talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Klopp v Arteta

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who would you rather have Klopp or Arteta??? Who do we think is the better Manager?? 

Kindergarten Klopp who has spent the best part of a Billion pounds on his defence or Arteta who has basically cobbled together a team from an Arts and Crafts box he found in his dads shed... 

I know which one I would rather have... 

Just now, Bluewolf said:

Who would you rather have Klopp or Arteta??? Who do we think is the better Manager?? 

Kindergarten Klopp who has spent the best part of a Billion pounds on his defence or Arteta who basically has cobbled together a team from an Arts and Crafts box he found in his dads shed... 

One has Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac, the other has Mo Salah and Virgil van Dyke. Hmmm.

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Kindergarten Klopp who has spent the best part of a Billion pounds on his defence or Arteta who has basically cobbled together a team from an Arts and Crafts box he found in his dads shed... 

LOL

15 minutes ago, Spike said:

One has Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac, the other has Mo Salah and Virgil van Dyke. Hmmm.

I sense hesitation there mate... maybe you are struggling to decide?? I will remind you that Klopp has spent nearly a Trillion pounds making his defence watertight and Arteta just borrowed a few quid from a mate then picked a team almost blindfolded and overcame that... The game before that he picked his team with one arm tied behind his back?? I did hear that the league game was picked lucky dip fashion down the pub but obviously that's from an unofficial source... For me Tactically Arteta hangs Klopp out to dry... I don't know why you can't see the huge gulf in class... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

I sense hesitation there mate... maybe you are struggling to decide?? I will remind you that Klopp has spent nearly a Trillion pounds making his defence watertight and Arteta just borrowed a few quid from a mate then picked a team almost blindfolded and overcome that... The game before that he picked his team with one arm tied behind his back?? I did hear that the league game was picked lucky dip fashion down the pub but obviously that's from an unofficial source... For me Tactically Arteta hangs Klopp out to dry... I don't know why you can't see the huge gulf in class... 

LOL

3 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

We shall revisit when you lose on penalty shootout in the league to Arsenal later on. First time in EPL history. 

Could happen if Arsenal continue to dominate them like they are doing, end of the season they are both on equal points, goals for/against for the title and a penalty shoot out decides the winner?? mind you, if they are going to go by previous wins to decide it would be Arsenal by a country mile.. 

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Could happen if Arsenal continue to dominate them like they are doing, end of the season they are both on equal points, goals for/against for the title and a penalty shoot out decides the winner?? mind you, if they are going to go by previous wins to decide it would be Arsenal by a country mile.. 

Can you imagine they have to arrange a neutral ground just for a penalty shootout, and that's the time they'll allow fans back in after all season without any xD 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arteta seems to be closer to George Graham than Guardiola, every time I've seen Arsenal play recently they set up very defensively. Nothing wrong with that, in fact probably shows a shrewdness and realism that a lot of managers don't have.

Arteta's first job as a manager has come in a scenario that Guardiola has never had to face, in most big games he has the inferior set of players. I expect that if he makes it to managing the best team in a league he will set up very much like Guardiola but he's demonstrating a real tactical pragmatism for the time being, something that I suspect Guardiola wouldn't do, though we've never seen in the position to have to make that decision. You also can't really say that Wenger was willing to make that compromise when Arsenal started to slip from being the best or second best team every season, and I never really could figure out what Emery was trying to achieve tactically at all. Perhaps he is influenced by his extended spell at Everton where Moyes was his manager and Phil Neville was club captain :ph34r: but I'd say that sort of pragmatism is more of a benefit than a drawback for a manager to be honest.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Arteta's first job as a manager has come in a scenario that Guardiola has never had to face, in most big games he has the inferior set of players. I expect that if he makes it to managing the best team in a league he will set up very much like Guardiola but he's demonstrating a real tactical pragmatism for the time being, something that I suspect Guardiola wouldn't do, though we've never seen in the position to have to make that decision. You also can't really say that Wenger was willing to make that compromise when Arsenal started to slip from being the best or second best team every season, and I never really could figure out what Emery was trying to achieve tactically at all. Perhaps he is influenced by his extended spell at Everton where Moyes was his manager and Phil Neville was club captain :ph34r: but I'd say that sort of pragmatism is more of a benefit than a drawback for a manager to be honest.

There's certainly some promise there, remains to be seen whether he can get Arsenal fighting for the biggest trophies though. They were absolutely mauled by all accounts on Monday, which is probably the best indicator as to where they are in relation to Liverpool than any of the other games.

I think the Ancelotti/Arteta thing is looking like working reasonably well for both sides so far. I remember people questioning why it wasn't the other way round, but Ancelotti has brought a certain aura to Everton whilst Arteta has stabilised and steadied a rocky ship at Arsenal.

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Arteta seems to be closer to George Graham than Guardiola, every time I've seen Arsenal play recently they set up very defensively. Nothing wrong with that, in fact probably shows a shrewdness and realism that a lot of managers don't have.

He’s a more palatable Simeone

Archived