The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton - Sunday 18th October, 2020

football forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Well five games in and I cannot wait for this season to be over. This club is going absolutely nowhere under Roy Hodgson. You can be pragmatic but interesting. A status this man has shown no interest in achieving.

Surely the club must also see the same and want to move on? What does Roy have going for him that keeps him there?

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Steve Parish is still traumatised from appointing Frank De Boer and seeing him play Andros Townsend as a right wing back.

Although after years of Hodgson football I actually reckon Townsend would be a decent wing back now ha 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 1-1 Brighton - Sunday 18th October, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned
18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I think Steve Parish is still traumatised from appointing Frank De Boer and seeing him play Andros Townsend as a right wing back.

Always a worry with a team like palace that they get relegated. No point in getting rid of him at the moment. Wait till the end of the season a massive risk otherwise.

18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

That's some ridiculous stats at the end of the game. Palace had 1 shot on goal and Brighton had 19. 

Yeah but Brighton only had 3 on target. 

18 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Surely the club must also see the same and want to move on? What does Roy have going for him that keeps him there?

The chairman isnt necessarily going to be looking at the style of football. Hes going to he looking at the table, risk vs reward etc. Palace have finished 14th and 12th in the last two seasons. Not amazing but decent for a side like them. Your unlikely to go down with hodson. Your also unlikely to get in the top half but its completely understandable why a chairman would want to keep him.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but Brighton only had 3 on target. 

While thats true it also shows how Palace were comfortable sitting back instead of trying to attack a cause that could have gotten them a second goal and they did get one it just happened to be ruled offside. I thought they really only ever got going once Brighton had scored and tbf to Brighton they fluffed more than one chance to get a better shot on target, something that has plagued them from the start of this season.

39 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

While thats true it also shows how Palace were comfortable sitting back instead of trying to attack a cause that could have gotten them a second goal and they did get one it just happened to be ruled offside. I thought they really only ever got going once Brighton had scored and tbf to Brighton they fluffed more than one chance to get a better shot on target, something that has plagued them from the start of this season.

No doubt brighton were the better team but it wasn't shot after shot like some have said 

• Subscriber
57 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

No doubt brighton were the better team but it wasn't shot after shot like some have said 

I think towards the mid of the second half they really did have a pop at Palace. At times you'd see the ball get cleared and just rotate back to strike on goal too. As you said it wasn't a shower of shots on goal but at the same time Brighton were the side really trying.

Just now, Mel81x said:

I think towards the mid of the second half they really did have a pop at Palace. At times you'd see the ball get cleared and just rotate back to strike on goal too. As you said it wasn't a shower of shots on goal but at the same time Brighton were the side really trying.

Yeah they were although they were 1.0 down. Brighton were definitely the better side though

Archived