Port Vale vs Salford
Scunthorpe vs Cambridge
Southend vs Cheltenham
Walsall vs Exeter

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Leyton Orient have had a similar start to the season than us so it could go either way really. I'm slightly more optimistic after winning 3-1 against Cheltenham last night so I'm hoping we can carry that performance into this game and build upon it. We still have a lot to work on in terms of our shots actually being on target but we are making decent progress.

Could be some big scores this week...

Bristol City vs Barnsley.

Swansea vs Huddersfield.

Blackburn vs Forest.

Norwich vs Rotherham.

Anybody vs Wycombe.

Brentford / Coventry is the game to watch for me. With Brentford's attack and how open Coventry have been that could he a very high scoring game.

• Subscriber

I've been impressed with Bristol City's start so hope they can keep it up. Did my latest podcast episode about them and it's crazy to believe their last shot at promotion to the Premier League was the 2008 Play Off Final v Hull.

24 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I've been impressed with Bristol City's start so hope they can keep it up. Did my latest podcast episode about them and it's crazy to believe their last shot at promotion to the Premier League was the 2008 Play Off Final v Hull.

They have a habit of doing well but then fading away towards the end of the season. It's how Lee Johnson got sacked in the end, though didn't quite blow it as badly as Lamouchi. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They have a habit of doing well but then fading away towards the end of the season. It's how Lee Johnson got sacked in the end, though didn't quite blow it as badly as Lamouchi. 

Lamouchi blew it big time. Dean Holden has surprised a lot this season with his transfer activity and the style of play and results on the pitch. He has taken his experience of being number 2 to Lee Johnson and hopefully found areas of weakness that Lee didn't deal with. i guess we'll have to wait until towards the end of the campaign to see if Holden is still delivering what the team needs.

Didn’t see the game but a good win for us today and good to see Toney score two, you don’t wanna finally spend big on a player and then they struggle.

Back to winning ways Brentford, hopefully can put a run together now

• Subscriber

Ours finished 3-2 after we got a late penalty. I was impressed by our performance and hoping we can see more of that going forward. To score 6 goals in 2 games after not scoring in our first few matches is brilliant.

On 15/10/2020 at 09:12, Pyfish said:

It's crazy there has never been a side from bristol in the premier league when you think about how big the city is. Cant think of a bigger city that has never had a team in the premier league. Think city were last in the top flight in the 80s

16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Looks like Toney is settling into Watkins place ok. Can't say I'm convinced that Benrahma's shoes will be as easily filled if I'm honest.

Between Mbeumo and Toney alone we will be fine for goals, Forss is proving to be a good super sub as well.

Then we have Canos who prior to his season long injury last season was smashing the assists away, Fosu and Ghoddos. Won’t replace Benrahmas output singularly, he’s phenomenal. But we’ve players who can make up at least 2/3’s of that.

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Between Mbeumo and Toney alone we will be fine for goals, Forss is proving to be a good super sub as well.

Then we have Canos who prior to his season long injury last season was smashing the assists away, Fosu and Ghoddos. Won’t replace Benrahmas output singularly, he’s phenomenal. But we’ve players who can make up at least 2/3’s of that.

Very early days to judge but from what I have seen, I feel like the league is possibly a bit weaker this season.

Should be there or thereabouts I reckon.

7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Very early days to judge but from what I have seen, I feel like the league is possibly a bit weaker this season.

Should be there or thereabouts I reckon.

I hope so. I don’t doubt Thomas Frank, brilliant first full season in charge last season. This season is about maintaining last seasons performances and just try and be more consistent with results. If we’re more consistent then we’re one of the favourites for the automatics 

On 15/10/2020 at 09:39, Bluebird Hewitt said:

To be fair to Dean Holden, the things the fans complained about under Lee Johnson even when things were going well he's worked on. Employing the man in Johnson's shadow for years may turn out to be a stroke of genius. 

On 16/10/2020 at 21:39, Smiley Culture said:

That’s Cocu gone then. Over to the next mug to take the Derby job. 

Feel a bit sorry for him if he's gone after that performance as the only difference was an exceptionally good goal. Watford look to be the best team in the divison defensively at the minute too.

I imagine if he was to go the first person the board will approach is Wayne Rooney. Whether that's for recommendations or to offer him a new role.

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

That was a massive win for Chris Hughton today. What a start.

Classic Forest smash and grab.

Its a very shrewd appointment. Keeps them as solid defensively as last season and with Knockeart there's every chance he can get them playing like Brighton over the course of this and next season. I'm intrigued to see how their board ruin it.

16 hours ago, Danny said:

Didn’t see the game but a good win for us today and good to see Toney score two, you don’t wanna finally spend big on a player and then they struggle.

Back to winning ways Brentford, hopefully can put a run together now

Ivan Toney looked very assured in the highlights. Surprised at how many he's scored already as he hasn't "dominated" games. Can definitely see him in the PL in two years time.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived