Everton - 66
Draws - 75
Liverpool - 93

Last Meeting:
21/06/2020 - Everton 0-0 Liverpool

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thiago and Mane should be back. Hopefully Henderson will be fit for 90 minutes as well, given the shit performance without him against Villa and the absence of Keita due to COVID.

This one's at Goodison... so I'd predict a 0-0 draw.

But Everton look pretty fucking good this year, so I think maybe Everton get a win or it'll be a score draw. But I'm also hoping the lads will want to be righting the wrong of getting spanked by Villa in a big way. Still, hard to see that happening with the form Everton are in.

Weirdly, I think this'll be an entertaining 3-3, I think we'll still look pretty wonky at the back unfortunately.

• Subscriber

Im with MadLad, cant see us winning this one with the form Everton are in. Mane is back as-is Thiago but those aren't the places we've looked shaky this season and I think Everton have enough about them to put the defense under pressure. Still, this game comes right after the spanking so who knows how the team will respond. 

• Subscriber

Last three derbies at Goodison have ended goalless. Seven of the last eight have been draws. Liverpool haven't lost in 22 derbies. But this one? Anything could bloody happen with the way the league's been lately.

This side has generally been very good at responding to set backs over the last few years. Granted there hasn't ever been anything like a 7-2 defeat but I would still expect a response here. May not win it but I think in most circumstances you'd take a draw in this fixture

• Subscriber

I'm more confident that this will be a good game than I am about us getting a result. I can see us playing well and losing 2-1 or something. I'm hopeful that we can get a result but I don't expect us to, remember that the derby day factor was enough to allow their under 13s to knock our first team out of the cup last season. It's nice to actually look forward to us giving them a game instead of hoping we can park the bus for a 0-0 draw or keep the score down.

I fancy a reaction from Liverpool.

With the greatest respect to Villa, it is very easy to take your foot off the gas if you slightly underestimate the other side.

There is no way they will do that with Everton. The fact its their local rivals alone will pump them up for it, nevermind the fact Everton have won four on the trot.

For me, this is a good indicator to show where this Everton side are really at. West Brom, Palace and Brighton should really be routine wins for them and Spurs looked awful first day so I've not got too carried away by them yet.

Hopefully its a good game, I can't remember the last time Everton beat them so it would be nice if this game genuinely turned into a 50/50 battle it promises.

That said, I think we'll see a clinical Liverpool back. Henderson, Thiago, Mane etc are just such great, influential players to welcome back and lift the team.

See it being either 2 or 3-1.

The injection of technical quality in Everton's midfield has made them entirely capable of holding their own against the Top 6. Its how they react after defeat, or when things don't go their way, is what I'm interested in seeing. As that's always been Ancelotti's downfall. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC given the form of each team should Everton fans be unhappy with not winning if they dont? 

What form though? They lost one game. Against Arsenal the game before they could have won about 5-0 on another day.

3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Liverpool will win. I don’t care about the teams. It’s just the mentality of a fixture that never seems to go Everton’s way.

We've been very un-Everton so far this season. You could have said this to a much lesser extent about us going away to Spurs on the first day for example. This fixture is a different kettle of fish though. Certainly if we get a result it's the biggest evidence yet of a sea change in our mentality overall. If we lose though, it doesn't necessarily prove we have a bad mentality, we might just be the second best team on the pitch. People love to say we bottle fixtures against the top six because we have a bad mentality, which has been the case sometimes but usually when we lose to the top six sides it's just that we're not as good as them more often than not.

There's a big picture for us for the first time in a while. In a shit season where we finish 12th scraping a 1-0 derby win could he the highlight of our season. This weekend it's less about securing some consolation bragging rights and more about seeing how we match up against last season's champions. I want to see us give them a game instead of getting a draw or narrow win by grinding it out.

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Liverpool will win. I don’t care about the teams. It’s just the mentality of a fixture that never seems to go Everton’s way.

That's the way we all use to feel about utd. Even if they were really out of form you knew they could still beat anyone. I'm sure you miss those days :dash3:

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@RandoEFC well they lost 7.2 and you have won all your games. You are at home so I think you have at least some reason to expect a result. Maybe not a win but at least a draw?

Expect isn't the word I would use. It's been 4 games so let's wait and see.

• The title was changed to Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived