talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Man City - Saturday 3rd October, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 17.30

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png     VS      1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Leeds - 41
Draws - 17
Man City - 44

Last Meeting
17/02/2013 - Man City 4-0 Leeds

Last Fixture
22/03/2004 - Leeds 2-1 Man City

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
29 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its been over 15 years since these two played each other. Love to hear what the predictors say here. I am going with a Leeds win. 

In the league, yes :) 

This could be anything. My heart says we'll scare them and possibly nab a score draw. My head says we will get the backlash from last week and they will hammer us.

We're going to play the only way we know how. Whether that is incredibly naive or not, we'll see what happens. I suspect it's the latter but then again, we're not coached to stick men behind the ball and make it difficult.

City are one of the worst sides we could leave spaces for and surely after last week there is no way they will be as off it as last week. I really feel the likes of Mahrez, KDB and Sterling will exploit that and be lethal tomorrow.

On top of that, Jack Harrison can't play as part of his loan agreement so we'll miss the threat he brings.

I think we'll score, but I sense a 1-3 or 1-4 on the cards for them.

• Subscriber

City are already looking a lot sharper than they did last week. I think once Leeds settle into the game a little bit they'll start to threaten the City backline a lot more but at the moment, albeit it's only been 5 or so minutes, but City look the more likely to get something.

I get that part of the reason they signed Mahrez is that he's unpredictable and will improvise, but they really just don't seems to have any fluidity today when he's involved. 

It's like they just give him the ball, and then he's always going to go for goal even if he's 40 yards out and has to beat 2 men. 

13 minutes ago, Danny said:

Rodri just doesn’t suit this team, the top clunky and slow

I think he works fine if the opposition are shitting themselves and they give you control of the game, but against teams like Leeds who basically go out to make the game chaos he seems exposed. 

And it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy because the more gets caught out, the bolder City's opponents become, and then he looks even more vulnerable. 

He looked quite good at the start of last season when City had a kind of aura of invincibility and he was just jogging about pinging the ball left and right. 

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-1 Man City - Saturday 3rd October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived