talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-1 Man City - Saturday 3rd October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus. That was like watching a Rocky film. Just an all out slugfest of a match, enjoyable to watch.

I'm really chuffed with that. To have more possession than them and more passes shows how competitive we can be.

Bar the first 20mins which looked like it would be a landslide, and the final 10mins where they really stepped it up, we matched them.

Once we stopped paying them respect and just played our game, our fear just evaporated and we grew in confidence and belief.

For most that 2nd half, I thought we were bloody brilliant. Rhe two subs helped massively. Poveda ruined Mendy and Rodrigo was so bright.

We just went for it and Neville hit the nail on the head when he said it was like a game in the school playground, end to end.

Yeah ok, that was a soft goal Ederson let in but to his credit, what a save he made from Rodrigo' header. Ederson in a nutshell that.

All in all, I think we deserved the point and to have come away with 7pts from the first 4 having played the two best teams in the league is very satisfying. We go again in two weeks.

11 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Jesus. That was like watching a Rocky film. Just an all out slugfest of a match, enjoyable to watch.

I'm really chuffed with that. To have more possession than them and more passes shows how competitive we can be.

Bar the first 20mins which looked like it would be a landslide, and the final 10mins where they really stepped it up, we matched them.

Once we stopped paying them respect and just played our game, our fear just evaporated and we grew in confidence and belief.

For most that 2nd half, I thought we were bloody brilliant. Rhe two subs helped massively. Poveda ruined Mendy and Rodrigo was so bright.

We just went for it and Neville hit the nail on the head when he said it was like a game in the school playground, end to end.

Yeah ok, that was a soft goal Ederson let in but to his credit, what a save he made from Rodrigo' header. Ederson in a nutshell that.

All in all, I think we deserved the point and to have come away with 7pts from the first 4 having played the two best teams in the league is very satisfying. We go again in two weeks.

Its great having Leeds back in the top flight, even better seeing them do well. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

That Mendy is crap isn't he? Leeds should have equalised there but Ederson did well to be fair to him

Never rated him in this Man City side. He just doesn't...fit?

Whenever I've seen him, he always looks like there's a mistake in him. A bit of recklessness which just disrupts Man City's fluidity. And his crossing is just absolutely terrible.

• The title was changed to Leeds 1-1 Man City - Saturday 3rd October, 2020
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Whenever I've seen him, he always looks like there's a mistake in him. A bit of recklessness which just disrupts Man City's fluidity. And his crossing is just absolutely terrible.

The irony of Mendy being subbed off after being given the runaround by a young kid we plucked out of Man City's academy last year.

Couldn't write it.

4 hours ago, Stan said:

The odd thing is when he first started at Man City, for the first 7 or 8 games he looked the best thing on two legs.  Then he got injured and he's never been the same since.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived