talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FIFA Considering More Law Changes

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kick-ins instead of throw ins seems like it won't make much of a difference to me. Seems like an unnecessary rule change.

If they want to take a look at handballs and the offside rule... I think there's some work that could be done there.

• Subscriber

I don't think anything they are discussing would ever truly come to fruition unless it can be proven to be fair. That said, they seem to be wanting to give the advantage to the losing team which makes zero sense to me. You've got 90 minutes to prove that you can win a match and skewing favor just because its the last few minutes seems to be the complete opposite of fair to me.

Arsene's really doing a number on his Le Profeseur reputation since retiring isn't he. Remember the shit idea he had about offsides a while back?

The idea of taking a free-kick to yourself intrigues me though. Can see it working a bit like in rugby where someone's fouled and quickly taps the ball and runs through three or four defenders who can't touch him as they're all too close to the free kick. Should mean less shitty cynical fouls in the middle of the pitch... or just more players kicking the ball away after a foul

• Subscriber

Not sure if this is in the right forum so move or merge if you must but I am interested in all your opinions on the title of the thread, is it a good idea to scrap the throw-ins and replace it with a kick in?

I didn't put a poll in as I think talk is better than a Yes or No, he said...

The legendary Gunners boss, who moulded their 'Invincibles' of 2004, cites a disadvantage to the attacking team late in the game as a reason for introducing kick-ins.

'I would like to change the throw-in rule: five minutes before the end, a throw-in for you should be an advantage, but in these situations, you are facing 10 outfield players in play, whilst you only have nine,' Wenger told L'Equipe.

Well, I am no experts like you lot as you watch the games more than I do but I think a kick in instead of a throw from start to finish but this is my opinion only and others may differ.

Arsene Wenger wants to replace throw-ins with 'KICK-ins' as former Arsenal boss plans to radically freshen up the game in his new role at FIFA... including controversial changes to offside, corner and free-kick rules

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber

Not sure if this thread is in the right place so the Admin/Mods can move/merge if they must. :ay:

Accidental handball that leads to a goal-scoring chance or a goal for a team-mate will no longer be penalised, say football's lawmakers.

Ifab confirmed the change on Friday, saying it was because of the "interpretation of handball incidents" not being applied consistently.

Fulham lost to Tottenham as Josh Maja was denied a goal as Davinson Sanchez's clearance flew into Mario Lemina's arm.

The change is likely to be introduced in England from 1 July.

It will remain a handball offence if a player scores accidentally with their hand or arm, or uses their hand or arm directly before scoring.

The International Football Association Board had tightened handball laws for the start of the 2020-21 season.

However, a spate of handball decisions led to fierce criticism across the game and saw English top-flight referees ordered to be less strict about their interpretations of the law.

Premier League officials were told to particularly focus on the distance an offending player is from the ball and whether he has extended his arm outside the natural body line.

In a statement, Ifab also clarified its interpretation of the offside law, saying the definition for handball, whereby the arm ends at the bottom of the armpit, must be used when judging whether a player is offside or not.

Chelsea's Timo Werner was denied a goal against Liverpool on Thursday night when VAR ruled the position of his arm made him offside in the build-up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56291850

Archived