talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Aston Villa 7-2 Liverpool - Sunday 4th October, 2020

football forum

Just now, LFCMike said:

You cannot prove he won't though. Klopp is pretty good at improving players. Gomez has had a few bad games recently but prior to that he was great and to most he was definitely the choice alongside VanDijk. He's had a few bad games but his previous form shows there's plenty to work with. Young players go through bad patches

But that isn’t the point I’m making. He could be great, he may not: it has to be taken at face value; Liverpool are in a  prime position to win right now and is Gomez good enough for the defending champions starting 38 games?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m not even saying we need to bring in a centre back and fuck Gomez. I’m on about bringing in numbers, there are definitely centre backs that can be brought in who can do a good job for us. 

It's funny, I regularly get scores like this using shit teams against Liverpool on fifa, on the hardest difficulty because every player in every position bum rushes the ball carrier leading to gaping holes that any idiot can exploit using the Y button judiciously. 

Never thought I'd see it in actual fact hahahaha

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

It's funny, I regularly get scores like this using shit teams against Liverpool on fifa, on the hardest difficulty because every player in every position bum rushes the ball carrier leading to gaping holes that any idiot can exploit using the Y button judiciously. 

Never thought I'd see it in actual fact hahahaha

Leeds did it as well, against a stronger team. Liverpool can be got at, and the myth surrounding van Dijk is dissipating 

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

But that isn’t the point I’m making. He could be great, he may not: it has to be taken at face value; Liverpool are in a  prime position to win right now and is Gomez good enough for the defending champions starting 38 games?

Yes hes proven over a two year period he's good enough. As said above, the system relies on Allison. Klopp will have to adapt that if Alisson is out for longer. A lot of Liverpool's problems come from the goalkeeper if Alisson is out. 

Nothing against Liverpool but for the sake of the Premier League this season, it needed this to happen to stop it being another procession.

As mad as these first few weeks have been, I'm sure time we get to November and teams are fully warmed up in their stride that normal service will resume.

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Nothing against Liverpool but for the sake of the Premier League this season, it needed this to happen to stop it being another procession.

As mad as these first few weeks have been, I'm sure time we get to November and teams are fully warmed up in their stride that normal service will resume.

Fingers crossed you’ll be back in the relegation zone by then.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, shut up said:

Can't get my head around the fact he's gonna be playing for Villa all season and not a top 6 club. Wasted.

How is he wasted? Top 6 isnt be all, end all...

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, shut up said:

Can't get my head around the fact he's gonna be playing for Villa all season and not a top 6 club. Wasted.

Good for him and good for them. Shame it doesn't happen more.

• Subscriber

Just take a moment to stop and think that some people will have watched the same football match as you there and think that Jack Grealish only getting an emergency call up to replace an injured player while Mason Mount and Phil Foden start games for England is perfectly normal.

7 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Just take a moment to stop and think that some people will have watched the same football match as you there and think that Jack Grealish only getting an emergency call up to replace an injured player while Mason Mount and Phil Foden start games for England is perfectly normal.

Mount who’s been integral and played virtually every minute for a club that finished 4th. 

What an outcry 

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Storts said:

It is a bit - not playing European football is big

Wasted is a bit of a stretch. Hardly like he's withering away in this Villa side who've made some decent signings. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Cicero said:

Mount who’s been integral and played virtually every minute for a club that finished 4th. 

What an outcry 

I rate Mount highly but even with Chelsea's dip over the past couple of years you dominate most games and he plays with Pulisic giving defenders something else to think about, overlapping full backs and service from the likes of Kovacic and the opportunity to play off Giroud who is one of the best in the business at what he does. Grealish had scraps to feed off at Villa last season yet consistently showed his quality.

I don't give a rat's bottom where the player's team finished. You can see just by watching Grealish that he's an absolutely quality player. Mount is close to the same level and will still improve but it's classic England. Get a short run of decent games in a "top" side and you're straight in the squad. Grealish has been ready for well over a season.

Grealish isn’t a central midfielder, he plays on the left. England already have that in Sterling, Sancho and Rashford. Mount and Foden can both play centrally, Foden is left footed so invaluable in that sense.

• The topic was unpinned
18 minutes ago, Danny said:

Grealish isn’t a central midfielder, he plays on the left. England already have that in Sterling, Sancho and Rashford. Mount and Foden can both play centrally, Foden is left footed so invaluable in that sense.

He must be able to get in ahead of Rashford at least, for United too but as mentioned fair play to him for signing a new deal, Villa legend.

2 minutes ago, DNA said:

He must be able to get in ahead of Rashford at least, for United too but as mentioned fair play to him for signing a new deal, Villa legend.

Rashford scored 22 goals last season, Grealish is good but he hasn’t done anything to suggest he’s better than Rashford yet, definitely not Sancho and Sterling too.

Archived