• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Newcastle 3-1 Burnley - Saturday 3rd October, 2020

Recommended Posts

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

image.png      VS      Burnley_FC_badge.png

Head to Head Record
Newcastle - 42
Draws - 21
Burnley - 43

Last Meeting
29/02/2020 - Newcastle 0-0 Burnley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Callum Wilson could get Newcastle to mid-table (or better?). 

Newcastle seem to have some depth about them now which is perhaps what they were lacking in previous seasons, especially going forward in attacking positions. Must be pretty pleased with the start you've made... @Steve Bruce Almighty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s interesting. All I heard yesterday was how crap Pickford was yesterday. I heard very little about Pope playing like he’d had ten pints on the Bigg Market before their game. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pope had an absolute mare yesterday to be fair. But it's a total rarity for him now.

How many times is this now that Pickford has dropped a howler? Can't have too many lives left to be displaced regularly as England keeper. Henderson at Man Utd must be licking his lips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pope had an absolute mare yesterday to be fair. But it's a total rarity for him now.

How many times is this now that Pickford has dropped a howler? Can't have too many lives left to be displaced regularly as England keeper. Henderson at Man Utd must be licking his lips.

Henderson’s getting nowhere near while he’s on bibs and cones duty at United. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Henderson’s getting nowhere near while he’s on bibs and cones duty at United. 

Oh I know, just that other keepers not performing well (and one of them making mistakes fairly regularly) must open the door slightly for him, even if he's not playing himself.

For me the order at the moment is:

Pope
Henderson
Pickford

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southgate's made it pretty clear he won't drop Pickford unless he actually lets England down which he hasn't yet.

If Pope was England number one you'd be hearing about his mistakes yesterday non-stop. It does get exaggerated when it's Pickford though because Liverpool and Newcastle both have a significant demographic on social media of banter king LAD Bible virgins who still think that photoshop of Pickford with short arms is as hilarious every time they get the change to post it (currently every 10 days to 2 weeks).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Southgate's made it pretty clear he won't drop Pickford unless he actually lets England down which he hasn't yet.

If Pope was England number one you'd be hearing about his mistakes yesterday non-stop. It does get exaggerated when it's Pickford though because Liverpool and Newcastle both have a significant demographic on social media of banter king LAD Bible virgins who still think that photoshop of Pickford with short arms is as hilarious every time they get the change to post it (currently every 10 days to 2 weeks).

You know what could happen to stop those Pickford posts though?

Pickford to stop making mistakes. 

 

(The demographic of those fans being absolute virgins is probably not wrong, though!). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stan said:

You know what could happen to stop those Pickford posts though?

Pickford to stop making mistakes. 

 

(The demographic of those fans being absolute virgins is probably not wrong, though!). 

I'm not denying that and Everton fans are his harshest critics nowadays. All I'm saying is that the embarrassment of his poor goalkeeping is only matched by the embarrassment of the extent to which almost the entire Newcastle fanbase especially froth at the mouth in their haste to get the short arms pictures on Twitter to take the piss out of a player who used to play for their League One rivals 4 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2020 at 08:09, Stan said:

Callum Wilson could get Newcastle to mid-table (or better?). 

Newcastle seem to have some depth about them now which is perhaps what they were lacking in previous seasons, especially going forward in attacking positions. Must be pretty pleased with the start you've made... @Steve Bruce Almighty

The start might look good on paper but beneath the surface all early indications are that this is going to be an infuriating season due to managerial short comings. Likely never able to kick on.

It's looking like a Pardew year where locally fans are regularly upset at tactics (or lack of), direction (or lack of), philosophy (or lack of) and performances (shithousing or getting dicked every now and then), with a manager who winds fans up further with the shite he comes out with. All whilst nationally the view is going to be confusion as to why fans are upset when we aren't in a relegation battle.

Hopefully things change in the coming month and we somehow end up a decent outfit. Not impossible, but I find the club to be a headache right now, that headache being led by the sort of crap Bruce comes out with. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

The start might look good on paper but beneath the surface all early indications are that this is going to be an infuriating season due to managerial short comings. Likely never able to kick on.

It's looking like a Pardew year where locally fans are regularly upset at tactics (or lack of), direction (or lack of), philosophy (or lack of) and performances (shithousing or getting dicked every now and then), with a manager who winds fans up further with the shite he comes out with. All whilst nationally the view is going to be confusion as to why fans are upset when we aren't in a relegation battle.

Hopefully things change in the coming month and we somehow end up a decent outfit. Not impossible, but I find the club to be a headache right now, that headache being led by the sort of crap Bruce comes out with. 

 

Not being in a relegation battle is underrated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not being in a relegation battle is underrated 

If you're a suit.

If you're a fan then lived experience is either progress and observable direction or stagnation and regression. There's not much of a middle grey area in a sport that is dependent on emotion as its reason for existence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement