talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Your German players in the Premier League XI (non-Australian members only)

football forum

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No Ballack no thread. 

Don't you worry, I've got you covered. But really, no Hamann... no thread tbh.

Lehman

Babbel - Huth - Mertesaker - Ziege 

Hamann Gundogan

Ballack

Gnabry                                      Podolski

Klinsmann

I'd have put Boateng in over Mertesaker or Huth (either one of them really)... but I think he was pretty shit at City and Joleon Lescott was preferred to him. Granted, Gnabry didn't make the grade at Arsenal and I didn't put him in either... but I really didn't know who else to put out wide there. Podolski was also maybe a lazy choice but... I think the rest of the team is a pretty sound choice!

Ozil didn't make the cut because he's a massive cunt.

• Administrator

Lehmann

Babbel - Huth - Mertesacker - Ziege

Gundogan - Hamann

Sane - Ballack - Ozil

Podolski

Riedle/Klinsmann was just before my time of watching Premier League (or near the very start). When I think of that Liverpool era, it's always Fowler & Owen as opposed to Riedle. If I was even 4-5 years older, Klinsmann gets in.

Can't include Gnabry - his time at Arsenal/WBA just not memorable or good enough to include him in.

Surprised you didn't go for Sane, @Dr. Gonzo. Would have been a good choice instead of Gnabry.

Other than Podolski, no other strikers stood out to include. My team is very midfield-heavy but didn't know who else to take out and replace with. Ozil gets in as I've ignored the last 2-3 years - he's pure quality to watch when he fancies it.

I nearly put Schweinsteiger in but then realised he was only at Utd for a year xD. Seemed longer.

Freund gets an honourable mention for his part in this PL moment...

1415701118040_wps_7_Everton_s_Duncan_Fer

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Did think about him, but there were better midfielders. 

Did love his screamers though. 

When you watched a football match in German TV including Hitzlsperger it was good tradition that every time he had a bad attempt (and he had quite a lot of those) the commentator would say something like  "Normally he's better at it".

Just like those people who are still saying Ronaldo is great at taking freekicks which is simply bullshit if you look at his quota.

10 hours ago, Stan said:

Lehmann

Babbel - Huth - Mertesacker - Ziege

Gundogan - Hamann

Sane - Ballack - Ozil

Podolski

Riedle/Klinsmann was just before my time of watching Premier League (or near the very start). When I think of that Liverpool era, it's always Fowler & Owen as opposed to Riedle. If I was even 4-5 years older, Klinsmann gets in.

Can't include Gnabry - his time at Arsenal/WBA just not memorable or good enough to include him in.

Surprised you didn't go for Sane, @Dr. Gonzo. Would have been a good choice instead of Gnabry.

Other than Podolski, no other strikers stood out to include. My team is very midfield-heavy but didn't know who else to take out and replace with. Ozil gets in as I've ignored the last 2-3 years - he's pure quality to watch when he fancies it.

I nearly put Schweinsteiger in but then realised he was only at Utd for a year xD. Seemed longer.

Freund gets an honourable mention for his part in this PL moment...

1415701118040_wps_7_Everton_s_Duncan_Fer

Tbh I completely forgot about Sane haha

Archived