Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool - Sunday 4th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

1953 Arsenal I believe.... @CaaC (John) had just joined the army

Our son was taking the piss out of me with the United result, he is in his room and I just yelled out to him "7-2 now son and your pool have 11 men playing and not 10" he yelled back FUCK OFF you old fart xD

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Our son was taking the piss out of me with the United result, he is in his room and I just yelled out to him "7-2 now son and your pool have 11 men playing and not 10" he yelled back FUCK OFF you old fart xD

They are such bad losers those Pool lot... xD

Just now, Rick said:

I mean you cannot look at that and tell me we don’t need to do business tomorrow. Centre back is a must, and clearly a better back up GK. 

You can have Maguire. We'll pay you.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That was pretty abysmal and I think should have Klopp & staff questioning our high line. Especially without our keeper.

Adrian played mate but I do see your point :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

That was pretty abysmal and I think should have Klopp & staff questioning our high line. Especially without our keeper.

I'd be surprised if we ever see that being played again. When he went over to Lindjers and started talking to him you can see them both look so puzzled and lost as if the Chelsea and Leeds games weren't indication that when this tactic goes wrong it goes horribly wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Rick said:

I mean you cannot look at that and tell me we don’t need to do business tomorrow. Centre back is a must, and clearly a better back up GK. 

Come on mate, surely you know by now that Liverpool don't panic like that off one performance. 

There will be some massive reaction to this and understandably so but Klopp will keep a level head about it. It’s unprecedented in modern times but you can explain how it’s happened. I don’t see Liverpool doing any more business tomorrow so they’ll have knuckle down. 

I thought Keita would do it but I think that’s maybe his last chance gone. Thiago will give you more control too. Give that Irish lad a chance in goal, Adrian looks abysmal.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Come on mate, surely you know by now that Liverpool don't panic like that off one performance. 

It’s not panic though, said about a CB for a while. The bad games from Gomez are coming more frequently. Fabinho and that high line is suicide against teams that play like Villa did tonight. More teams are going to exploit it, especially after this one. 

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alisson bails out (that's not really the right term because it's part of the game plan, but we'll go with it) the high line so many times. Adrian just wasn't doing that tonight. I'm obviously not pinning all of this on him, because that's insane and so many players had stinkers, but Alisson stops at least 3 of those goals directly and we probably don't get in a position to concede a couple more in the first place. He really is so important to this team and while we obviously can't get another one as backup, we need to do better than Adrian. Someone who can do the sweeper keeper thing. This "what do you expect from a backup" attitude just isn't good enough if Alisson can't get over the injury issues (the medical staff will have a view on that). At that point, it's a player who's playing ~10 meaningful games a season for us and you wouldn't accept that level of drop off from any other position

• The topic was unpinned

Archived