The better place to talk football.

Batard Père 2.0

football forum

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Just seen it’s happened matey. Wow! Congrats and get ready for the best time of your life. It’s no joke... It’s the most beautiful thing in the world. :x

were you in the delivery room? Were you the midwife?!

• Administrator

It wasn’t plain sailing, she was born with the umbilical cord around her neck and a knot in the cord further down. Her heart rate was dropping through distress and oxygen being squeezed by the knot. I’m currently running on adrenaline. Physically and emotionally exhausted.

9 minutes ago, Batard said:

It wasn’t plain sailing, she was born with the umbilical cord around her neck and a knot in the cord further down. Her heart rate was dropping through distress and oxygen being squeezed by the knot. I’m currently running on adrenaline. Physically and emotionally exhausted.

Best of luck mate. Same thing happened to my girl (except for the knot), but it's a mad house when all that is going on. I wish you nothing but bliss and health man. Does she have Jaundices or anything?

7 minutes ago, Blue said:

Best of luck mate, I've never been a father but given I have serious anxiety problems I kind of know how you are feeling right now.

You likely have zero idea what Batard is feeling right now. Nothing compares to being a father, ESPECIALLY after a non-smooth pregnancy.

Just now, Eco said:

Best of luck mate. Same thing happened to my girl (except for the knot), but it's a mad house when all that is going on. I wish you nothing but bliss and health man. Does she have Jaundices or anything?

You likely have zero idea what Batard is feeling right now. Nothing compares to being a father, ESPECIALLY after a non-smooth pregnancy.

I know man, but I'm a coward and always have been. I haven't been in any similar situation but I can get the feels of bad situation and I'm afraid of them.

• Administrator

@Eco, she seems ok, she’s sleeping a lot, we’ve managed to feed her a bottle but she’s not overly hungry. She was exhausted from the birth. The real fun is when she’s fully recovered. 

• The title was changed to Batard Père (I'm a Dad)
Just now, Batard said:

@Eco, she seems ok, she’s sleeping a lot, we’ve managed to feed her a bottle but she’s not overly hungry. She was exhausted from the birth. The real fun is when she’s fully recovered. 

No doubt. And hopefully she'll continue to sleep a lot.

Wife did a lot of research on sleep schedules for infants, and we are only a little over 2 months into this and our girl has been sleeping through the night for about 6-7 weeks. I hope and pray you baby girl does the same.

• Administrator
Just now, Eco said:

No doubt. And hopefully she'll continue to sleep a lot.

Wife did a lot of research on sleep schedules for infants, and we are only a little over 2 months into this and our girl has been sleeping through the night for about 6-7 weeks. I hope and pray you baby girl does the same.

I suspect given how much she’s slept today, tonight is going to be a long night. I don’t mind though. It’s all worth it. It’s still an unreal feeling being a parent 

3 minutes ago, Batard said:

I suspect given how much she’s slept today, tonight is going to be a long night. I don’t mind though. It’s all worth it. It’s still an unreal feeling being a parent 

Absolutely agree. I still don't believe it sometimes.

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Danny said:

Just going to say my piece @Batard, congratulations, you've had a child. But you're also the admin of a football forum, remember your priorities and don't become inactive like @DeadLinesman did.

I’m still here mate. My family is smaller than Phil’s so I’ll be around pretty much as normal. Sleep deprivation allowing naturally.

... I love football too much to be away from it xD

Archived