Kick-off 14.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports Main Event

1200px-Arsenal_FC.svg.png      VS     220px-Sheffield_United_FC_logo.svg.png

Head to Head Record
Arsenal - 49
Draws - 28
Sheff Utd - 40

Last Meeting
28/06/2020 - Sheff Utd 1-2 Arsenal (FA Cup)

Last Fixture
18/01/2020 - Arsenal 1-1 Sheff Utd

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Arsenal 2-1 Sheff Utd - Sunday 4th October, 2020

Much better 2nd half once we switched to 4-2-3-1, no idea why Arteta keeps persisting with 3 at the back against lesser teams it doesn't work. Obviously very effective against superior squads but we just seriously lack creativity against teams we should be beating. Glad for Pepe he needs a run now, I'd like to see more of that front four we had out in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Much better 2nd half once we switched to 4-2-3-1, no idea why Arteta keeps persisting with 3 at the back against lesser teams it doesn't work. Obviously very effective against superior squads but we just seriously lack creativity against teams we should be beating. Glad for Pepe he needs a run now, I'd like to see more of that front four we had out in the second half. 

Thought you looked really good second half, retained possession really well and never looked troubled, their goal was out of nothing. If you can beat most of the lesser sides and get a few points off the better ones you should get CL. Best I’ve seen Arsenal for a while.

• The topic was unpinned

We’ve abandoned the attacking wing plays, nobody is bombing on anymore, no overloads.. just a back 5 devoid of the character we had last season. Ramsdale is error prone and the defence are more cagey now Henderson has gone to sit on ‘Man-Yoo’s’ bench.

It’s going to the wire this season for us, was getting used to coming into these games with unwavering confidence of a result like Leeds this season. Now we’ve shifted back to a championship outfit, at least 2 sides are worse than us but it’s then banking on Burnley finally folding.

Bad performance but a good win. Sometimes you need to be able to play bad and win. I think that is why arteta was so happy at the end because he knew it was a bad performance.

Wilder seems to be feeling the pressure a bit. He was right we should have been down to ten but that is football. Most wont agree with me on this but if you dont go down sometimes you don't get the decision.  You have to be more streetwise I think. If teams around you will go down to get the decision you have to or you wont get the decisions. I dont think its cheating myself. I'm sure managers work on allowing for referee mistakes in training 

Archived