talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020

football forum

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Pickfords challenge was super hard, but not at all dangerous conduct and likely not a red (but certainly a penalty) if VVD was onside. 

Stop crying.

So it was 'super hard', at knee height, with his legs wrapped around VVD's... yet not at all dangerous?

Go home xD

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So it was 'super hard', at knee height, with his legs wrapped around VVD's... yet not at all dangerous?

Go home xD

If it's a red card offense(and I don't think it is) it comes under 'serious foul play'

"A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play."

So, under the rules provided the ref is right, and Pickford doesn't get a ban. Sometimes, just sometimes and it's crazy I know, a player gets injured to a strong challenge. 

Also, remember Ruddy knocking Drogba out cold, then Drogba landing on his head while unconscious? Nothing given because Drogba was offside. Where was the 'justice for Drogba' Campaign? 

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Google defines dangerous as "able or likely to cause harm or injury".

Now if only we had a way of knowing if that challenge was able or likely to cause injury we'd know if it was dangerous. But alas

Well that's not how Fifa defines it so google can jog on can't they? 

What is it with everyone quoting the rules on here all of a sudden? He flew into VVD at full pelt, at knee height, and scissor kicks him around his legs. Of course its fucking dangerous you balloon.

The rules mean fuck all when having a debate on whether or not people think it was a dangerous tackle, which we are doing.

Anyway, enough of this its getting boring. Pickford is an utter cunt and that's my last word on it.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Anyway, enough of this its getting boring. Pickford is an utter cunt and that's my last word on it.

If this is going to be anything like your 'last word' promises on VAR I very much doubt we have heard the end of it... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

If this is going to be anything like your 'last word' promises on VAR I very much doubt we have heard the end of it... 

The thing with VAR is that things happen every day/week to cause different discussions. This is an isolated incident that is going round in circles

Go away.

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

What is it with everyone quoting the rules on here all of a sudden? He flew into VVD at full pelt, at knee height, and scissor kicks him around his legs. Of course its fucking dangerous you balloon.

The rules mean fuck all when having a debate on whether or not people think it was a dangerous tackle, which we are doing.

You sound like a murderer in court

"Where the fuck did all these 'rules' come from!? Why isn't the law what I want it to be?"

1 minute ago, Burning Gold said:

Until FIFA does define it, I'll stick with google and other common definitions

They do. It's very vague and uses the example of a player playing so dangerously that people are afraid to tackle him. it also says that bicycle kicks are sometimes dangerous sometimes not and that a player endangering himself is also dangerous play, so you could define doing a flip celebration as dangerous play. 

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You sound like a murderer in court

"Where the fuck did all these 'rules' come from!? Why isn't the law what I want it to be?"

They do. It's very vague and uses the example of a player playing so dangerously that people are afraid to tackle him. it also says that bicycle kicks are sometimes dangerous sometimes not and that a player endangering himself is also dangerous play, so you could define doing a flip celebration as dangerous play. 

Different thing. That's "playing in a dangerous manner"

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Again, where's this whenever it happens to any other club?

And again, if we're going to base punishments for how long players are injured for then Richarlison should have his ban overturned the second Thiago passes a fitness test.

Thought this myself. Can't remember who it was on here claiming the media have it in for Liverpool. It's just an outright lie.

17 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Keane's tackle on Haaland which ended his career, Keane got a red card but continued on with his career, I wouldn't say Pickford was a maniac like Keane as Keane said he had no regrets on the tackle as Haaland had done the same to Keane in a previous game, tit for tat in those days gone by.

Haaland said to Keane "Get up and stop faking it." so Keane re-paid the remark.

Manchester-United-v-Manchester-City.jpg

Oh John. You do realise that it never ended his career? That he finished the game? That he played for Norway that week? That he played god knows how many games afterwards and retired due to an injury in his other knee 2 years later? 

Can we just pin this to the first page of the forum xD

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh John. You do realise that it never ended his career? That he played for Norway that week? That he played god knows how many games afterwards and retired due to an injury in his other knee? 

Knee injuries usually lead to injuries to the other knee. You naturally rely too much on the “good knee” by putting more weight on it. I think medicine just wasn’t as good back then tbh and he shouldn’t have been playing those other games

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Knee injuries usually lead to injuries to the other knee. You naturally rely too much on the “good knee” by putting more weight on it. I think medicine just wasn’t as good back then tbh and he shouldn’t have been playing those other games

The operation on the other knee was the summer of 2001. That Derby was his last game in England. Unless he put years of pressure on his other knee in the final 4 minutes of that game, that theory is a non starter. Haaland even admitted to his other knee being fucked well before Keane took him out.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Oh, John. You do realise that it never ended his career? That he played for Norway that week? That he played god knows how many games afterwards and retired due to an injury in his other knee? 

My whoops, must have read it wrong but I had to laugh at Keane when he said the same to Haarland.

Roy Keane has attempted to put the record straight over his infamous clash with Alf Inge Haaland by admitting he had deliberately wanted to hurt “the absolute prick” – but that he had never wanted to injure the Norwegian and it was not revenge for the challenge, four years earlier, that left him with a serious knee injury.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/oct/06/roy-keane-alf-inge-haaland-book

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

The operation on the other knee was the summer of 2001. That Derby was his last game in England. Unless he put years of pressure on his other knee in the final 4 minutes of that game, that theory is a non starter.

It happens all the time after knee surgery though.

I fully understand why he blames Keane, I would too.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

The reality is he doesn’t blame him though. He’s even said that several times. It’s a genuine internet myth.

Oh, that’s weird then. It’s probably Keane’s fault for saying he hurt him on purpose like a psychopath.

• Administrator
Just now, Danny said:

Roy Keane said in his own book that he ended his career on purpose, clearly not a myth 

But Haaland doesn't blame Keane for it though...

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh, that’s weird then. It’s probably Keane’s fault for saying he hurt him on purpose like a psychopath.

Oh, that I believe. He genuinely wanted to hurt him. Weird though, as they’d played each other several times between 1998 and 2001 with nothing happening. Rumour has it Keane is still looking for David Wetherall xD

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Roy Keane said in his own book that he ended his career on purpose, clearly not a myth 

But he didn’t. So there’s always that. Imagine claiming to have ended a career to sell more books when it was a preexisting injury..........

"I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: 'Take that, you c*nt.' I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him." 

So yeah. Clearly a myth.

• Subscriber

I got what Keane said wrong looking at Haaland lying on the ground...

"Don’t ever stand over me again sneering about fake injuries. And tell your pal Wetherall there’s some for him as well."
https://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/mythbuster-did-roy-keane-end-alf-inge-haalands-career/fmtobupz9vw21v73ve7ruztcn

roy-keane-alf-inge-haaland_14c1it0ou2hwj

Archived