• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Reject 'Project Big Picture' Plans

• The title was changed to Premier League Reject 'Project Big Picture' Plans
  • Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Stan said:

The cynic in me thinks that this was part of the “plan” of the big six to get the ball rolling. Knowing full well that their initial offering wasn’t going to be accepted, they’ve got the ball rolling for change to be implemented in one form or another.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

They'll all vote against it. Its in none of the other 14's best interests for this to go through.

They need to get a move on. There is absolutely no logic behind any Premier League club outside of those 6 to vote for this. I've absolutely no doubt that clubs like both of ours will be brandished some sorts of killers of lower league clubs in future when they invariably go under.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

The cynic in me thinks that this was part of the “plan” of the big six to get the ball rolling. Knowing full well that their initial offering wasn’t going to be accepted, they’ve got the ball rolling for change to be implemented in one form or another.

I don't think you're wrong at all. They've effectively 'planted the seed' to make way for change in the future, now willingly accepting a counter-offer/compromise so to speak.

Would love to see the vote breakdown though. Presumably 14 vs 6 at least?

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

I wouldn't expect us to approve it given that one of the proposals is that the cartel would officially get to decide who can buy another club, as opposed to their unofficial decision this summer.

I said all along the main reason they stopped your takeover was because they don't want another club challenging the elite. Hiding behind morality was a very easy get out clause, proven to be rubbish given the fact Man City are owned by UAE. What's happened here effectively confirms what I thought all along about your takeover.

I sit back and wonder why I even bother with this at all at times. The sport is so rotten. I think I only persist for the same reason Newcastle fans do - the hope that one day good things do happen.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

We've backed the plan, clearly seeing the money rather than the bigger picture. 

Wankers. 

Clubs in the Championship have absolutely no excuse either. What the fuck does a club like Cardiff get out of this? A bung of £3.5mil or whatever it is and then the power to ever make something of themselves be taken away. That's something that no amount of money should be able to buy.

• Administrator

EFL clubs voting for this is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Might work out getting 'fed' short term money but it takes the power away from them as to what happens later down the line...

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

EFL clubs voting for this is like turkeys voting for Christmas. Might work out getting 'fed' short term money but it takes the power away from them as to what happens later down the line...

It probably makes sense for some of them as a lot of them genuinely have no aspirations other than to just exist, although they're ultimately just selling out to skew the sport and if I'm a club in League One, Two etc... I'm looking at Bournemouth, Swansea, Blackpool, Brighton, Huddersfield and thinking.... why not?

30 minutes ago, Dan said:

I said all along the main reason they stopped your takeover was because they don't want another club challenging the elite. Hiding behind morality was a very easy get out clause, proven to be rubbish given the fact Man City are owned by UAE. What's happened here effectively confirms what I thought all along about your takeover.

I sit back and wonder why I even bother with this at all at times. The sport is so rotten. I think I only persist for the same reason Newcastle fans do - the hope that one day good things do happen.

Many Newcastle fans were just as much as an embarrassment, Saudi Arabian flags everywhere and attacking Amnesty International for pointing out what an abhorrent regime they were begging to be taken over by. They just want to be part of the gang, they don't care about the general health of football anymore than many of the fans of the big six do. This is what happens when football becomes a brand totally removed from the communities they represent. Clubs don't care about their local fans anymore because they don't need their money/support. 

Please to see Liverpool's union has come out and opposed the plans. American owners are the absolute worst I'm afraid.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Many Newcastle fans were just as much as an embarrassment, Saudi Arabian flags everywhere and attacking Amnesty International. They just want to be part of the gang, they don't care about the general health of football anymore than many of the fans of the big six do. This is what happens when football becomes a brand totally removed from the communities they represent. Clubs don't care about their local fans anymore because they don't need their money/support. 

Please to see Liverpool's union has come out and opposed the plans. American owners are the absolute worst I'm afraid.

This likewise is true and I wouldn't disagree with any of that, I'm just not swallowing any of the nonsense from the Premier League about it being for moral reasons.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, cityfan99 said:

I really can't get my head around this 😣 I've always liked the League Cup and I think it would be ashame for it to go. It gives the smaller teams a chance to win something!

But that's what the FA Cup is for as well and it involves more teams.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Abandoned. Nice work. Don't let them forget it. Get Rick Parry sacked as well.

Now for the PPV.

For now. As discussed earlier it just paves the way for some of the clubs behind it to relax what they want but still get some power. 

I hope Greg Clarke continues to be powerfully against it. He's called for unity and transparency across all the clubs in the Premier League and I hope he sends a massive pile of steaming shit to Parry's door on regular occasions at some point as a way of showing him how bad the idea was. 

Little surprise that Premier League clubs not in the shady six were so against it. It’s saddening that the majority of the EFL, it seems, backed this and were up for it. I’d hoped for wider spread condemnation, not the EFL clubs becoming Turkey’s voting for Christmas. 

Some of the proposal actually had a lot of merit and were decent ideas for the game, it was the power snatching from the minority that was the ultimate sticking point for Premier League clubs and fans of pretty much every club, be it, those in the six, other less lucky Premier League clubs and pretty much all fans of clubs outside of the EFL, though we were never going to be asked of our opinion. It’s not how it’s done. 

The thing is, these six have got the ball rolling for insurmountable change to the footballing pyramid as we know it. You’ve had the Manchester City CEO wanting B teams in the EFL and now this in the space of the month. Change is coming. What it looks like, I’m not sure, but I don’t think I’m going to like it. 

• Administrator

Werner (Liverpool rep) and Woodward (Man Utd) refused to apologise for the idea, claiming it was just that and it got leaked in to the public domain. Doesn't wash with me! They knew their intentions and wouldn't have cared one iota had it gone through...

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Werner (Liverpool rep) and Woodward (Man Utd) refused to apologise for the idea, claiming it was just that and it got leaked in to the public domain. Doesn't wash with me! They knew their intentions and wouldn't have cared one iota had it gone through...

What’s gunna happen to them? They’re in charge of two huge corporations, fans have no power cos fans are just consumers now.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

What’s gunna happen to them? They’re in charge of two huge corporations, fans have no power cos fans are just consumers now.

Not saying anything is gonna happen to them. Just don't buy their reasons for refusing to apologise. 

38 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not saying anything is gonna happen to them. Just don't buy their reasons for refusing to apologise. 

Oh no completely agree, wasn’t arguing was more of a point about the game in general

Archived