talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 4-2 Brighton - Saturday 3rd October, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber

Some very good performances out there again anyway. Good time for the international break though for us, it was all very makeshift at the end. Now got Coleman, Kenny, Holgate, Gomes, Gbamin, Allan, Richarlison and Kean all in the treatment room to various extents.

Shame that the title deciding derby has to be played in an empty Goodison.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton have got to be thinking along the lines of whether Pickford could cost them a European place now, or even a Cup. Teams aiming for the top are ruthless with their goalkeepers, Man City, Liverpool and now possibly Chelsea, all got rid and improved between the sticks which led to trophies for the former and we'll see with Chelsea. They are getting away with it at the moment because they're playing so well but it won't always be that way.

It's not like this is just a bad patch, it's been going on for 18 months as Rando says. He could come out of the team and then improve but they need another keeper he could clearly be number 1 for good.

Very early days I know but Everton are starting to smell like that Leicester team from a few seasons ago.

You keep thinking they will drop the ball or shoot themselves in the foot but they don't and not only that, they are sweeping teams away too. If they can get to say 10 games having only lost once, they could really be a serious dark horse for Champions League. Bizarre.

When Richarlison went off, I did think this could turn now, especially when Brighton equalised but it's made no odds, they have still come out on top. That's a great sign of a team full of confidence.

When you're winning game after game, there is just a switch inside players that makes them believe more. The fact they have had a few wins in the League Cup has really aided this run too.

Calvert Lewin for example, can do no wrong, he's looking nothing like the player during the post covid end to the season, whilst Rodriguez is looking reborn.

It's all very un-Everton like but fair play to them.

• Subscriber

Liverpool and Man City are out of reach over 38 games. After that it's anyone's game. Leicester had 3rd place sewn up last season and only missed out on Champions League on the last day. There's no reason why we can't aim to put ourselves in the same picture this season. Several other teams within and outside the traditional top six can and should be thinking the same.

• Administrator

Calvert-Lewin is on absolute fire isn't he?

Ancelotti has made sure the service he receives is class and regular. And in that, Rodriguez has been a perfect signing for them. 

I'm surprised @RandoEFC hasn't mentioned how both will get a season-ending injury and determine it's 'Everton, that' yet!

A flying start to the season for Everton. Would be good if we could continue to match up each other and give Liverpool some adequate, season-long competition.

The derby on 17th could be a huge game. I just looked at when Everton last beat Liverpool. 17th October 2010.

The derby this season? 17th October...

• The title was changed to Everton 4-2 Brighton - Saturday 3rd October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC what's your opinion on Ancelotti? I dont think you were to keen at first but he seems to be doing a good job 

So far, so good. Feels like it has some longevity unlike the Martinez and Silva bounces we had. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

So far, so good. Feels like it has some longevity unlike the Martinez and Silva bounces we had. Only time will tell.

I haven't actually seen much of you. I'm guessing the football isn't as attractive as you would like? Would you prefer to improve and get further up the league or play attractive football but not so high up? 

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I haven't actually seen much of you. I'm guessing the football isn't as attractive as you would like? Would you prefer to improve and get further up the league or play attractive football but not so high up? 

Have you watched a single game Everton have played this season? They've been very easy on the eye going forward, arguably far more so than Arsenal.

21 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Where did you get that impression from his post? xD

• Subscriber

Last season with the 442 was shite before and during Ancelotti's time because all of our wide players are geared towards playing inside forward except for Walcott who is shite. Now we play more of a 433 we're much more solid in midfield, the full backs provide width and James Rodriguez waltzes around taking the piss out of the opposition.

7 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Have you watched a single game Everton have played this season? They've been very easy on the eye going forward, arguably far more so than Arsenal.

I dont see what arsenal have to do with anything other than you trying to get a reaction.

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Everton have been one of the best teams to watch so far @Gunnersauraus

6 hours ago, Stan said:

Everton have been one of the best teams to watch so far @Gunnersauraus

I haven't seen them. I was just assuming they weren't playing attractive football because Ancelotti is defensive. It's even better though if they are playing good football 

7 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Where did you get that impression from his post? xD

What part? Like I said I was assuming Everton were playing defensively I haven't actually seen them this season. I haven't really had time to see much football to be honest 

15 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont see what arsenal have to do with anything other than you trying to get a reaction.

You're an Arsenal fan, so I assume are familiar with your own style of play? You've made a comment about an Everton side you clearly know nothing about, I think it's fair to compare it to that of your own side.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You're an Arsenal fan, so I assume are familiar with your own style of play? You've made a comment about an Everton side you clearly know nothing about, I think it's fair to compare it to that of your own side.

Arsenal had nothing to do with it. I said in the post I assumed they weren't playing attractive football. Something which I admitted I was wrong on as soon as I was told differently. You're just trying to start an argument

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Even a cursory glance at our results would tell you otherwise though. 12 in 4 in the league, 24 in 7 in all competitions.

Mate I work 13 hours  a day I haven't looked at any stats.

Are you still in the league cup? I really think you should try to win that. I think you have said before you would really like to win it 

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Mate I work 13 hours  a day I haven't looked at any stats.

Are you still in the league cup? I really think you should try to win that. I think you have said before you would really like to win it 

That's fair enough but I find it odd that you'd posit an assumption about how we've been playing if you're not even aware of the scorelines in our games.

Yeah we have Man Utd at home in the quarter finals.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

That's fair enough but I find it odd that you'd posit an assumption about how we've been playing if you're not even aware of the scorelines in our games.

Yeah we have Man Utd at home in the quarter finals.

I was assuming ancelotti was playing defensive because he generally does. Its nothing against Everton I like them. I was just going on the information I had. 

Archived