• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

football forum

Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Oh, that’s weird then. It’s probably Keane’s fault for saying he hurt him on purpose like a psychopath.

Oh, that I believe. He genuinely wanted to hurt him. Weird though, as they’d played each other several times between 1998 and 2001 with nothing happening. Rumour has it Keane is still looking for David Wetherall xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Roy Keane said in his own book that he ended his career on purpose, clearly not a myth 

 

But he didn’t. So there’s always that. Imagine claiming to have ended a career to sell more books when it was a preexisting injury..........

"I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: 'Take that, you c*nt.' I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him." 
 

So yeah. Clearly a myth.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I imagine it's just Keane trying to look like a hardman, which he really doesn't as it was a snide challenge that Halland didn't see. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

But he didn’t. So there’s always that. Imagine claiming to have ended a career to sell more books when it was a preexisting injury..........

"I wanted to hurt him and stand over him and go: 'Take that, you c*nt.' I don’t regret that. But I had no wish to injure him." 
 

So yeah. Clearly a myth.
 

 

You’ve just quoted him saying he had no wish to injure and end his career...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Danny said:

You’ve just quoted him saying he had no wish to injure and end his career...

Erm, you stated in his book, he said he did end his career? How exactly do you end a career on purpose whilst not wishing to injure someone. I’m really confused.....

The point being Keane has explicitly stated he wouldn’t have boasted about ending a career to sell more books. My post was sarcasm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Erm, you stated in his book, he said he did end his career? How exactly do you end a career on purpose whilst not wishing to injure someone. I’m really confused.....

The point being Keane has explicitly stated he wouldn’t have boasted about ending a career to sell more books. My post was sarcasm.

Was just pulling your leg mate, very disappointed at how maturely you’ve handled it tbh :cardY:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Just read this. Wijnaldum having a cry saying Everton take it too far when they play them. What a melt. 

Being thugs is the only way they can get near us to be fair :ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the tackles again (they're both really bad)... but I think Richarlison's is actually much worse. Pickford's just a reckless idiot, I don't even think he meant to do what he did because if Virgil was onside... that's a penalty/red card offense and VAR maybe can't have protected him (although Coote's on VAR might not make that the case). Richarlison's is just a really dirty challenge... and then he rolls around like he's been injured after. You can't even call it reckless or mistimed, it just looks egregiously fucking bad.

Apparently he's posted (and deleted) things on twitter (prior to his apology) where he defended the challenge as well, which sort of goes back to what @LFCMike was saying about his (lack of) character. It also makes his apology seem a bit more hollow.

In any case, I hope the next derby has fans in it. I also hope Coote isn't allowed to officiate any of our matches in any capacity ever again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Knee injuries usually lead to injuries to the other knee. You naturally rely too much on the “good knee” by putting more weight on it. I think medicine just wasn’t as good back then tbh and he shouldn’t have been playing those other games

Correct. Whether the other knee was fucked before hand or not, popping a knee or ankle has a massive direct correlation to enormous increased risk of injury in the opposite leg. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh great, so Pickford has fucked both VVD's knees then!?!?

Fucking short arm t-rex little cunt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh great, so Pickford has fucked both VVD's knees then!?!?

Fucking short arm t-rex little cunt.

Some players recover differently to others. Let’s hope he’s not totally fucked like Sturridge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Being thugs is the only way they can get near us to be fair :ph34r:

You do remember the Stevie G and Kuyt days, yeah? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Watching the tackles again (they're both really bad)... but I think Richarlison's is actually much worse. Pickford's just a reckless idiot, I don't even think he meant to do what he did because if Virgil was onside... that's a penalty/red card offense and VAR maybe can't have protected him (although Coote's on VAR might not make that the case). Richarlison's is just a really dirty challenge... and then he rolls around like he's been injured after. You can't even call it reckless or mistimed, it just looks egregiously fucking bad.

Apparently he's posted (and deleted) things on twitter (prior to his apology) where he defended the challenge as well, which sort of goes back to what @LFCMike was saying about his (lack of) character. It also makes his apology seem a bit more hollow.

In any case, I hope the next derby has fans in it. I also hope Coote isn't allowed to officiate any of our matches in any capacity ever again.

Richarlison's is definitely worse.

However on the "apparently" stuff, Richarlison made an apology, was then accused by Liverpool fans of doing it on purpose and setting out to hurt Thiago which he denied, was then threatened with vigilante retribution from Liverpool fans, and finally racially abused. After that he deleted all of it. Merseyside police are now investigating those tweets along with the death threats sent to Pickford by Liverpool fans.

At least you lot seem to have finally gotten over the Ramos incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He posted the apology after the deletions, according to some screenshots I’ve seen.

The abuse he’s taken is obviously way over the top, in terms of death threats (which only a moron makes) or racism (which a sad number of people still are).

Still doesn’t take away from the fact he’s a cunt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as footballs fans, most of us can’t get upset over rivals making bad challenges as some of the greatest players have made some of the worst challenge in Premier League history. Keane, Scholes, Vieira, Gerrard, Shearer, Ferguson etc have all made the most cunty challenges on players, yet it’s ok because they’re our players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You do remember the Stevie G and Kuyt days, yeah? xD

Thats different :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Watching the tackles again (they're both really bad)... but I think Richarlison's is actually much worse. Pickford's just a reckless idiot, I don't even think he meant to do what he did because if Virgil was onside... that's a penalty/red card offense and VAR maybe can't have protected him (although Coote's on VAR might not make that the case). Richarlison's is just a really dirty challenge... and then he rolls around like he's been injured after. You can't even call it reckless or mistimed, it just looks egregiously fucking bad.

Apparently he's posted (and deleted) things on twitter (prior to his apology) where he defended the challenge as well, which sort of goes back to what @LFCMike was saying about his (lack of) character. It also makes his apology seem a bit more hollow.

In any case, I hope the next derby has fans in it. I also hope Coote isn't allowed to officiate any of our matches in any capacity ever again.

Think it's been pointed out but Robertson did exactly the same after he stamped on whoever it was, it's a common tactic to feign injury after you've committed a foul yourself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Think it's been pointed out but Robertson did exactly the same after he stamped on whoever it was, it's a common tactic to feign injury after you've committed a foul yourself.

Yeah to be fair most players do it after they've made a bad challenge. They seem to think that feigning injury will see the referee somehow feel sorry for them?

Weirdo's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This fixture has been rife with aggressive over the top fouls and fallouts/red and yellow cards for years from both sides... On this occasion Liverpool have come out of it worse off having lost VVD for the remainder of the season but no amount of outrage or injustice felt about the Pickford challenge is going to change that outcome... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement