West Ham - 52

Last Meeting
22/01/2020 - Leicester 4-1 West Ham

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

With Praet out is Maddison likely to start? Asking merely for fantasy football purposes. :D

Praet has been training and was recently selected for the Belgium squad, so doubt his injury was even that bad anyway.

Maddison probably likely to start though as he's built his match fitness up recently with sub appearances in the league and starting against you guys in the EFL Cup.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Praet has been training and was recently selected for the Belgium squad, so doubt his injury was even that bad anyway.

Maddison probably likely to start though as he's built his match fitness up recently with sub appearances in the league and starting against you guys in the EFL Cup.

Hmm thanks Stan, probably roll the dice with him. 

• Administrator

I think we'll line up like so:

Kasper

Castagne - Evans - Soyuncu - Justin

Mendy

Maddison - Tielemans

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

Under is in the squad but will probably just be on the bench. I don't expect him to start but do expect him to play some part. 

Tielemans has shone so far this season without Maddison next to him so will be interesting to see, if the above team starts, how his form carries on with Maddison back in the side. He's seemed to have found much more space and dominance when he's the most creative player in the middle. Saw at times last season Tielemans own worst enemy was his own team-mate.

• Subscriber

I don't see the point in dropping Praet for Maddison. We're playing better with the Praet Tielemans midfield at the minute.

I'm pretty optimistic for this. They had a brilliant win last week, but we had one even better. It won't be a rollover but I think we'll get the win. 3-1 to us.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't see the point in dropping Praet for Maddison. We're playing better with the Praet Tielemans midfield at the minute.

I'm pretty optimistic for this. They had a brilliant win last week, but we had one even better. It won't be a rollover but I think we'll get the win. 3-1 to us.

Only based on his injury last week. I'm happy with either. 

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Very tenacious and clever from Antonio though.

Yep. No one tracked the run after his quick free kick. Poor from us. 

• Administrator

We've gone back to how we were playing at the end of last season.

Really missing Praet and Maddison in the middle to create something. Perez not doing it but to be fair to West Ham, they've closed out all the spaces necessary which we were successful with before. Justin, Castagne, Barnes, Tielemans, Perez, Vardy all given no space at all.

It's a standard away performance against a confident home team. Sit back, and hit on the break. West Ham have done it perfectly to be fair.

We just look so slow and sluggish. Need changes now as we can't keep doing this for another 15-20 when changes would usually be made.

• Subscriber

We've been garbage. It's absolutely typical for us to do this after last week. I wouldn't have gone with a back 3 although I appreciate our options were very limited in midfield if both Praet & Maddison were out.

West Ham totally worth their lead.

Perez is just not good enough. Nobody will convince me he is.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 0-2 West Ham - Sunday 4th October, 2020
  • Administrator

3-0. Expected. Could see it coming when we're going forward, creating nothing, getting caught on the break. 

Totally deserved win for them. They've played it perfectly. 

• Subscriber

Thrashed. Like I always say. We're the team of the extremes. This is every bit as abject as last week was good.

West Ham have been excellent in fairness although we've made it incredibly easy. This is exactly how you nullify us. Park the bus and we're hopeless.

• Administrator

Best part of the game from us and it doesn't even count (Vardy was offside).

Didn't deserve anything from that and we just need to get rid of today's performance, learn from it and not let it happen again in 2 weeks.

• Subscriber

Absolutely horrific from start to finish. One of the worst 90 minutes I've seen from us in the Premier League. Not a single player comes out of that with any credit.

West Ham absolutely perfect in their execution.

• The title was changed to Leicester City 0-3 West Ham - Sunday 4th October, 2020
  • Administrator

West Ham in the league beating Wolves 4-0 and us 3-0 in the space of a week.

I think I laughed at their fixture list when it came out but there's not a chance anyone predicted a 7-0 aggregate win pre-season when they saw those fixtures xD. 2020 eh!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

West Ham in the league beating Wolves 4-0 and us 3-0 in the space of a week.

I think I laughed at their fixture list when it came out but there's not a chance anyone predicted a 7-0 aggregate win pre-season when they saw those fixtures xD. 2020 eh!

Or that we'd come out of that double header with scored 5, conceded 5, won 1, lost 1 and those two results xD

• Subscriber

I think that was a good example of the injuries catching up with us. No Praet or Maddison is a big problem and I don't really see how we compensate for that. Can't defend getting thrashed like that though. Two shots at home to West Ham is something most Championship sides would be ashamed by.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived