• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

League A - Group A2 Fixtures - 11-14th September, 2020

football forum

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

What's this bizarre obsession with Mount on the wings? It's all fine when there are no options but both Grealish and Sancho are available. 

Southgate is also a Tier A, shitehouse. 

Pickford

TAA---Gomez---Maguire---Saka

Henderson

SWP----Mount

Sancho-------------------Rashford

Kane

Shaun Wright Phillips is definitely past it at 38 mate.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

The referee blows the whistle so late for the penalty. I can only think he's given it because of the man on the floor. He has absolutely no idea what's happened

And the guy was halfway down being imbalanced through his own fault anyway.

Bizarre decision.

£80m English pounds xD Ok, that's my pisstake out the way.

Look, he's had a terrible few months and it's far too easy to jump on the bandwagon and bash him, it's like hurting a wounded puppy.

Far be it from me to defend a United player but mentally, this guy is facing all sorts of challenges. This is without doubt his most challenging period to overcome.

I think the best thing Solskjaer and Southgate could do right now is leave him out the limelight for a bit.

Any defensive error/mistake and all eyes are on him, he can't seem to deal with it right now.

Give him a rest for a few games and a chance to reset because he's walking out of the frying pan into the fire on a consistent basis. Needs a break.

31 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Fucking Maguire.. Useless pleb

Agree, he's the most overrated defender we have. He's always making stupid mistakes. I hope we manage to at least equalise, but Maguire has probably cost us this match.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

£80m English pounds xD Ok, that's my pisstake out the way.

Look, he's had a terrible few months and it's far too easy to jump on the bandwagon and bash him, it's like hurting a wounded puppy.

Far be it from me to defend a United player but mentally, this guy is facing all sorts of challenges. This is without doubt his most challenging period to overcome.

I think the best thing Solskjaer and Southgate could do right now is leave him out the limelight for a bit.

Any defensive error/mistake and all eyes are on him, he can't seem to deal with it right now.

Give him a rest for a few games and a chance to reset because he's walking out of the frying pan into the fire on a consistent basis. Needs a break.

Your being too soft on him in my opinion. He's a bloody professional footballer, who gets paid millions to perform well. I can accept a mistake or two now and then, but Maguire is always making defensive errors that even schoolboys would be ashamed of. :dam:

• Administrator
Just now, Michael said:

Your being too soft on him in my opinion. He's a bloody professional footballer, who gets paid millions to perform well. I can accept a mistake or two now and then, but Maguire is always making defensive errors that even schoolboys would be ashamed of. :dam:

Just because you're a professional footballer doesn't mean you're somehow exempt from any mental health issues...

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I think we should bash him some more... 

I would make him do laps around the pitch for the remaining time the game is being played as punishment... 

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

Come on @Michael, let's be fair, he's had an abnormal few months after what happened in Greece xD

If truth be told, he shouldn't be put in this situation with England right now.

From a form perspective, he's no right to be in this squad. Southgate seemed to be of the mind if you are performing well you will be in the squad but that's seemingly gone out the window.

So do you blame the player who isn't in form or the manager for picking him?

And this is where the good man managers shine for me.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

If truth be told, he shouldn't be put in this situation with England right now. From a form perspective, he's no right to be in this squad. Southgate seemed to be of the mind if you are performing well you will be in the squad but that's seemingly gone out the window.

I blame both. ;)

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think we should bash him some more... 

I would make him do laps around the pitch for the remaining time the game is being played as punishment... 

Haha. Literally you...

tenor-2.gif.4aa2fca2b4c375ac969690cc74e80c6c.gif

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If truth be told, he shouldn't be put in this situation with England right now. From a form perspective, he's no right to be in this squad. Southgate seemed to be of the mind if you are performing well you will be in the squad but that's seemingly gone out the window.

To be fair as you pointed out he has a had a mare of a season so far... can't seem to do anything right, although he might need dropping would that do more harm than good?? having said that you can't stick with a player that clearly does not have his head in the right place or like tonight it can prove costly for the side.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived