Iceland vs Denmark

Wednesday 14th October, 2020
England vs Denmark
Iceland vs Belgium

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

This England formation is absolute AIDs. Over reliant on creativity from the wing backs but that's asking a lot when you stick a right footed player on the left to overlap and cross the ball. Surely you put Mings or Gomez up against Lukaku instead of Eric Dier as well - what's the thinking there? It ends up being a 7-1-2. Asking too much of Mount and Rashford to link the back seven to the centre forward.

• Subscriber

Second half was spot on to be fair. I'll take the humble pie to an extent but that formation was used against Wales as well and I'm still not a fan. The young players especially are good enough to play more expansive football.

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Devastated for the “Southgate out” wet wipes this evening. Bunch of shithouses. 

I've been watching england for over 20 years he is probably the best coach we have had in that time. 

13 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I've been watching england for over 20 years he is probably the best coach we have had in that time. 

Over Sven?

I know he had the 'golden generation' and he probably should have taken us further than the 3 successive quarter finals that he did, but I thought we played some of our best football under him in recent times.

It’s not hard to do better than McClaren and Capello did, they were awful. I know Capello specifically was dealing with not the greatest of squads and more a squad at the end of its lifespan but his tactics were terrible. You’d expect more of him.

What's this bizarre obsession with Mount on the wings? It's all fine when there are no options but both Grealish and Sancho are available. 

Southgate is also a Tier A, shitehouse. 

Pickford

TAA---Gomez---Maguire---Saka

Henderson

JWP----Mount

Sancho-------------------Rashford

Kane

• The topic was unpinned

Archived