talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

How Long Does Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer Have Left As Utd Boss?

• Administrator

A complete drubbing today. Can't seem to solve defensive problems Man Utd have no matter who they buy. Don't think Cavani solves their issues. 

Signings they reportedly want/wanted - Grealish/Maddison/Sancho - haven't been made.

Is he the one to take them back to challenging for titles? 

Or it could go the other way and this could be the making of them, much like Southampton last season after their 9-0 hammering. Their form dramatically changed and they completed the season stronger. Do Utd have the mentality to do that and will Solskjaer last the season? 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Should never have got it permanently in the first place and given how PR obsessed Manchester United are, incredibly, the Liverpool result might actually save his arse. I do think given how much pressure there'll be to react to the poor start this season on deadline day in the form of new signings, sacking the manager won't be high on the priorities.

Lets be honest though he could have no complaints if he went. Last season was top 4 qualification by default - probably the lowest points total it's ever taken, combined with Leicester completely going off a cliff, combined with, lets be honest, probably the most ridiculous string of officiating decisions I can remember in favour of one team, like genuinely borderline suspicious.

I find it mental how few people in the media criticise him. If he was sacked tomorrow I think he'd do very well to get another job in the league.

United won’t be a force or win anything again until Woodward and the Glazers are gone. It’s that simple. No manager in the world would be able to get rid of the deadwood we have. Poor recruitment and total lack of planning had led to this point. Even Fernandes was a panic buy.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Should never have got it permanently in the first place and given how PR obsessed Manchester United are, incredibly, the Liverpool result might actually save him.

To be fair to him, the media have been kind to Liverpool as opposed to United. Whilst I read a headline of ‘what happened to Liverpool’ on Sky, there’s 5 articles on United that include the words shambolic, embarrassing and disarray. 

36 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

To be fair to him, the media have been kind to Liverpool as opposed to United. Whilst I read a headline of ‘what happened to Liverpool’ on Sky, there’s 5 articles on United that include the words shambolic, embarrassing and disarray. 

Liverpool have just come back from winning the league, delivering mostly world class performances...in terms of shambolic performances this isn’t Ole’s first rodeo 

42 minutes ago, Danny said:

Liverpool have just come back from winning the league, delivering mostly world class performances...in terms of shambolic performances this isn’t Ole’s first rodeo 

Absolutely not, but losing by 7 is shambolic and embarrassing. No matter who you are.

Dont think we should be talking about him being sacked yet. They have had two very bad results and have been pretty shocking this season. However they had a good season last season and think he should be given longer.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

United won’t be a force or win anything again until Woodward and the Glazers are gone. It’s that simple. No manager in the world would be able to get rid of the deadwood we have. Poor recruitment and total lack of planning had led to this point. Even Fernandes was a panic buy.

I agree to a certain extent. You have been bad in the transfer market but you have spent a lot. If you had a klopp or pep they would find a way to pull it all together but I agree 99.999 percent of managers would struggle at utd. Same with arsenal it's frustrating. 

He's not the right man but he's being failed by Woodward and the Glazer's. As spoke about in another thread, the lack of sporting director shows, especially in the planning of transfers. This is nothing we don't already know.

Eventually, Solskjaer will be the sacrificial lamb at some point though, there's no doubt about that. This is too big for a guy like him to carry forward.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable Pochettino links to resurface again seeing as he is still floating about unattached. It just feels so obvious.

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Absolutely not, but losing by 7 is shambolic and embarrassing. No matter who you are.

It is shambolic but it’s completely out of character for this Liverpool team, which is why they have that leeway. With Ole it’s just Ole

You've been abysmal in every single game,  I think the criticism of Solskjaer is fair and proportionate to how appalling he is as a manager and that he seems to get off with a lot from the Manchester United pundits. I said last season that getting top 4 would be bad for your long term progression, the longer you have that affable idiot in charge the worse it is for you. Being kind to him, he's an Alan Pardew type streak based manager and that's not good enough for clubs aiming to compete for trophies.

Since the end of January, they only conceded 8 goals in 19 games before our FA Cup semi final. They only conceded 3 more goals in the league than Liverpool last season, in spite the massive praise their back line gets as opposed to United. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

It doesn’t really matter. They’ll probably sack him at some point in the next three months and while he has a responsibility over the team and yesterday’s results wasn’t acceptable, United are hamstrung while they have Ed Woodward doing whatever it is he does there. 

I'd like to be hamstrung to the tune of 400million pounds over the past 5 seasons. The 'poor us' stuff is just unbearable and seemingly is given credence by many pundits, the issues with the Glazers goes deeper and more into the long term future of the club but in terms of liquid spending, they're right up there with any club in the world. These excuses do not wash. The team simply should be far better than it is in terms of who they have there, the owner argument is entirely separate. 

42 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I'd like to be hamstrung to the tune of 400million pounds over the past 5 seasons. The 'poor us' stuff is just unbearable and seemingly is given credence by many pundits, the issues with the Glazers goes deeper and more into the long term future of the club but in terms of liquid spending, they're right up there with any club in the world. These excuses do not wash. The team simply should be far better than it is in terms of who they have there, the owner argument is entirely separate. 

The point being we’ve literally had £1billion pounds taken out of the club. Literally. Name me another club in world football that works like that? Doesn’t matter what we’ve spent when it’s so poorly orchestrated and thought out. Old Trafford is falling to pieces, the youth team is the worst it has been in years and so is the squad. It all starts with the owners. How can it not? It’s their in the black and white financial figures. Manchester United service aaGlazer debt and then signings are secondary when there’s some money left over. Since the takeover, not a single cent of their own money has been spent. When you see £1.3billion being spent at City, that’s a £2billion swing. You can see why fans are angry. We’re rotten to the core. We’ve got an official Mattress and Pillow partner ffs.

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

You've been abysmal in every single game,  I think the criticism of Solskjaer is fair and proportionate to how appalling he is as a manager and that he seems to get off with a lot from the Manchester United pundits. I said last season that getting top 4 would be bad for your long term progression, the longer you have that affable idiot in charge the worse it is for you. Being kind to him, he's an Alan Pardew type streak based manager and that's not good enough for clubs aiming to compete for trophies.

I agree entirely that he’s not good enough, but he’s still been thrown under the bus. Every manager has been since Ferguson.

48 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

£400m on players that United have overpaid for and overpaid in terms of wages, thus making it difficult to move on. Their retention has also been bizarre with long contracts to Jones, Lingard, Henderson and a few others that have been head scratching to say the least. This is the job of Woodward, who oversees this when not missing out altogether on signings. 

2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

£400m on players that United have overpaid for and overpaid in terms of wages, thus making it difficult to move on. Their retention has also been bizarre with long contracts to Jones, Lingard, Henderson and a few others that have been head scratching to say the least. This is the job of Woodward, who oversees this when not missing out altogether on signings. 

The Glazers and Woodward  perceive that giving out new contracts retains a players value. It’s fucking ridiculous.

• Subscriber

When you have 2 muppets in the Glazers & Woodward in charge sacking Ole would not make a difference whoever replaced him its "You lick our arse Woody and we will lick yours", get rid of them arseholes and we might be getting somewhere. 

The Liverpool result might have saved Ole's arse...for now, but he just does not seem to have the presence on the touchline or box as other managers, yelling at the players, not sitting in the stands with a tablet looking at replays and clapping his hands when we score, LVG was just as fucking bad with his clipboard in his hand penning whatever with Giggs beside him saying "Yes sir, no sir, 3 bags full sir".

For the life of me is Ole doing all the picking and tactics of the games and team selections by himself? if so then Mike Phelan needs a kick up the arse by not trying to tell or show Ole where he is going wrong, Phelan worked under SAF in the golden years and surely his experience should be helping Ole out, either that or Ole is telling him to but out or Woody & the Glazers doing the same, I bet Steve Bruce is licking his lips when they arrive to play his Newcastle next, maybe another nail in Ole's coffin.

Still can't believe Woodward has his job, I'd love to know the reasons why. Ole has and always has been out of his depth, he has had a couple of brilliant runs but once they end United do nosedive into some shocking form. Both need to be gone, but with the Glazers in charge I'm not sure how much will ever change. 

You can say they have spent a lot of money but when there is no thought or repercussions to underperforming it won't make a difference how much you spend. 

Archived