• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Eric Choupo-Moting to Bayern

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 04/10/2020 at 12:43, Stan said:

He has an absolutely phenomental agent xD 

Yes, I really don't know how his agent gets him these deals and how he attracts interest from the biggest clubs. xD

With all due respect, Choupo-Moting is a decent player, but he is hardly a world beater. From Bayern's perspective, I really don't see the sense in this deal. They should just continue to give Zirkzee opportunities up front and maybe Arp as well.

• Subscriber
On 05/10/2020 at 06:01, Michael said:

Yes, I really don't know how his agent gets him these deals and how he attracts interest from the biggest clubs. xD

With all due respect, Choupo-Moting is a decent player, but he is hardly a world beater. From Bayern's perspective, I really don't see the sense in this deal. They should just continue to give Zirkzee opportunities up front and maybe Arp as well.

So couple things at play here. 1 Zirkzee hasnt proven he can be a reliable backup yet, also they are/where trying to put together a loan deal to give him regular mins which makes alot more sense. 2 this season is unprecedented as far as condensed schedules go, were talking a match roughly every 3 days? 3 its a 1 year deal and he was a free agent so theres relatively no risk to it and when the schedules hopefully return to some form of normality we move on.

Choupo-Moting at PSG was funny. Chupo-Moting at Bayern is even funnier. He'd struggle to play a decent role in a midfield tabled team, and here he is playing for the biggest clubs in the world. xD

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Choupo-Moting at PSG was funny. Chupo-Moting at Bayern is even funnier. He'd struggle to play a decent role in a midfield tabled team, and here he is playing for the biggest clubs in the world. xD

I mean youre definitely not wrong but I do get the thinking. Maybe being surronded by class he can bumble some balls into nets.. .well see I suppose. 

1 hour ago, Viva la FCB said:

So couple things at play here. 1 Zirkzee hasnt proven he can be a reliable backup yet, also they are/where trying to put together a loan deal to give him regular mins which makes alot more sense. 2 this season is unprecedented as far as condensed schedules go, were talking a match roughly every 3 days? 3 its a 1 year deal and he was a free agent so theres relatively no risk to it and when the schedules hopefully return to some form of normality we move on.

Zirkzee is by no means the finished article, but my point is that in my opinion, Choupo Moting isn't any better than him. Zirkzee has shown some flashes of class, even if he has been a bit inconsistent. But why not give a player like him more game time as a back-up to Lewandowski, instead of buying an ok player like Moting who is coming towards the end of his career. I would prefer to give Zirkzee and Arp more chances in the first team, instead of buying a player like Moting.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Michael said:

Zirkzee is by no means the finished article, but my point is that in my opinion, Choupo Moting isn't any better than him. Zirkzee has shown some flashes of class, even if he has been a bit inconsistent. But why not give a player like him more game time as a back-up to Lewandowski, instead of buying an ok player like Moting who is coming towards the end of his career. I would prefer to give Zirkzee and Arp more chances in the first team, instead of buying a player like Moting.

Arps been demoted to get game time coming off and injury plagued season and virtually no minutes. I dont disagree about Zirkzee but I think the bottom line is a loan deal with potentially more minutes elsewhere would benefit him and us more in long term. Big Choups is a 1 year stop gap and I dont really have a problem with it as long as thats all it is. 

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived