talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve never been so fucking mad at a refereeing decision. That’s just not on, ruins the game more and more each time it happens. Those officials are a joke. No accountability whatsoever let’s them make decisions like that. Fuck the lot of them. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

I’ve never been so fucking mad at a refereeing decision. That’s just not on, ruins the game more and more each time it happens. Those officials are a joke. No accountability whatsoever let’s them make decisions like that. Fuck the lot of them. 

Its offside. Stupid rule but it is the rules

• Subscriber

It's weird because the frame on the normal replay, Mane looked as if he might have been offside but then the still they were looking at on VAR he looked definitely on.

Oh well, take the point and move on. Welcome back derbies where a bit of football actually breaks out instead of us playing 10 men behind the ball for 85 minutes if indeed we actually turn up at all.

• Subscriber
Just now, carefreeluke said:

Isn’t the top half of Mane’s shoulder off?

The real question is, how can they ever be 100% sure? What happened to overriding "clear and obvious" mistakes being overruled? The pre-VAR offside rule was to give the benefit of the doubt to the attacker and this is certainly one of those scenarios.

I'm not complaining today about a Henderson derby winner being ruled out but I'm not going to be one of those wet wipes who only acknowledges the problem when it shafts your team. We've been fucked by VAR enough times and we'll be on the receiving end of it again. I know the rage that comes with it so I'm not going to try and defend the massive flaws just because it worked in our favour today.

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Nothing from the angles that we saw showed he was offsides. Not even his armpit. 

Exactly. His armpit is absolutely onside. It’s like they’ve given offside for the sleeve of his shirt. 

I hope each and every one of them shit their pants on the train home, then fall down the fucking stairs, covering their cream carpet in shite. Pricks, the fucking lot of them. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Mane’s onside for the 3rd goal that was taken away.

There’s no excuse getting that wrong with VAR, but they did.

It was offside mate. We've had this debate before. Your elbow can be offside. It's not an opinion it's a fact 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

You’re joking. 

No mate I'm not. Even if its half a ml offside it's still offside. If it was arsenal in the champions league final I would say the same thing 

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

It was offside mate. We've had this debate before. Your elbow can be offside. It's not an opinion it's a fact 

What the actual fuck are you talking about?

You can’t score a goal with your arm, it’s the armpit that can be offside, not your fucking arm. Do you really need the handball rule explained to you? 

Just now, LFCMike said:

You can't about a goal with your elbowO.o

The rules say you cant be offside with your arm or hands. So you can be offside with your armpit. 

4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The only facts in the debate imo is that VAR is a load of shite

Maybe the rules need changing but at the moment those are the rules.  That isnt a var problem the rules need adapting to var maybe. The reason being that these goals were allowed before because the advantage was given to the attacker 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

If any part of him is offside it's his shoulder not his elbow.

Yeah which you can be offside with. This isnt a matter if opinion it's a fact he was offside. It's like the new handball rule. Its shit but it is the rules 

Just now, Cicero said:

Any body part you can score with. 

You can’t score with your arms...

The rules dont say that they say your arms or hand. 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

Its offside. Stupid rule but it is the rules

No way was that offside for me.... not what they were showing on my stream anyway, such a crazy system, For me an offside should be where a player is getting a clear advantage and not because a nostril hair might have been a bit longer than the other... 

As long as they can skulk about in a room 20 miles away and not have to offer up an explanation for the decision the system will be flawed.. It has a negative aspect to attacking play in my opinion and if we can train a monkey to go into space and back how hard can it be to master a few controls and camera angles in a comfy chair.. 

• The title was changed to Everton 2-2 Liverpool - Saturday 17th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived