talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool - Sunday 4th October, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber

It's mental seeing three deflections like that in one game but it's also Liverpool's fault for not pressuring the shot (apart from McGinn's one). In the build up to that last one I think it was Jones or Minamino just got bitch-slapped off the ball, the defence let Grealish do what he wanted and got punished.

The talk will be about Liverpool here but Aston Villa have been absolutely superb. With players like Mings, Grealish and McGinn they should have been far clear of some of the other dross that circled the bowl last season. This summer's recruitment looks spot on as well. I give Barkley a lot of shite but with a fresh start at Aston Villa maybe things can finally click for him. He's linked up really nicely with Grealish tonight.

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

If Klopp wasn't happy conceding after the Leeds game his little head will pop with fury at this display... 

He lost it in the first half and probably went in screaming I dread to think what kind of practices he'll have in the next few days.

• Administrator

So confused with this season. Man Utd and Man City in the bottom half, both with negative GDs, Villa & Everton top 2, 143 goals scored already in 4 game-weeks. Insane.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Cheers John.

No worries. just FYI:

In sport, a goal may refer to either an instance of scoring, or to the physical structure or area where an attacking team must send the ball or puck in order to score points. The structure of a goal varies from sport to sport, and one is placed at or near each end of the playing field for each team to defend. For many sports, each goal structure usually consists of two vertical posts, called goal posts, supporting a horizontal crossbar. A goal line marked on the playing surface between the goal posts demarcates the goal area. Thus, the objective is to send the ball or puck between the goal posts, under or over the crossbar (depending on the sport), and across the goal line. Other sports may have other types of structures or areas where the ball or puck must pass through, such as the basketball hoop.

In several sports, sending the ball or puck into the opponent's goal structure or area is the sole method of scoring, and thus the final score is expressed in the total number of goals scored by each team. In other sports, a goal may be one of several scoring methods, and thus may be worth a different set number of points than the others.

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool - Sunday 4th October, 2020

I’m laughing at this point. It’s all I can do to get through this last 15 minutes. What can you say? I can’t say I’ve been more ashamed of a performance, seriously. Worst I’ve ever seen us in my life. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived