talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Raphinha Signs for Leeds

This is surprising. I really thought Raphinha would stay at Rennes ar least for one more season, after all Rennes is in the Champions League.

I have no idea what the fee would be, but this would be a really good signing for Leeds. 

Raphinha has lots of potential, not only he is a winger who dribbles very well, he also has really good vision and passing. Still needs to improve his decision making in order to put better numbers, and Bielsa seems to be the right coach to guide him to the next level.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about him tbh. We have been linked with a ridiculous number of players since we came up but there is no doubt we are looking for the higher calibre of player.

Bielsa is a big pull, so you'd never fully write off our chances of getting him if we show serious interest but I agree, seems daft to leave when you are playing Champions League football.

58 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

An Italian journalist says it's done.

They spent 21m on him only a year ago, so I don't know why they would sell him for so little.

This one is a head-scratcher. Not only because of the fee, but also because Rennes probably won't have enough time to sign a replacement before the transfer window closes.

But it's an amazing deal for Leeds. 

😍

On 04/10/2020 at 01:22, El Profesor said:

This one is a head-scratcher. Not only because of the fee, but also because Rennes probably won't have enough time to sign a replacement before the transfer window closes.

But it's an amazing deal for Leeds. 

😍

I also thought it was weird he played last night if the transfer is as close as we're led to believe.

As I said before, I don't know a lot about him but I'm encouraged by yours and @...Dan's comments, sounds like we've potentially landed a good player that will fit in well with the way we play.

Is he a Brazilian international? It would be ideal if he wasn't just so that he could have a couple weeks training with us during the break to get up to speed.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

I also thought it was weird he played last night if the transfer is as close as we're led to believe.

As I said before, I don't know a lot about him but I'm encouraged by yours and @...Dan's comments, sounds like we've potentially landed a good player that will fit in well with the way we play.

Is he a Brazilian international? It would be ideal if he wasn't just so that he could have a couple weeks training with us during the break to get up to speed.

No, he has never been called to our NT. If I'm not wrong, Raphinha has an italian passport, this might facilitate his work permit.

• The title was changed to Raphinha Signs for Leeds

Archived