The better place to talk football.

F1 2020 - Race 12 - Portuguese GP - 23-25th Oct

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Really looking forward to see this track in action! 

Those elevation changes puts even Spa to shame... Also quite a few blind corners, nice. Interesting to see how F1 cars manage it. I don't expect much overtaking, it's already hard enough in sportscar, but it's an exciting track nevertheless... 

• The topic was pinned
  • Subscriber
26 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Apparently Vitaly Petrov has stepped down as the drivers steward this weekend as his Dad has been killed in a shooting in Russia. 😬

According to Russian media, it's most likely a contract killing, he was apparently shot by a sniper. 

The return of the wild 90s in St. Petersburg.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What the fuck. 

Given his shady past and criminal connections, not entirely surprising. He was also supposed to testify in a huge corruption case on Monday, the assassination might be related to that too. 

4 minutes ago, nudge said:

Given his shady past and criminal connections, not entirely surprising. He was also supposed to testify in a huge corruption case on Monday, the assassination might be related to that too. 

I never knew that about Vitaly's dad. :|

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

What happened between Gasly and Perez towards the end? 

Perez shut the door under braking and almost caused a huge accident. Very dangerous move IMO. 

Great race from Pierre once again! Charles very impressive too. 

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Nice to see that everyone is about as arsed as I am about the rest of this year. Great start, followed by a snooze fest.

I won't lie, I thought it started at 2pm. Wasn't even caught out by clocks going back xD 

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Nice to see that everyone is about as arsed as I am about the rest of this year. Great start, followed by a snooze fest.

I think there were some decent fights for place 5-8 and a few backmarker fights. If you take away the top 3, it would have been a good race. 

• Subscriber

There was some decent racing but it feels so low stakes. I'm looking forward to the conclusion to the battle for 3rd in the Constructors but aside from that it feels like they should just end the season now and bring the rule change back forward to next year. Sink or swim.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived