was a valid strategy but we've given it long enough and it hasn't worked. It's time to try something else. If Lossl isn't even good enough to babysit the goal for half a dozen games then surely you can find another goalkeeper who is.

• The title was changed to Everton 4-2 Brighton - Saturday 3rd October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived