talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Strange Urges You've Never Carried Out

football forum

• Subscriber

Anyone have any strange urges in life which they haven't tried?

I've always had the urge when in a shopping mall, to take a run up and boot somebody up the arse. Obviously I've never carried out, how about the rest of you?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always resisted the urge to go over the top of a tall block of flats when I was doing Communications for a living... Funny though that may seem when we used to be on top of tall blocks they never had any safety fences around them like they do these days and we were always sitting on the edges while we had breaks etc.. I can't for the life of me tell you why but there was always this urge to lean over and just let yourself go... It's almost hypnotic.. I am the same with anything high or if we are on the pier down the coast or whatever.. the temptation to climb the railing and just jump in the sea is overwhelming... I suppose it comes from my younger days of jumping off Kingston and Hampton Court bridges into the river like we used to do in the summer... I think that's why when I see things high up like dodgy walkways and the like I think better not... I just don't trust myself xD The head is saying hold on a little tighter and be careful these boards are slippy and I have that little Devil on my shoulder whispering do it, do it... 

• The title was changed to Strange Urges You've Never Carried Out
  • Administrator

Someties, moreso when I was much younger and a more inexperienced driver, I just wanted to absolutely floor it on an empty stretch of road. Go above 100-120mph and not give a shit what happens.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Probably makes me sound like an unstable loon... xD

Well you'd definitely be unstable at the top of some flats or on a beam with no support :o. How they did it back in the day was crazy.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Always resisted the urge to go over the top of a tall block of flats when I was doing Communications for a living... Funny though that may seem when we used to be on top of tall blocks they never had any safety fences around them like they do these days and we were always sitting on the edges while we had breaks etc.. I can't for the life of me tell you why but there was always this urge to lean over and just let yourself go... It's almost hypnotic.. I am the same with anything high or if we are on the pier down the coast or whatever.. the temptation to climb the railing and just jump in the sea is overwhelming... I suppose it comes from my younger days of jumping off Kingston and Hampton Court bridges into the river like we used to do in the summer... I think that's why when I see things high up like dodgy walkways and the like I think better not... I just don't trust myself xD The head is saying hold on a little tighter and be careful these boards are slippy and I have that little Devil on my shoulder whispering do it, do it... 

This is obviously caused by the call of Cthuhlu from the void! 

I did a lot of stupid climbing on tall structures as a teenager, but never had the urge to jump/let go :o That said, it's apparently pretty common...

Just now, Stan said:

Well you'd definitely be unstable at the top of some flats or on a beam with no support :o. How they did it back in the day was crazy.

Health & Safety never really existed back then.. it was all common sense, I used to get sent up ladders that were sometimes 3 floors high with a massive heavy concrete kango type drill and had to drill holes with a drill bit that was about a foot long.. every time you pressed it against the brickwork it would push the ladder out away from the wall.. you worked alone and every job up high was a potential risk.. I think that when you go so long doing dangerous stuff and not having any accidents that it can lead to complacency and although I was never complacent because I loved myself too much the fear of heights just goes completely so when others are standing back looking over big drops I have a tendency to lean a bit further over... Obviously I am not silly despite how it sounds but it's a temptation I really can't explain... 

3 minutes ago, MUFC said:

I think it's an adrenaline thing.  

I think you may be right... 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

This is obviously caused by the call of Cthuhlu from the void! 

I did a lot of stupid climbing on tall structures as a teenager, but never had the urge to jump/let go :o That said, it's apparently pretty common...

I used to do the same, hold on and don't be silly.. I think my communication job changed that though being in more of those risk type situations.. this might make me sound like a suicidal nut job but far from it... xD

• Subscriber

When I'm doing something and it doesn't work as it should (usually a computer or some other piece of equipment), I get an urge to throw the damn thing out of the window. Never carried it out so far, but came close on numerous occassions and I have a feeling I will one day xD 

• Administrator

When I'm doing something and it doesn't work as it should (usually a computer or some other piece of equipment), I get an urge to throw the damn thing out of the window. Never carried it out so far, but came close on numerous occassions and I have a feeling I will one day xD 

I don't think that's strange at all.

These are used all too regularly in our work chat xD 

200.gif

AcidicImmaculateDuckling-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=14480338

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

I don't think that's strange at all.

These are used all too regularly in our work chat xD 

200.gif

AcidicImmaculateDuckling-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=14480338

Yeah, think @MUFC added the word "strange" as his real intention was to find out  about people's sexual deviancies xD 

I get an urge to throw the damn thing out of the window.

My missus once threw a laptop down the stairs and smashed it to bits... I was quite shocked at that outburst at the time but understood the frustration.. 

• Administrator

Yeah, think @MUFC added the word "strange" as his real intention was to find out  about people's sexual deviancies xD 

Oh 100%. Probably wanting to see if anyone's stuck a USB stick up their arse or some shite like that.

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

My missus once threw a laptop down the stairs and smashed it to bits... I was quite shocked at that outburst at the time but understood the frustration.. 

Got a stationary bike delivered some time ago and had to assemble it. Pretty straightforward, but there was a part where you had to set the magnetic resistance up, and that involved putting a metal ending of one steel cable through a tiny loop on the end of the other steel cable. Spent about half an hour trying to do it in a +30 heat with rage building up inside me until my fingers went numb, only to realise that the manual had it the other way around in the resistance control wheel settings... :dam: Have never been so close to throwing the bloody thing out of the window xD 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Someties, moreso when I was much younger and a more inexperienced driver, I just wanted to absolutely floor it on an empty stretch of road. Go above 100-120mph and not give a shit what happens.

I've done this and I had 0 regrets.

• Subscriber

I used to live on the 17th floor and they were doing construction work nearby. I used to watch this cement mixer from balcony and always had the strangest urge to see if I could drop an egg from the 17th floor directly into the cement mixer. Sadly, for that to happen I'd have to miss all the other floors as the egg made its way down and I never got around to it. Missed opportunities I guess. 

• Subscriber
14 hours ago, nudge said:

Not true, but it would be a bonus.

• Subscriber

Used to really want to throw my phone over the side of the Wearmouth Bridge in Sunderland when i=I was at Uni. Not sure why but always used to get the urge whenever I walked across it.

Same with driving, I've often had the urge to do a handbrake turn but never done it!

• Subscriber

Sky Dive...:eek:

I always say (when I am pissed) I am going to do that but when I sober up...well, I am scared shite of heights and can't even stand on the edge of the likes of a building and looking down.

The funny thing also was when I was pissed as a newt in my army days I climbed the Battery Flagpole as a dare from my buddy and fell off of it when I reached the top and ended up in a military hospital for months. O.o

19 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I’ve never experienced hanging off edges, don’t really climb things, but have that exact same urge if I’m looking over a bridge or something. I am tempted to jump off. I just don’t understand it. 

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Sky Dive...:eek:

I always say (when I am pissed) I am going to do that but when I sober up...well, I am scared shite of heights and can't even stand on the edge of the likes of a building and looking down.

The funny thing also was when I was pissed as a newt in my army days I climbed the Battery Flagpole as a dare from my buddy and fell off of it when I reached the top and ended up in a military hospital for months. O.o

Do it. I didn’t feel well while hanging in the air... but the free fall is the best feeling. 

Archived