• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man Utd 1-6 Tottenham - Sunday 4th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

A player like Cavani can get big money anywhere he goes, surely watching this puts doubt in his mind? Same goes for Telles, hes hardly going to be one of Utd's absolute top earners, why the fuck come into this shit show? Wait till january and get a nice move.

Cavani's brother has been whoring him around Europe all summer looking for someone to match their demands. Think Man United were the only ones to agree which, really, should be setting off alarm bells for them.

People say that United don't need to spend money, but they do. They have a hideously bloated squad with most players needing to be sold and replaced, maybe not even for 'better' players but at least like-minded players that fit within a tactical and philosophical ideal. Not only that but they need a manager that can coach the bad habits out of their young players, Shaw and Wan-Bissaka shouldn't be going into harsh slide tackles like they do.

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Cavani's brother has been whoring him around Europe all summer looking for someone to match their demands. Think Man United were the only ones to agree which, really, should be setting off alarm bells for them.

It's a bit of a Catch 22 at the moment because they don't have the squad, the recent success, or the manager to attract top players. And I don't think they have the scouting/identification/recruitment capability to build a strong squad from lower profile players

All they can attract top players with at the moment is money, and if you keep throwing that around, you're at significant risk of building a squad of mercenaries with the wrong attitude

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

People say that United don't need to spend money, but they do. They have a hideously bloated squad with most players needing to be sold and replaced, maybe not even for 'better' players but at least like-minded players that fit within a tactical and philosophical ideal. Not only that but they need a manager that can coach the bad habits out of their young players, Shaw and Wan-Bissaka shouldn't be going into harsh slide tackles like they do.

They do need to because they’ve bought shite. I think people get annoyed with this constant bleating as if they are paupers who are starved of investment. Now I know where the money comes from and the issues of debt are important here but let’s just judge it on money spent. They have spent an absolute bomb, so it sticks in the craw hearing the constant whinging. Plenty of clubs would die for that kind of spending.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just me that finds this weird? It's another PL club they're praising? Bit cringe? 

The handshake thing is because Man City went there and won 6-1 too. Man Utd are their rivals, clubs like having some banter on social media these days, nothing wrong with it for me...

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The handshake thing is because Man City went there and won 6-1 too. Man Utd are their rivals, clubs like having some banter on social media these days, nothing wrong with it for me...

Yes I get why they did it, just find it cringe. Sorry. 

Telles makes sense, shouldnt have took this long for him to come in. If youre Utd, you get yourself on the phone to Burnley and get Tarkowski. He's a level headed player who knows how to defend being at Burnley. He's the best Utd can get this late one. Might not be the ideal signing at the back for them but they've made their own bed leaving it late. He's certainly a fucking ton better than either Lindelof or Bailly.

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just me that finds this weird? It's another PL club they're praising? Bit cringe? 

That is pretty pathetic given what happened last weekend.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived