Spain vs Switzerland
Ukraine vs Germany

Tuesday 13th October, 2020
Germany vs Switzerland
Ukraine vs Spain

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Germany finish the match as deserved 2-1 winners over Ukraine. But this Ukrainian team put up a decent fight despite being depleted by injuries as 15 regulars were not included in the squad due to either injuries or testing positive for Covid-19.

Wonder if Draxler starts again against Swiss. I found him and Kroos to be ones who affords loose passes that breakdown attack and/or put defence under pressure. 
is it just me or is Kroos underwhelming for some time now?
why havertz/Werner given such small time today is strange.

good performance, ran into a good goalkeeping show and some poor finishing. 

4 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Wonder if Draxler starts again against Swiss. I found him and Kroos to be ones who affords loose passes that breakdown attack and/or put defence under pressure. 
is it just me or is Kroos underwhelming for some time now?
why havertz/Werner given such small time today is strange.

good performance, ran into a good goalkeeping show and some poor finishing. 

I thought Draxler did quite well in spells during the game, but I completely agree with you on Kroos. He was very underwhelming and in fact I think that the Ukrainians kept trying to close him down in order to capitalise on his slow distribution of the ball. Germany definitely have better options for midfield than Kroos these days.

The Ukrainian 4th choice keeper Buschan actually had a good came. He seemed to do the hard bits well, making several incredible saves, but at the same time it was his comical error from a routine cross that lead to Germany's 2nd goal. He definitely seems to have a lot of potential, but he still has a long way to go in order to compete with the likes of Pyatov and Lunin.

No need for the Germans to throw this game away in the 90th minute, they can do it a lot earlier now.  They may even come back from 2-0 down after 26mins, but this is probably the weakest German team ever, weaker than the team of the early 2000s.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived