talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 1-0 Arsenal - Saturday 17th October, 2020

football forum

2 hours ago, Danny said:

The things that Sian Massey goes through just trying to do her job 

People always do that with female referees. They do it with female pundits as well

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Really not understanding what Aguero has done wrong there. 

It does seem harsh. At the same time it can be seen as inappropriate for a male to touch a female like that in a normal job. Unless she makes a complaint I dont think anything should come of it.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I've seen this blow up on social media having missed the incident myself. I've watched it and I don't really see it as a massive issue.

I can see why people find it condescending given the culture we live in now, but same time, I genuinely don't think he meant it to come across that way.

The only person whose opinion should matter is Sian Massey and if it bothered her, fair enough, if not, people shouldn't make mountains out of molehills IMO.

No it was adjust an example of something that wouldn’t have happened in that moment to a male counterpart. Doesn’t have to be massive to be unacceptable 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've seen this blow up on social media having missed the incident myself. I've watched it and I don't really see it as a massive issue.

I can see why people find it condescending given the culture we live in now, but same time, I genuinely don't think he meant it to come across that way.

The only person whose opinion should matter is Sian Massey and if it bothered her, fair enough, if not, people shouldn't make mountains out of molehills IMO.

Then to me there is where the problem lies. It's honestly a nothing incident at all. That said I don't really think players should really be putting their hands on any official.

I highly doubt she's bothered. Plenty will be patronising to her about it though.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Danny said:

No it was adjust an example of something that wouldn’t have happened in that moment to a male counterpart. Doesn’t have to be massive to be unacceptable 

Really? Because I'm of the mind that actually the people who are acting outraged by it are the ones who are being sexist.

I might be wrong, but surely this isn't the first time a player has put their hands on an official in a not really aggressive manner. I feel like I'm being a devil's advocate here, but I'm not sure - if Aguero did that to a male linesman, I don't think anyone would have commented on it, but if he does it to a female linesman, people comment on it. Is it not the people commenting on it that are reacting differently to the gender of the linesperson?

I don't know to be honest. None of us know whether Aguero did that because she's a woman. If I'm just unaware that touching a linesman even as casually as that is unacceptable then I'll stand corrected.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I might be wrong, but surely this isn't the first time a player has put their hands on an official in a not really aggressive manner. I feel like I'm being a devil's advocate here, but I'm not sure - if Aguero did that to a male linesman, I don't think anyone would have commented on it, but if he does it to a female linesman, people comment on it. Is it not the people commenting on it that are reacting differently to the gender of the linesperson?

From another forum. Ironically Aguero is here as well xD

Not one comment of outrage from my memory... 

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

12 hours ago, Lucas said:

Apparently she didn't take kindly to it and pushed his hand away... just reading about it this morning, She didn't take the matter further and just remained professional, When you watch it in real time though he certainly wouldn't have done that if it had been a male official... I think he should get a 6 game ban for that.. :ph34r:

a man standing next to a woman: Aguero put his arm around Sian Massey-Ellis after remonstrating over a throw-in decision

• The title was changed to Man City 1-0 Arsenal - Saturday 17th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
1 hour ago, shut up said:

Liverpool fans trying to deflect away from the Keita signing :ph34r:

Keita has been better than Pepe to be fair and cost about £20m less. 

Keita has been excellent in certain periods, good in others and average in others. Its unfortunate injuries that have held him back

Its only really you that thinks he's a dud. xD

• Subscriber

This is the worst Man City team I can remember for a while and Arsenal couldn't lay a glove on them.

Pepe is obviously shite and a massive waste of money. Keita hasn't been good either really considering the hype when you signed him. I feel that honestly big money signings flatter to deceive more often than not

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

This is the worst Man City team I can remember for a while and Arsenal couldn't lay a glove on them.

Pepe is obviously shite and a massive waste of money. Keita hasn't been good either really considering the hype when you signed him. I feel that honestly big money signings flatter to deceive more often than not

The vast majority do, certainly in recent years. Ndombele's been a bit disappointing as well really although there's still time. Pogba, Maguire, Kepa, Sigurdsson some other examples and there are no doubt more.

Keita has never really done anything wrong in games that have cost us but he has had quite games im not going to lie. He has however been excellent in periods before injury stopped him in his tracks... rinse and repeat.

Im adamant that when he gets a good run in the team injury free he will be excellent consistently for us.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, shut up said:

Pepe hasn't been great, but he hasn't been any worse than Ndombele and Lo celso either.

Although he cost £20m more ofc

Not sure why you lump Lo Celso in - he was our best player for periods last year. Really good player

But this was largely my point. I feel like generally big money signings don’t seem to work in this league. Obviously exceptions but a lot seem to flop or fail to live up to expectations 

Archived