170px-Aston_Villa.svg.png     VS     155.png

Head to Head Record
Aston Villa - 58
Draws - 40
Liverpool - 96

Last Meeting
05/07/2020 - Liverpool 2-0 Aston Villa

Last Fixture
17/12/2019 - Aston Villa 5-0 Liverpool (EFL Cup)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Would half our squad be in precautionary quarantine awaiting tests after the mane diagnosis?

Can't help but think there'll be others affected too.

I'd have thought so but with the amount of testing done, perhaps the other players are coming back negative so can carry on for now. 

I'm not exactly sure on the rulings or what happens to clubs/matches if several players/staff test positive in short amount of time. 

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Would half our squad be in precautionary quarantine awaiting tests after the mane diagnosis?

Can't help but think there'll be others affected too.

They’ll have all been tested. As long as it’s negative then no need for quarantine.

Jota was really lively when he came on the other night, I suspect he gets his first start today. 

46 minutes ago, Rick said:

They’ll have all been tested. As long as it’s negative then no need for quarantine.

Jota was really lively when he came on the other night, I suspect he gets his first start today. 

Not sure about that logic mate. Being a close contact of a confirmed case normally means entering a 14 day quarantine period until you have reached the end of the maximum incubation period. Testing provides a level of confidence but results can change in half a day. 

As we're seeing at the White house at the moment daily testing of everyone has not been enough to stop trump getting it and has resulted in a major outbreak of around 30 staff in the space of two days.

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Not sure about that logic mate. Being a close contact of a confirmed case normally means entering a 14 day quarantine period until you have reached the end of the maximum incubation period. Testing provides a level of confidence but results can change in half a day. 

As we're seeing at the White house at the moment daily testing of everyone has not been enough to stop trump getting it and has resulted in a major outbreak of around 30 staff in the space of two days.

I’m only going off how things are being done in football. Plenty of players have tested positive but the squad has remained in tact. 

34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Is that confirmed? I saw the rumours this morning

Pearce tweeted it, so as good as confirmed until the teamsheet comes out

Alisson ended up playing last week, but I stand by what I said that we should have a better backup than Adrian if this becomes a regular occurence. It's happening a lot for a goalkeeper

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Allison is our injured again. Wtf is going on with him? How is he so injury prone?

Last week he had to take a covid test with Thiago - I wonder if it’s the same again this week. We know Thiago tested positive... and then Mane did. We might have an outbreak tbh.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

Absolute mare for my Fantasy league if so. Alisson, Mane  Thiago all out xD 

Shocker.

Thiago is a weird pick for FPL no?

And Alisson does seem to get a lot of short term injuries for a goalkeeper.

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Thiago is a weird pick for FPL no?

And Alisson does seem to get a lot of short term injuries for a goalkeeper.

Not really considering how cheap he is and he'll be playing in a team that wins a lot and plays attacking football. Bound to be involved in some goals I'd have thought.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I know Adrian "won" that shootout for them in the Super Cup but since then he's been as shite as Mignolet and Karius if not worse.

You’re not wrong. It’s what I’d expect from a backup tbh, but the drop off from Alisson is pretty huge

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool - Sunday 4th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived